I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:31:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  summer time...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: summer time...  (Read 10142 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 12:30:06 AM »

I love the fact that IHD is very diverse, but when you post in another language on the boards you leave out the English only people and it leaves a lot of people out of the conversation.
Besides I cannot do my job as the admin of the site if I cannot understand what is being said.

I still need members to go back and use the modify button to translate their statements on this topic, please.

kitkatz,Admin

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2014, 10:50:16 PM »

Just read your admonishments and warnings, kitkatz. I am amazed at your belligerent attitude towards what was clearly quite a bit of harmonious fun. By the way, I don't speak any language other than English. So I am now on a "2nd warning"! What, one more infraction and I'm to be kicked off the site? So be it. I'll now say 'goodbye' to all my friends here, as I'm bound to upset you again, kitkatz. I'm glad that you enjoy exercising your administerial role so much.

Galvo
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 05:58:38 AM »

Being a moderator on a forum, is not always an enjoyable situation.   :banghead;

The very fact of being asked to be a mod, indicates that some one considered that person, level headed enough to enter the world of moderators. Of course until that new mod is tried by the fires of moderating an active forum, one really won't know how it all will turn out.  >:D

The really bad mod wont last long on any worthwhile forum.   :Kit n Stik;

Ah yes, that fine line between 'right/wrong', 'censorship/no censorship', 'language of the site /any language on a site' 'all in fun activity'. :oops;

Most forum members have no of idea the amount of work and time involved to keep a forum running sanely, ad and spam free, and mostly trouble free.  ::)

So any language other than the 'sites basic language' is automatically deleted, at least is how I handle it.
While it would be neat to have an all language forum, it would pose monumental problems to do so.

While it would be neat if all mods were gracious and affable all the time, but, just think of how your daily routines vary day to day, are you really gracious and affable all the time!
Once any type of notice is given regards any type of activity, best consider it a favor, and heed the warning.  :bow;

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 10:51:17 AM »

Thanks Talker. You say it better than I could have.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 12:11:35 PM »

Just read your admonishments and warnings, kitkatz. I am amazed at your belligerent attitude towards what was clearly quite a bit of harmonious fun. By the way, I don't speak any language other than English. So I am now on a "2nd warning"! What, one more infraction and I'm to be kicked off the site? So be it. I'll now say 'goodbye' to all my friends here, as I'm bound to upset you again, kitkatz. I'm glad that you enjoy exercising your administerial role so much.

Please don’t go galvo!
I agree with you, that our little playful banter was meant as a bit of harmonious harmless fun
and clearly our sort of fun is not everyone’s "cup of tea"…
...All we can do is accepting it...  but please think it over and please don’t go!

Best wishes from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 12:25:17 PM »

Not to make mention of  a member 'Not leaving' over a gentle warning notice.  :bow;

Yikes ! How insensitive of me.   :oops;

Lets  :grouphug;

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 10:26:01 PM »

If this conversation continues off topic it will be locked by the admin.

kitkatz, Admin

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
noahvale
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 02:44:54 PM »

^

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:22:49 PM by noahvale » Logged
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »

Well said Noahvale, and I miss you already  Galvo.  ;D    KK is right, and I for one am well happy to not receive any adverts for kidneys (for example) on this site. I did find the language variation actually quite fun, but understand that it's not very nice for English-only speaking members.

Can we just shake hands, and forget about it?

Love y'all, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2014, 01:55:31 AM »

Hell life is too short for all of this.. especially for us.

:-* you Galvo x

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:22 PM »

On topic:
"In the good old summer time,
In the good old summer time,
Strolling thro' the shady lanes
With your baby mine;
You hold her hand and she holds yours,
And that's a very good sign
That she's your tootsie wootsie
In the good old summer time."

Galvo
dialysisuser82

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2014, 05:05:40 PM »

If this conversation continues off topic it will be locked by the admin.

kitkatz, Admin

Wow, I just find what Kitkatz wrote and it is harsh! 

The body is made of many parts, i.e. head, body, limps, internal organs etc... so English is not the only language!  Yes, it is being used by many but so is French, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese

etc...

My intention was share with other non-English speakers which will bring diversity into this forum.

Hum, I wonder why there is a debacle into Facebook.

At this rate, I too may say goodbye to this forum.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »