I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:17:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  I think I've finally cracked....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I think I've finally cracked....  (Read 7612 times)
frankswife

« on: April 17, 2014, 06:36:04 AM »

For the last 6 or 8 weeks, starting at around the time we were preparing for Frank to have surgery for the Adrenal mass (hmmmm....) I have been having heart palpitations day and night, headaches, chest tightening, and more frequent asthma episodes. Saw my doc yesterday and he tells me I have generalized anxiety disorder and puts me on Buspirone. (sp?) I have felt like a teakettle at full boil and pray this stuff helps. I just didnt know how to calm down, and now it turns out I really couldnt on my own. I dont blame Franks illness, I never wanted to say out loud how truly hard it's been caring for him. Now on top of that I am in contract negotiations at work (I'm the Union Prez) and the company is being truly awful to us. I guess cracking was inevitable. Thanks for letting me vent.  :)

"If we all abandon our posts, who then will stand?" St. Augustine
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:55:13 AM »

Thanks for letting me vent.  :)

That's what we're here for ...  ;D

I cracked ... am currently cracking ... so I know where you're coming from. It's okay to crack.

*huggles*

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »

frankswife, I know exactly where you are coming from. After Alan passed away I thought all my stress would go, but like you I still have the palpitations, can not get my breath (perhaps the smoking  does not help) I go dizzy and my brain feels fuzzed up all the time. Mine now is a different kind of stress. I don't think people realize that being a carer is not an easy task, it is bloody hard work.You went to the right place, hope your GP has given you something that will help. I try to keep away from the GP but may be I ought to go.Thinking about you both.
LisaBart

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »

You need to take some time out for yourself, go have a massage, some reiki and treat yourself.....
try not to take "doctor" drugs and go see a naturopath and maybe get some lavandula to calm you.
nataliemac

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:14:06 AM »

:cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

I hope the medication works for you and that you manage to take a few hrs out for yourself ....................just remember if you keep withdrawing from your bank without making any deposits the bank soon goes bankrupt  :flower;
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »

For the last 6 or 8 weeks, starting at around the time we were preparing for Frank to have surgery for the Adrenal mass (hmmmm....) I have been having heart palpitations day and night, headaches, chest tightening, and more frequent asthma episodes. Saw my doc yesterday and he tells me I have generalized anxiety disorder and puts me on Buspirone. (sp?) I have felt like a teakettle at full boil and pray this stuff helps. I just didnt know how to calm down, and now it turns out I really couldnt on my own. I dont blame Franks illness, I never wanted to say out loud how truly hard it's been caring for him. Now on top of that I am in contract negotiations at work (I'm the Union Prez) and the company is being truly awful to us. I guess cracking was inevitable. Thanks for letting me vent.  :)

I am definitely feeling cracked. Asthma is out of control, I need to start carrying a paper sack to put my head in. I actually hyperventilate in bed at nite, again in bed in the morning, in the shower, every where all day long unless I take that one really deep breath and hold it while thinking of something else, like some great mental escape to somewhere. Then, I go about my day til another wave hits me and the whole merry-go-ride starts again.. :stressed;
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:49:47 PM by PrimeTimer » Logged

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 08:17:24 AM »

I am definitely feeling cracked. Asthma is out of control, I need to start carrying a paper sack to put my head in. I actually hyperventilate in bed at nite, again in bed in the morning, in the shower, every where all day long unless I take that one really deep breath and hold it while thinking of something else, like some great mental escape to somewhere. Then, I go about my day til another wave hits me and the whole merry-go-ride starts again.. :stressed;
Is it stress related? 

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »

Is it stress related?
Yes. Definitely stress related. Hate to say it but I think I know what is making things so much worse; lack of exercise.

I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 02:11:29 AM »

Is it stress related?
Yes. Definitely stress related. Hate to say it but I think I know what is making things so much worse; lack of exercise.
I work out every day on a treadmill . I have it near the Nxstage machine so I can workout while my wife is being dialyzed. It really works out well. I can see her machine but watch a movie and work out at the same time. Once I have her on dialysis there is very little to do for 3 plus hours except be available, so I work out for up to 2 hours .It keeps me going .

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 07:29:17 PM »

Is it stress related?
I work out every day on a treadmill . I have it near the Nxstage machine so I can workout while my wife is being dialyzed. It really works out well. I can see her machine but watch a movie and work out at the same time. Once I have her on dialysis there is very little to do for 3 plus hours except be available, so I work out for up to 2 hours .It keeps me going .
Our dog passed away so there went my walking buddy, who also served as my personal bodyguard when out walking. We really cannot get another dog so I am having to think of a new plan to being active and keeping my head clear. 

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 02:00:53 AM »

Next time, dont wait so long to vent. ( Look who is talking). We are always here for you and happy to help.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »