I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:42:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  A beautiful rainbow on mothers day
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A beautiful rainbow on mothers day  (Read 2705 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« on: May 12, 2014, 06:17:05 AM »

We can always use happy posts :)

I wish my darn phone wouldnt have died on me while we were away for mothers day. I saw the most beautiful rainbow.. it was a full arch, i havent seen one like that in a very long time.
On our drive home from our mothers day/ my sons surprise 10th bday party, we witnessed this beautiful rainbow. My son wanted to chase it :) it looked so close.
Mothers day has always been a pretty rough day for me. I try to hold it all in, but sometimes i cant. we were listening to some music, and a song that I had sung to my mom at a mothers day mother-daughter luncheon came on, and i completely lost it. my husband grabbed my hand and held it. it made me feel so much better.
I had a wonderful mothers day. I got to share the day with my son's 10th birthday. My son is truly the best mothers day gift. Seeing him giddy opening his gifts and eating his cake. (a batman cake, he decided batman talks too much, so he needed to eat his mouth lol) My in-laws threw him a surprise party!!! (arent they wonderful!)

As I sat there in the car, with my husband holding my hand, my son falling asleep in the backseat, wore out from such a wonderful day, i knew i didnt need to chase the rainbow, because my pot o gold was right there in the car with me.

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Ninanna

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 05:04:52 AM »

What a great post Gothic!  It gave me a big smile this morning!  :laugh:

Spring 2006 - Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy
June 2013 - Listed on transplant list
Feb 4th 2014 - Kidney and bone marrow tx (both from my mother) as part of a clinical trial at Hopkins
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 09:09:52 AM »

Nothing better on Mother's Day than seeing a rainbow and watching your kid eat Batman's mouth.   :)

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 04:54:20 AM »

he was standing by the cake, covering his own mouth and trying to talk, i asked him what hes doing... he said batmans talkin to me but i ate his mouth hahaha dork!

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »

As I sat there in the car, with my husband holding my hand, my son falling asleep in the backseat, wore out from such a wonderful day, i knew i didnt need to chase the rainbow, because my pot o gold was right there in the car with me.

Awww, this made me go all squishy inside.

I'm glad you all had such a fabulous day.

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »