I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:29:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  WHATS IN A NAME
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHATS IN A NAME  (Read 3592 times)
obsidianom
Elite Member

« on: March 22, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »

How about everyone who is willing, to explain their on line name for us all.

My name came from my dog. She was our second German Shepherd form the same mother. The mother was OMNI.  Our shepherd was named Obsidian -Omni . She was dark and beautiful and our favorite animal .; She was brilliant and sweet and gave us a lot for 12 years. So I took her name to keep her alive .
Obsidian-Omni became  Obsidianom for me.    As Paul Harvey said, now you know the rest of the story.

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »

When I was a little girl  ;D I used to carry pocketfuls of sugarlumps to feed ponies, either ones I rode or came across in fields!
So got nicknamed Sugarlump, which is often shortened to sugar or sugary!!! even today most of my friends call me sugar or sugs  ;D
My pockets are usually empty these days!!!!!!

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 01:25:01 PM »

... I took my name "Kristina"  from one of my best friends ... a friend who unfortunately is no longer with us...

Like myself she suffered from SLE (Systemic Lupus) and MCTD (Mixed Connective Tissue Disease) and ESRF end stage kidney failure...
Like myself she was very optimistic ... practically until her very last moment... she never ever gave up hope that a miracle cure might come along to assist her...
... We discussed often our surviving options by letter or on the telephone and we were both  always full of hope...
... We always supported each other in our fight for survival... and then one day she was suddenly gone... through an infection ... and doctors could not help her anymore...

... It shook me terribly when I heard that she had gone ... and I decided to honour her name and carry on with my survival also in her name...
... I am certain she would have wanted this ... and I am certain she would have done exactly the same if it would have been me to go first...

... Through this gesture I also feel I am not too alone in my daily fight for survival...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
big777bill

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »

Big is for what you think it would be, I'm big 127 kilos, 6ft 3in. tall. 777 is for my real name first, middle and last name allhave 7 letters. Bill short for William. Not very original but it works for me. :)

liver transplant 3/22/2005
CKD 2008

fistula 11/17/2011
 catheter 2/07/2012
 started  hemo-dialysis in center 2/07/2012
 fistula transposition 3/08/2012
 NxStage at home  3/29/2012
 Using fistula at home 6/25/2012
 Using new NxStage S High-Flow cycler 3/04/2014
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 01:39:35 PM »

How is the new cycles running Big Bill?  Any differances from the regular cycler other than speed? How many liters do you run now? How fast do you go with dialysate and blood?

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 03:20:04 PM »

My older granddaughter is named Willow and the younger one is named Wren. I just liked the cadence of Willowtreewren. The girls now have a younger brother, Winter. I love their full names: Willow Rae, Wren Mai, and Winter Jay. I won't share their last name, but their parents blended their last names to make a new last name for the kinds.

:2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 03:42:47 PM »

I like your name very much and I find it most interesting that you put your name together of the two name of your granddaughters....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:26:34 PM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »

I had an Australian Cattle Dog (also known as a Blue Heeler) for 13 years.  During that time I came across an ACD website where the members often used the word cattle kids to refer to their cattle dogs.  We all know that for some of us, our dogs are our children.   ;D   I signed up for a Yahoo email account with the name cattlekid and it has stuck for all that time.
SooMK

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 07:29:18 PM »

My name is just a shortening of my first name with my initials tacked on.

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 12:33:32 AM »

I want you to know I studied and searched for days, to come up with my name. And, in the end, Jean it is. that is my real name.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »

I want you to know I studied and searched for days, to come up with my name. And, in the end, Jean it is. that is my real name.

;D

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 06:22:39 PM »

Rerun is a television show that you have seen before.  When I had to go back on dialysis it was like an old Rerun.

Then I found out Lucy and Lioness' little brother was named Rerun so thus my Avatar.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »