I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 11:25:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Nothing but problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nothing but problems  (Read 2440 times)
komomai

« on: June 01, 2014, 04:43:08 PM »

Aloha All,
As the subject line states 2014 has been a terrible year for me.  I took a vacation back home to Hawaii in Dec./Jan.  While there had water build up in my lungs, flew back to Okinawa and was doing great in Feb./March then in April, caught an infection out came my chest tunnel catheter and in went a temp. catheter in my right leg, after the infection was over with a tunnel catheter was placed in my left leg.  I was referred to another hospital to do an upper arm fistula unfortunately his schedule was full and I was running out of annual/sick leave from my work.  Got discharged from the hospital and went back to work, banged up my right foot (I'm a diabetic) and now my right foot is this ugly purple/black color on 3 of toes.  Scheduled with the cardio team to do an angio on my right foot, no joy lots of pain, but 2 of the 3 arteries going to my foot is blocked with calcification.  Here on the island of Okinawa they don't use the drill for the leg/foot.  My kidney Doctor recommended that I go up to Chiba Nishi Hospital in mainland Japan where they are excellent in doing this.  While waiting for this, I had cardiac issues and had to do emergency angio surgery at which time they put 3 stints by my heart.  After the operation, I developed an infection and was really worried that my tunnel leg catheter would have to come out.  I'm now on day 12 of receiving massive amounts of antibiotics and so far my leg catheter is still in and working great.  Right now I'm so over  loaded with issues, adding to my problems I've run out of annual/sick leave and now have to rely on leave donations (federal employee) but have to brace for the fact that I won't be getting paid.

Yes, I plan on following the advise of the majority of people here and when able to schedule the upper arm fistula so I can get back to my plan of doing home hemp.  Mahalo for listening, take care. :waving;
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:54:18 PM »

That's a lot to handle. So you don't have any short term/long term disability insurance through your job? It would help you to get paid. You might have access to more resources if you could come home. I'm sure it's an awful decision to make. But any social net available probably only helps you at home, not in Japan. Your health is the most important thing. Try to take care of yourself.
happyonhemo

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:44:13 AM »

I will say a prayer for you.
Litegirl

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »

Aloha All,
As the subject line states 2014 has been a terrible year for me.  I

Yes, I plan on following the advise of the majority of people here and when able to schedule the upper arm fistula so I can get back to my plan of doing home hemp.  Mahalo for listening, take care. :waving;
Hi komomai,
Stay calm and believe in your recovery. I will pray for you also. You would definitely sort out lots of problems with health and job  when you get your upper arm fistula done. Dialysis catheters are good as temporary mean. There is nothing better than a good fistula. It lets you have  high quality dialysis without risks of infection and fluid build. Get better soon.
komomai

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »

Mahalo all to your thoughts and prayers, love this place it keeps me sane with all the craziness.  :thx;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »