I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Talker says stress relief is on the way, (if you want it), for free
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Talker says stress relief is on the way, (if you want it), for free  (Read 4918 times)
talker

Talkers oil painting

« on: May 02, 2014, 08:10:32 AM »

Reading through the many topics here in IHD, I see what amounts to high stress levels or even depression,in certain instances.  :banghead;
In that I've used certain stress relieving protocols for decades, thought it might assist others, if they are not aware of these type protocols.
I do know about and use programs based on the Silva methods.  :thumbup;

No, I don't get a kickback or commission for promoting these products. :Kit n Stik;
 Hmmn, would be called altruism.  :secret;

This Silva centering exercises is one of my favorites.  :bow;

Of course if you do download, PLEASE don't listen to the programs while driving.  :thumbdown;   :police:

Download a Mp3 audio for free :

http://silvanow.com/firstexperience.htm

--------------------------
Just came across this and is a new one to me .
Have listened  to it. Is OK.

https://www.guidedmind.com/gift/love-your-body

Free "Love Your Body" Guided Meditation

Download this free 20 minute guided meditation to help you to love your body and love yourself and
----------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 08:14:03 AM by talker » Logged

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:50:12 PM »

While you're driving? Do you mean the part that says close your eyes and take a deep breath? I like meditation. I think they can be helpful with depression but if anyone tries something like this and still has depression, please get more help.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 12:20:37 AM »

I use to be a national track champion (sprints) and hated it because of all the pressure, stress and expectations placed on me to perform. Also came to hate the media, seemed I couldn't have a private conversation without it being publicized. I may not have been a "Hollywood" celebrity but nonetheless, I was a local celebrity at the time and that was a lot of pressure. I remember having to go be by myself before race time, warming up and stretching and then sitting all curled up like a ball visualizing myself running across the finish line in first place. It worked. Or well, it relaxed me and kept me from psyching myself out. Also helped to visualize my goal. Guess you could say it was a form of meditation. I am trying to get back to that as a stressed out, worried adult. I no longer compete but still feel like I am running a race of sorts and am tired of it. Would be nice to just take a deep breath and not worry about relaxing and appearing to be a slacker in the eyes of some. I just want to 'breath" and be me. Miss your sense of humor, Talker! Humor (laughter) is the best medicine for me because it releases a lot of endorphins and endorphins help fight pain so the more the merrierl And oh, I promise not to listen to the programs while driving with my eyes closed...

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 09:10:03 AM »

PrimeTimer, I have made it my goal in life to be "mediocre". I am not able to work anymore so I don't. I tell people their taxes go to me. I only do the activities I want to do, aside from the odd family obligation. I never had big achievements like you so maybe it was easier. I come from a family of ambitious ladder climbers. It's a relief to just be out of that. But it is hard to truly be peaceful.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 09:37:27 PM »

But it is hard to truly be peaceful.
You hit the nail on the head! My husband and I have had very little peace these past few years (unrelated to his ESRD) and then..he had to start dialysis. My mother in-law recently cut me down and if only she and everyone else in our families would just LISTEN to us, they may understand what we are going through and that we are just wanting to have some peace in our life, no more, no less. Just peace. No yachts, no mansion, no exotic vacations or new cars, just to be able to live and do home hemo in peace.

I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 01:49:48 PM »

But it is hard to truly be peaceful.
You hit the nail on the head! My husband and I have had very little peace these past few years (unrelated to his ESRD) and then..he had to start dialysis. My mother in-law recently cut me down and if only she and everyone else in our families would just LISTEN to us, they may understand what we are going through and that we are just wanting to have some peace in our life, no more, no less. Just peace. No yachts, no mansion, no exotic vacations or new cars, just to be able to live and do home hemo in peace.

I echo this. Life can be difficult and dialysis routine, diet and its limitations can be all-consuming. Very few people understand quite how demanding a routine it is.
I find a little tramp in the fresh air with the dogs helps (on non dialysis days) and the fact I have a wonderful, understanding partner helps. 
When I need to shut down he just lets me. (I can nap or just zone out and he
understands my batteries are flat after dialysis and I need time and space to recharge)
A yacht would be nice (providing it stays tied up in the harbour) but not essential  ::)

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 05:12:07 PM »

Ha Ha Ho Ha me oh my  OHHHH
still got some worries, but I don't cry
or shake a fist up at the skys,
Hhmmmnnnnnn, still no yachts, no mansion, no exotic vacations or new cars,
but do have a dandy fistula scar,
fistula bumps would make a new car
a wreck,
wanting peace, oh my, just wanting to have some peace in my life, no more, no less,
 just peace oh boy ,
who else gets to vacation three times a week like me,
do miss sailing the yacht and flying the plane,
oohhhh oh, was only wild dream,
low blood pressure, cramps, crash            :banghead;           
sheesh ka bob, a dose of  "mediocrity",  :sir ken;
or a dose of ambitious ladder climber,
choices, choices, choices,               :shy;
hit the nail on the head, nearly flipped out of bed,
bang fell out of bed, missed getting banged on the head,
whew, glad to be awake, oh solo mia
was the grand daddy of all
nightmares.
where oh where
is my stress reliever mp3

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 12:28:22 AM »

Ha Ha Ho Ha me oh my  OHHHH
still got some worries, but I don't cry
or shake a fist up at the skys,
Hhmmmnnnnnn, still no yachts, no mansion, no exotic vacations or new cars,
but do have a dandy fistula scar,
fistula bumps would make a new car
a wreck,
wanting peace, oh my, just wanting to have some peace in my life, no more, no less,
 just peace oh boy ,
who else gets to vacation three times a week like me,
do miss sailing the yacht and flying the plane,
oohhhh oh, was only wild dream,
low blood pressure, cramps, crash            :banghead;           
sheesh ka bob, a dose of  "mediocrity",  :sir ken;
or a dose of ambitious ladder climber,
choices, choices, choices,               :shy;
hit the nail on the head, nearly flipped out of bed,
bang fell out of bed, missed getting banged on the head,
whew, glad to be awake, oh solo mia
was the grand daddy of all
nightmares.
where oh where
is my stress reliever mp3

I read this again and again, it made me laugh. Thanks. I often go on little "trips" with my wonderfully understanding, patient and affectionate cat. It's just as relaxing as a drive through the country. Our other cat is more like a drive on a busy expressway during rush hour.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:30:24 AM by PrimeTimer » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »