I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:30:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Site Requests, Comments, Technical Help.
| | |-+  I hate being a Newbei more then I Hate Dialysis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hate being a Newbei more then I Hate Dialysis  (Read 6650 times)
talker

Talkers oil painting

« on: March 28, 2014, 06:47:31 AM »

I hate being a Newbie more then I Hate Dialysis, at least is how I Rank those events at this point.

Have searched for info regards Ranking and find nothing, or I just plain missed finding it.

How does the Ranking process function here!
Be Well

talker

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
kporter85db

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:40:43 AM »

It's based on number of posts. But I don't recall at which number you move up in rank.

May/2010 Sulfa based antibiotics killed my already weakened kidneys, almost
Feb/2011 PD catheter placed
July/2011 Started Peritoneal Dialysis
Nov/2013 Started NxStage 5 days/week

Ken
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »

It's based on number of posts. But I don't recall at which number you move up in rank.

Thank you .

Used to get in to St Louise, five / six times a year on company business.
People would ask me 'did you go see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'.
Well I put in 10/12 hour days, how in the world could I squeeze in the visiting time.
Same can be said for the other states I've been to.

Be Well
talker

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 01:42:10 PM »

I think you are no longer a newbie after 50 posts.

Keep talking.  :2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 11:35:48 PM »

And, believe me, 50 posts will be up before you know it.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 08:01:49 AM »

I think you are no longer a newbie after 50 posts.

Keep talking.  :2thumbsup;

Aleta

Hello willowtreewren,

Recall a gazillion bee's while doing a training session down your way. Doors had to be open and the brix tests being done attracted the bee's.

Your username brings in many memories, Willow trees. Pine trees and birds of all descriptions. Ah sweet memories.

talker

Be Well

talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 08:12:11 AM »

And, believe me, 50 posts will be up before you know it.

Hi Jean,

Hmmmnnn, recall going through your area, but mostly was in San Diego that I spent most of the time.

So you say, the magic number is 50?

Ah the magic of some sunsets in SD, were soul soothing.  Have some photos to refresh the memory, and will, the good lord willing and the creek don't rise, do some oil paintings based on those memories.

talker

Be Well

talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »

Well now, has been a very busy day,  doing what needs doing to get rid of the Newbie ranking.

Do hope that what efforts put in to date, are of some value value to others.

Did 'pig' out with three moderate helpings of ham and potato salad washed down with a Heinekens.

Ah will see what the 'marrow' bringsv after this nights rest.

talker

Be Well

talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 06:35:51 AM »

and so it came to pass

That the Newbie is no longer the Newbie

:bandance;
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:15:29 AM by talker » Logged

Be Well

Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 06:44:25 AM »

and so it came to pass

That the Newbei is no longer the Newbei                                                                                       

We're so proud of you.

Beers all around!
 :beer1; :beer1; :beer1;

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 07:00:11 AM »

and so it came to pass

That the Newbei is no longer the Newbei                                                                                       

We're so proud of you.

Beers all around!
 :beer1; :beer1; :beer1;

Twenty one bottles of beer on the wall,
                                                      Golly lets settle for two
                                                                                     one for me, the other for you.
Thank you Zach.

talker

Be Well

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »