I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:47:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  What you're not seeing covered by MainStreamMedia
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What you're not seeing covered by MainStreamMedia  (Read 5849 times)
noahvale
« on: April 12, 2014, 04:37:04 AM »

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:39:22 PM by noahvale » Logged
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 09:24:09 AM »

I think I've misunderstood this issue.  I didn't see where the feds are trying to take over the land.  They just want payment for allowing Mr. Bundy's cattle to graze there. 

Isn't Fox New "mainstream media"?

So, he is willing to pay the $1,000,000 he owes to the US Government to the State of Nevada instead?  Perhaps they can all come to an agreement?

I didn't see anything in either article about "states rights", so I don't think that's the issue.

What does being Mormon have to do with it?  I'm not sure I understand that bit.  Thanks for any clarification you can provide!

I become a bit alarmed whenever I hear rhetoric peppered with words like "tyrannical" or "militia" or "oppressed". 

Why can't Mr. Bundy just follow the law?  He's been arguing about this for 20 years.  He is breaking the law.  What do you think he should do, noahvale?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:56:00 AM by MooseMom » Logged

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 06:40:39 PM »

It actually seems quite clear.

He QUIT paying the grazing rights fees in 1993, and has steadfastly refused to quit running his cattle on land he does not own.

He has recently started claiming an inherent religious right of access that has no support on paper.

He will lose.  And is going to make a big issue even though he is wrong.

I just hope no one is shot when it all goes bad.
Sydnee

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 07:37:46 PM »

Our local news is covering it. Both the newspaper and the 1 TV channel we have.
 But we are a state full of ranchers.

After a hard fight to not start I started dialysis 9/13
started on PD
hoping for home hemo starting to build a fistula 1/14
cause PKD diagnosed age 14

Wife to Ed (who started dialysis 1/12 and got his kidney 10/13)
Mother to Gehlan 18, Alison 16, Jonathan 12, and Evalynn 7. All still at home.
www.donate2benefit.webs.com
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »

I first heard the story on Thursday April 10th on Fox's "The Five."  Two of the four conservatives plus Bob Bechel believed the Rancher was in the wrong.

Today CNN had a piece about the issue.

These stories tend to be looked at by national news organizations as local or regional, until and if they continue to develop.  Local media cover them first.

As an example, how many of you had heard on the national news media about the Kansas City highway sniper when it started about eleven days ago?

It began as a local media story, but now it is being reported nationally (although not on Fox Cable today).

8)

Edit: theses to these
       It's to It
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:26:42 PM by Zach » Logged

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 10:00:38 PM »

I first heard the story on Thursday April 10th on Fox's "The Five."  Two of the four conservatives plus Bob Bechel believed the Rancher was in the wrong.

Today CNN had a piece about the issue.

Theses stories tend to be looked at by national news organizations as local or regional, until and if they continue to develop.  Local media cover them first.

As an example, how many of you had heard on the national news media about the Kansas City highway sniper when it started about eleven days ago?

It's began as a local media story, but now it is being reported nationally (although not on Fox Cable today).

8)

So true Zach. It seems pretty clear from the limited information we have in the media that the rancher is in the wrong on this issue. Perhaps more details will support his claim, but at this point, it seems unlikely.

On the other hand, we don't need armed intervention like Waco either. I am no fan of our out of control Federal government, but looks like the case belongs to them at this point.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info
Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy 1998
Incenter Dialysis starting 2-1-2007
Self Care in Center from 4-15-2008 to 6-2-2009
Started  Home Care with NxStage 6-2-2009 (Qb 370, FF 45%, 40L)

All clinical and treatment related issues discussed on this forum are for informational purposes only.  You must always secure your own medical teams approval for all treatment options before applying any discussions on this site to your own circumstances.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »