I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:29:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Binder supplement
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Binder supplement  (Read 2183 times)
Tío Riñon

« on: May 27, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »

I just read an article about this product which is supposed to be used after eating a meal to supplement binders.

http://www.nephrologynews.com/articles/109696-new-chewing-gum-designed-to-reduce-phosphate-levels-in-chronic-kidney-disease-patients

Has anyone tried this?  Any comments about it?

I visited their web site (http://renagum.com/), but would like to read some comments or reviews about it from users before I take the plunge.
nursey66

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:01:39 PM »

My Hubby got a bottle from his Center, and then we ordered it on line.It's about $15 .oo a bottle of 30. He used it for a while , but doesn't much anymore. I don't think it helped his Phos level, as that is always sky high !! You do need a dialysis center special number to get it on line.
Tío Riñon

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 07:46:19 AM »

Thanks for sharing your hubby's experience!  This is good information to know.  I've contacted my dietitian to see what she thinks of this product.  If she agrees that we should try it, I'll let her know about the need for a number to order online.

My phosphorous levels sometimes trend high too, so I'm looking into different options to keep it in check.  I'll let you know if we decide to experiment with this and how it goes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »