I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:24:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  New member, hi!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New member, hi!  (Read 8763 times)
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »

Oooh, absolutely LOVE the tattoo.

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »

Your fistula (where is it...?)  is very well "hidden" through the artistic tattoos...
... usually I am not a fan of tattoos, but in this case they take the attention away
and assist "not to have it rubbed in" that there is a fistula underneath... very clever!

Your motorcycle photos are fascinating! I remember, how difficult it is to keep the balance at high speed,
when one knee is almost touching the street... one of the more difficult manoeuvres...

... I had once a chance to try a simulating racing car and it was exuberating...
... It was a proper racing car, but the speed and sound was simulated through a computer and "driving" it felt like "the real thing"...
... I did not drive too fast, but I had no accident either and the instructor told me that I did extremely well ...
... he told me that first one has to study to react quickly in speedy circumstances in order to reach the point
and become confident enough to increase the speed further and further...it is a learning process...
I would probably not have the nerves for it in the long run... because for me to concentrate at such a high speed
for such a long time was extremely exhausting... 

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
DeadAlive

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 03:40:07 AM »

Cheers guys my tattoo does cover my fistula well. I had big issues with my arm (how it looked) before i got the ink.

I never used to wear t shirts or show my arms because of the fistula .... now im happy to wear t shirts anywhere, i will even wear a vest if its real hot.

The operation was done just above my wrist, the flow is so powerfull that i can needle it anywhere from my wrist to the top of my bicep.

I usually needle it with 1 needle around 6 inch away from my fistula operation site, the other is about 12 inch away, being on my bicep. Its hard to see with the tattoo but there is 8 years of needle marks under that tattoo. I have put another 2 years marks on top of the tattoo now ... its losing some colour at these sites. I can fix it.

If it wasn't for kidney failure i'd be whupping Lewis Hamilton in F1, Be in business with Richard Branson, Be married to Beyonce and have children!
DeadAlive

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »

Not been on here for a while, i have been playing lots of poker and doing things to my car.

I re-split up with my partner .... this time its for good .... im an "Aspie" and its just not going to work. Its impossible for me to full fill her emotional needs, even though i wish i could.

I tried and tried and tried .... now its time to accept im better off and happy alone.

I am putting all my effort and time into my hobby down at my industrial unit. Me and a friend (future partner) rent a unit.... which i intend to turn into a business 12 month down the line.

I also want to go racing again and plan to start building a race car with the intention of competing in 2015.

If it wasn't for kidney failure i'd be whupping Lewis Hamilton in F1, Be in business with Richard Branson, Be married to Beyonce and have children!
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »

I don't know what an "Aspie" is and yet, when I read it, I kind of giggled. Go figure. Or did you mean Asperger's? Or that you can be a bit of an azz? 
You are probably doing the right thing. No one needs excess baggage, especially when we've got enough of our own. AND..you've got your hobbies and other interests keeping you busy (and happy) so from the sounds of it, you won't miss her. Or at least not enough to give up any of the happiness you have from other things and people in your life. Kudos to the re-split! And oh, you may want to post about your hobbies on the hobby thread recently added to the site. Some interesting stuff there.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Wat76

This Too Shall Pass

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 08:36:15 AM »

Welcome :clap;

PKD: PD started in February 2011.
Live, Laugh and Love daily.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »