I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:57:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  How did you hear of IHD?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did you hear of IHD?  (Read 25505 times)
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 04:24:06 AM »

Come on Moosemom. stop sending me personal posts in an open thread. My goodness, the post police will surely sanction us for sure. :sir ken;

Oooooh, sanctions!  Sounds like more fun than the vacuuming I need to get done once I finish derailing your thread.
Ah, this is clearly aimed at me when I so rudely asked you to *please* take your conversation anywhere but the thread I had started. Anyone who cares to read exactly what I requested can do so here: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=30890.msg478497#msg478497 See how militant I was? I don't know where I get the nerve.

This post, complete with classy smiley, is a big relief, because when I received a surprising response to my request, it wasn't from the person I would have expected. So, in talking it over with Gwyn, I found I had to start sentences with "To Hemodoc's credit...." Next time don't wait so long to come back at me with the snotty remarks! I wasted loads of time watching out my window for horsemen galloping down the road. I can now confidently state that the world makes sense to me again and the earth will survive to live another day. I look forward to your denials and/or insulting reply....

As for how I found this site, like most everyone else, it was an internet search. If you're looking for the exact keywords, sorry, mate, no recollection.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 09:02:42 AM »

Thanks for the help Hemodoc!

:thumbup; 

talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 11:25:37 AM »

On another thread, several people have voiced that we should change the name of IHD to one that is less negative. I believe that IHD is actually a marketing stroke of genius since many find this site by putting a simple Google search of "I hate dialysis" and come directly to this link.

I believe it would be quite interesting to see how people found this site. For me, I found it by another Google search looking into daily dialysis. How did you find this wonderful site created by Epoman?
Purely by accident, while doing kidney/dialysis research on-line.  :waving;

Some what like hitting the lottery jackpot once a person has found it.  :thumbup;

Also enables me to reapply my  :rant; post, and typing skills.  :bow;

talker

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »

Come on Moosemom. stop sending me personal posts in an open thread. My goodness, the post police will surely sanction us for sure. :sir ken;

Oooooh, sanctions!  Sounds like more fun than the vacuuming I need to get done once I finish derailing your thread.
Ah, this is clearly aimed at me when I so rudely asked you to *please* take your conversation anywhere but the thread I had started. Anyone who cares to read exactly what I requested can do so here: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=30890.msg478497#msg478497 See how militant I was? I don't know where I get the nerve.

This post, complete with classy smiley, is a big relief, because when I received a surprising response to my request, it wasn't from the person I would have expected. So, in talking it over with Gwyn, I found I had to start sentences with "To Hemodoc's credit...." Next time don't wait so long to come back at me with the snotty remarks! I wasted loads of time watching out my window for horsemen galloping down the road. I can now confidently state that the world makes sense to me again and the earth will survive to live another day. I look forward to your denials and/or insulting reply....

As for how I found this site, like most everyone else, it was an internet search. If you're looking for the exact keywords, sorry, mate, no recollection.

No insults Cariad. Just a bit of fun that is all between me and Moosemom. The horsemen shall come at their own time. I had a whole thread dedicated to mocking me and my beliefs a while back:

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=17495.0

No big deal Cariad. Have a great day and I pray you are not here to see the horsemen. That won't be a fun day at all.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info
Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy 1998
Incenter Dialysis starting 2-1-2007
Self Care in Center from 4-15-2008 to 6-2-2009
Started  Home Care with NxStage 6-2-2009 (Qb 370, FF 45%, 40L)

All clinical and treatment related issues discussed on this forum are for informational purposes only.  You must always secure your own medical teams approval for all treatment options before applying any discussions on this site to your own circumstances.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 06:40:43 PM »

Oh, my! I had forgotten that thread! I laughed again when I read through it. It is a tad arrogant to think it was a thread to mock one person, though.

I also cried when I read it. Two of the folks who participated are no longer with us. I miss their wit.

Cariad, if you want a chuckle, do go peruse the aforementioned thread.

I must add that I'm REALLY glad that I did find IHD. I have met some wonderful people here, including Bill who got the call yesterday.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 11:26:44 AM »

Quite interesting results to date. About 1/4 found IHD by a search for "I hate dialysis." The fact that several have noted IHD as the most active forum  that they looked at speaks well of the diverse group found on IHD. Yes, diverse is a truth given the last couple of comments.  We are not united in political ideology, religious ideology or even nationality. Instead we are all united by the common shared burden of renal disease for ourselves or for those we know.

IHD is an open forum, loosely moderated to say the least that accomplishes Epoman's' goal of an open forum uncensored by authoritarian moderators projecting an agenda as in his case from DaVita with their censored furums.

Interestingly, some on this thread have noted that the DaVita forums are quiet. I have a feeling that accomplishment would make Epoman quite happy.

Thanks for all of the replies, I find  the responses very interesting.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

All clinical and treatment related issues discussed on this forum are for informational purposes only.  You must always secure your own medical teams approval for all treatment options before applying any discussions on this site to your own circumstances.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 12:07:00 PM »

I told my husband about IHD and requested that he at least lurk if not join.  In the end, he did join.  He didn't know anything about CKD or ESRD or anything renal, and while I could tell him all about it and about how terrified I was, I thought it was really important that he learn from the experiences of other people in the same boat.  And I wanted him to be able to ask questions that a spouse or family member may have.

(I have already voted in the poll so am not allowed to vote on my husband's behalf, so do with this as you please, hemodoc!  I guess it's now 35 members who have voted.)

BTW, I had joined various kidney groups on Facebook but have found an inordinate amount of pettiness in them, so I have left them all.  I don't know what it is about Facebook that makes people so mean.  I was rather astonished by it!  Snarky and snide.  If you think IHD ever gets bad, FB is a gazillion times worse.  My only real online presence is here on IHD.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:13:28 PM by MooseMom » Logged

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 12:33:12 PM »

I told my husband about IHD and requested that he at least lurk if not join.  In the end, he did join.  He didn't know anything about CKD or ESRD or anything renal, and while I could tell him all about it and about how terrified I was, I thought it was really important that he learn from the experiences of other people in the same boat.  And I wanted him to be able to ask questions that a spouse or family member may have.

(I have already voted in the poll so am not allowed to vote on my husband's behalf, so do with this as you please, hemodoc!  I guess it's now 35 members who have voted.)

BTW, I had joined various kidney groups on Facebook but have found an inordinate amount of pettiness in them, so I have left them all.  I don't know what it is about Facebook that makes people so mean.  I was rather astonished by it!  Snarky and snide.  If you think IHD ever gets bad, FB is a gazillion times worse.  My only real online presence is here on IHD.

Snarky and snide? FB doesn't make them mean Moosemom, it simply gives them a forum to do what comes naturally to many. Decorum isn't what our current generation is known for. My grandmother live next to the same woman for decades.  She addressed her as Mrs. xxxxxx during their entire relationship. The societal values at that time generated respect and cordiality. Society today has dismissed these basic formalities. The outcome of rejecting these basic norms is quite predictable.

How is the weather in your neck of the woods today Moosemom. We are hitting 68 today and 70 tomorrow with no rain. Another beautiful Idaho day in a place where people still call it "God's country."  Cheers, have a great day. BTW, you can change your vote, but you can only vote once.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 12:45:21 PM »

I first learned about this site from an article that featured Bill Halcomb (Epoman) in a spring August 2006 edition of Nephrology News and Issues.
NNI is a major publication of the dialysis and transplantation field and the publisher thought that the IHD Web site was an important addition to areas of patient education and empowerment.

I joined on August 11, 2006.

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1043.msg11528#msg11528

:beer1;

According to the vote tabulation, nobody came to this Web site from reading my Chili Recipe.  :(
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:06:01 PM by Zach » Logged

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2014, 01:44:03 PM »

Wow, Zach, it was really cool to read your intro and to see posts from our revered "old timers" who are no longer with us.  Is there any way you can find a link to the spring 2006 edition of NNI?  A lot of us would love to read that.

Your chili recipe is famous on IHD.  I'd bet a lot of lurkers who need help with dietary tricks are cooking some up right now.  Ya never know!

Hemodoc, I'll keep my vote unchanged, but I did want to mention why my husband joined (I'd have pouted if he had not!  LOL).  He learned a lot about the emotional and psychological toll ESRD can have on a person and became aware that I was not the only one who was very anxious about the whole thing. 

It is chilly, breezy and overcast here today.  We might hit 70 this week.  As long as there are no shoveling days ahead of me, I'm happy!  But man, this winter took its toll on my house; it needs repainting.  Ugh.

Veering back on topic, I'd be interested to know how many IHD members have had friends or family check out IHD to learn more about dialysis and what it means.  I would be so thoroughly thrilled if I'd found out that one of my friends or family members had gone online specifically to find out more about what was ailing me.  So, do any of you have friends who have made it a point to find out about dialysis, maybe even joined IHD?  (Sorry, hemodoc...should that be a separate thread?)

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »

Wow, Zach, it was really cool to read your intro and to see posts from our revered "old timers" who are no longer with us.  Is there any way you can find a link to the spring 2006 edition of NNI?  A lot of us would love to read that.

Your chili recipe is famous on IHD.  I'd bet a lot of lurkers who need help with dietary tricks are cooking some up right now.  Ya never know!

Hemodoc, I'll keep my vote unchanged, but I did want to mention why my husband joined (I'd have pouted if he had not!  LOL).  He learned a lot about the emotional and psychological toll ESRD can have on a person and became aware that I was not the only one who was very anxious about the whole thing. 

It is chilly, breezy and overcast here today.  We might hit 70 this week.  As long as there are no shoveling days ahead of me, I'm happy!  But man, this winter took its toll on my house; it needs repainting.  Ugh.

Veering back on topic, I'd be interested to know how many IHD members have had friends or family check out IHD to learn more about dialysis and what it means.  I would be so thoroughly thrilled if I'd found out that one of my friends or family members had gone online specifically to find out more about what was ailing me.  So, do any of you have friends who have made it a point to find out about dialysis, maybe even joined IHD?  (Sorry, hemodoc...should that be a separate thread?)

No post police here Moosemom. That is a great question. BTW, Zach is not the only spelling challenged person I know. Put me on that list for sure. And yes, it was a great intro to read. I had not seen that before.  I joined in 2008 as well. And yes, if Zach still has a link to that article it would be a great read.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 05:48:38 PM »

Is there any way you can find a link to the spring 2006 edition of NNI?  A lot of us would love to read that.

Unfortunately, NNI's online archive does not go that far back.
But IHD's does:

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=922.msg9301#msg9301

For those who don't understand why Epoman named this site, I Hate Dialysis, please read the article.

8)

PS: Does anyone remember Epoman's other Web site, RenalRomance.com and Kidneyoogle.com ??

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 02:02:37 PM »

No insults Cariad. Just a bit of fun that is all between me and Moosemom.
Mocking me for asking you to display basic human courtesy *could* have been all a bit of fun between you and Moosemom until you both decided to discuss it in an open forum. Then it became.... let's see, how to describe it?.... 'Snarky and snide' comes to mind. Also petty. Oh well, I guess I just don't share your definition of fun.
I had a whole thread dedicated to mocking me and my beliefs a while back:

This is a puzzler. That thread is over four years old and you're still stewing about it? How on earth does that justify your decision to mock me? Though I remember reading the discussion and finding it a brilliant satire on how people in forums argue about religion and/or politics, you will not find a single post from me in that whole exchange, though I see three of this site's four admins did participate. Why not have a go at one of them? I agree with Aleta's assessment about anyone who would believe that that thread was all about them.
No big deal Cariad.
There is zero point in you telling me what is and is not a big deal. I'll decide that for myself, thanks. Rest assured I'll no longer consider it a 'big deal' to go off on any tangent I like in discussions that you start.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 02:14:51 PM »

Oh, my! I had forgotten that thread! I laughed again when I read through it. It is a tad arrogant to think it was a thread to mock one person, though.

I also cried when I read it. Two of the folks who participated are no longer with us. I miss their wit.

Cariad, if you want a chuckle, do go peruse the aforementioned thread.

I must add that I'm REALLY glad that I did find IHD. I have met some wonderful people here, including Bill who got the call yesterday.

Aleta
Thanks, Aleta, I did go back and read it all through. There was a lovely spontaneous quality to it all, and I remember how ridiculous some of the debates had got back then, so it was wonderful to see everyone blowing off a bit steam without tearing into each other as tended to happen in 'real' debates. I was chortling at some of the things you wrote. I'm sorry it had to be so bittersweet for you to reread that. I know Hanify and Dan would be very proud that their words could still elicit a laugh. I suspect it's one of the highest compliments you could pay them.  :cuddle;

Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 03:06:05 PM »

Yup, righteous indignation at a little bit of bantering between me and Mooosemom, but praise for an entire thread mocking me, my beliefs and God. Go figure Cariad.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »

Yup, righteous indignation at a little bit of bantering between me and Mooosemom, but praise for an entire thread mocking me, my beliefs and God. Go figure Cariad.
I have to say your ability to gauge emotional tone is not very impressive. If that was righteous indignation, then your response was uncontrolled rage. My reaction was closer to curiosity at how people's life can get to the point where their definition of fun is mocking someone for asking them for a basic courtesy. I think it's remarkably tacky of you to claim to be victimized by a thread that is over four years old, and started by a man who is no longer alive to defend himself.

I'm sure you'll be extremely interested to know that it is sunny and about 16C in the UK. My kids are on their term break and enjoying having time to hang out with their friends.

Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »

I have to say your ability to gauge emotional tone is not very impressive. If that was righteous indignation, then your response was uncontrolled rage. My reaction was closer to curiosity at how people's life can get to the point where their definition of fun is mocking someone for asking them for a basic courtesy. I think it's remarkably tacky of you to claim to be victimized by a thread that is over four years old, and started by a man who is no longer alive to defend himself.

I'm sure you'll be extremely interested to know that it is sunny and about 16C in the UK. My kids are on their term break and enjoying having time to hang out with their friends.

Thanks for the weather report Cariad. have a great day.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »

I'm actually VERY interested in weather reports from the UK!  I have Croydon as a saved location on weather.com.  Did you all get to see the lunar eclipse last night?  Did you see the moon go all orange?  We actually had SNOW for most of the day yesterday, so I was really disappointed in the probability that clouds would block my view, but by the late evening, the skies cleared and we had a perfect view of the entire spectacle.  It was so cool!

Maybe we should start a "What's the weather like today where you live?" thread!

Zach, thanks for that link!  Epoman had such passion for the truth, didn't he.

I guess each of us who love this site can do our bit to spread the word about IHD.  I never had much occasion to speak about my slow descent toward D.  You know how when you learn a new word, you suddenly see/hear it everywhere?  It's like that with "transplant".  Any time I say that word, I am besieged by stories from other people about either their own or their acquaintance's own transplant or dialysis, so from now on I pledge to mention IHD anytime I hear that someone is either on or headed to dialysis.

cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 01:11:49 PM »

I was a bit down, and googled: 'I hate dialysis '

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 01:24:06 PM »

I was a bit down, and googled: 'I hate dialysis '

The genius of the name lives on Cassandra. You are not alone in finding IHD by just that same manner.  I hope things have looked up since.

God bless,  Peter

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 02:05:15 PM »

I'm actually VERY interested in weather reports from the UK!  I have Croydon as a saved location on weather.com.  Did you all get to see the lunar eclipse last night?  Did you see the moon go all orange?  We actually had SNOW for most of the day yesterday, so I was really disappointed in the probability that clouds would block my view, but by the late evening, the skies cleared and we had a perfect view of the entire spectacle.  It was so cool!

Maybe we should start a "What's the weather like today where you live?" thread!

Zach, thanks for that link!  Epoman had such passion for the truth, didn't he.

I guess each of us who love this site can do our bit to spread the word about IHD.  I never had much occasion to speak about my slow descent toward D.  You know how when you learn a new word, you suddenly see/hear it everywhere?  It's like that with "transplant".  Any time I say that word, I am besieged by stories from other people about either their own or their acquaintance's own transplant or dialysis, so from now on I pledge to mention IHD anytime I hear that someone is either on or headed to dialysis.

The beauty of IHD in large part is that it is an open and minimally regulated site that pretty much follows the stream of consciousness. That is one reason why just about every thread on IHD strays from the topic at hand. Instead of weakness, that in many ways may be it's most endearing attribute.  It is filled with personal comments just as ordinary conversations between folks gathered together.

That may be the real secret of what Epoman created in addition to the genius of a name used by many on dialysis looking for relief from the burdens of renal disease. After all, Epoman was tired of posts deleted and edited by over zealous moderators. He wanted a place where folks could "rumble" and relished those threads the most according to man of his comments on these threads. In fact, Epoman stirred things up all the time and let it go. That may be the secret of why it is such a popular forum above and beyond sharing the information of renal disease and treatment options.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 02:33:45 PM »

Hemodoc, I am the first to recognize that I often veer off-topic, and several members have teased me about this.   ;D  But I like talking to people!

If I start a discussion, I don't find it insulting if it shifts into a talk about, say, Pravda.  Weirder things have happened.

I don't consider my threads to be exclusively MY threads, if you see what I mean.

Epoman knew what he was doing in creating a place like IHD.  It's like having everyone gather around the Thanksgiving table.  We all share the same food, but we talk about a lot more than just turkey and dressing.

Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »

Hemodoc, I am the first to recognize that I often veer off-topic, and several members have teased me about this.   ;D  But I like talking to people!

If I start a discussion, I don't find it insulting if it shifts into a talk about, say, Pravda.  Weirder things have happened.

I don't consider my threads to be exclusively MY threads, if you see what I mean.

Epoman knew what he was doing in creating a place like IHD.  It's like having everyone gather around the Thanksgiving table.  We all share the same food, but we talk about a lot more than just turkey and dressing.

Yes, IHD is indeed a conversation in it's essence which Epoman left quite unrestricted. I guess some folks are just too hooked on their own outlook to accept this type of openness but it is what gives IHD it's greatest strength and is a place of great interest and at times a place of great debate as well, just as Epoman enjoyed himself.

Yes, the name gets attention, but it is the conversation and openness that keeps the people here.  I believe imposing rules on IHD is a bit like trying to herd cats. Neither can be accomplished nor should folks want to either.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:27:59 PM by Hemodoc » Logged

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2014, 02:13:38 AM »

Yes, IHD is indeed a conversation in it's essence which Epoman left quite unrestricted. I guess some folks are just too hooked on their own outlook to accept this type of openness but it is what gives IHD it's greatest strength and is a place of great interest and at times a place of great debate as well, just as Epoman enjoyed himself.

Yes, the name gets attention, but it is the conversation and openness that keeps the people here.  I believe imposing rules on IHD is a bit like trying to herd cats. Neither can be accomplished nor should folks want to either.
Oh, please! Both of you have called people out for going off topic when it suits you. I made a simple request for a courtesy that is in fact one of the rules that Epoman created for his site - please stay on topic. The response I received was extremely rude, but I left it up to you and MM to continue if you really wanted to as I prefer to hash things out with the parties involved rather than asking volunteer moderators to solve my problems. Mocking me and claiming that I am behaving like some type of 'post police' is uncalled for *and* decidedly hypocritical. I find it fascinating that you don't like the behaviour you encounter on places like FB, but you don't think people should want rules here. Cannot find the sense in that so I won't bother trying.

Believe it or not, Peter, I try to avoid reading any of your posts because I decided quite some time ago that it was better for all involved if we stayed away from each other. I do appreciate that you replied initially to my question in that other thread with a completely on-topic answer, and then proceeded to go off-topic only when you were asked direct questions. I had no problem whatsoever with your behaviour in that thread. But you just couldn't let it go, so you insult me and dredge up a four year old thread (for what reason I have not been able to suss out). What on earth? Surely you have better things to do with your time than picking fights with me? Go ahead and mock me and everything I hold dear via PM with MooseMom. I truly couldn't care less. Just don't make cutesy allusions to it in a public forum and expect me to ignore it. Neither one of you would ignore it, either.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:13:05 AM by cariad » Logged

Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2014, 08:20:35 AM »

Too funny Cariad. Have a great day. I suppose that is an insult as well. Too funny.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »