I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello Thanks for letting me join the group.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello Thanks for letting me join the group.  (Read 3053 times)
Love8669

« on: May 28, 2014, 02:45:46 PM »

I am an advocate and partner for a Dialysis patient.  We have been together for 2 yrs.  We have made a loving home together. 
I am told I am mentally ill as my husband of 24 years died of liver and kidney disease 3 yrs ago. Lol.  I learned so much about the illness, I have much understanding and wanted to share with my new love. 
I am looking for support from you guys as an advocate.  My partner is Tony.  Tony has been on dialysis for 7yrs.  He has Alport Syndrome. A rare kidney disease that can cause blindness and deafness.  Tony is deaf.  Alport is passed in the family gene pool.  He has a daughter and grandson, that could get renal failure.  I have really helped Tony with Dr visits and his meds.  With hearing loss, even with hearing aids, there are still challenges.
In the last 7 months, he has had issues with meds doses during dialysis. I have been involved with all,  to get the injected drugs right for him.  I am interested in seeing if anyone out hear had some bad reactions and had to find what is right for them.
I have been very frustrated in seeing his activities decline this year in dealing with side effects.  So, the reason I hate dialysis is the process Tony goes through everyday.  Any other advocates out there fighting the battles?

DC
Ninanna

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 04:33:19 PM »

Hi and welcome Love!  We have many members here who are care partners. I'm sure they will be around soon. Until then make yourself at home!

Spring 2006 - Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy
June 2013 - Listed on transplant list
Feb 4th 2014 - Kidney and bone marrow tx (both from my mother) as part of a clinical trial at Hopkins
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 01:08:51 AM »

Thank you for being a caregiver. You are worth your weight in gold and so   :welcomesign;  to IHD. The welcomes will come fast and furious and we are glad to have you with us.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 01:22:32 AM »

Hello Love....

Great to see a fellow carer....

:welcomesign; to IHD... I know , being a carer myself, that you have lots to offer here...

Visit and post often....

Look forward to see you posting frequently...

Darth, Moderator...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 03:35:06 AM »

Hello Love, and  :welcomesign;!  Thank you for joining us!

Poppylicious, Moderator

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 06:24:34 AM »

Anyone that thinks you are 'mentally ill', has a screw loose.  Losing your first Husband to disease has definitely left an impression on you which forced you to learn far more than 'normal' people.  They haven't a clue of the trials you had to learn to cope with.  Those experiences help you be a better partner and caregiver to your Husband now.  He is a lucky man to have you.

IHD is a great place to share, vent when you need to, and ask questions about anything that isn't clear to you.  While most of us are not Dr's, the combined experience found here is invaluable and can't be found anywhere else.
Bambino_Bear

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 11:42:02 PM »

Welcome to our group!

:welcomesign;

I am a caregiver to my wonderful husband,  He is 4p and started PD October 2013. We have several living donors waiting to be tested for a transplant. Dialysis is a bridge to get us where we need to go. 
He had a transplant in November 2019.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »