I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:46:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Bruno Who?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruno Who?  (Read 5421 times)
BobN

« on: January 27, 2014, 07:34:19 AM »

So this youngster at the grocery store says to the lady behind the deli counter, "Can you believe Bruno Mars is singing at the Super Bowl?"

Then she looked to me for a reaction.

Having never heard of him, I said, "Is he related to Bruno Sammartino?"

The young lady thought about that for a minute.

Then she wrinkled her nose and said, "Who?" and looked at me like I should be sitting off by myself on a park bench somewhere knitting a scarf.

EDITED:Moved to off-topic threads-kitkatz,moderator
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:16:57 AM by kitkatz » Logged

www.bobnortham.com
Author of The ABC's of the Big D: My Life on Dialysis
Bob's Prescription for Living With Dialysis:
Follow Your Recommended Diet and Especially Watch Your Potassium, Phosphorous, and Fluid.
Stay Active - Find a Form of Exercise You Like and DO IT!!
Laugh Every Chance You Get.
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:39:44 AM »

Hey!  I am younger than you and I knit in public on a regular basis!    ;D

But I will admit to rolling my eyes at Pink/Daft Punk/Beyonce/Robin Thicke last night during the Grammys while singing along with Merle Haggard to "Okie from Muskogee".   :guitar:
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:25:22 AM »

The Red Hot Chilipeppers will be performing at the Super Bowl, too.  I'm not sure how that's gonna work because they and Bruno Mars are just soooo different!

Bruno Mars is really talented; he's quite the crooner.  He was very funny when he was on SNL.  As for his music, well, it can be an acquired taste.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »

So this youngster at the grocery store says to the lady behind the deli counter, "Can you believe Bruno Mars is singing at the Super Bowl?"

Then she wrinkled her nose and said, "Who?" and looked at me like I should be sitting off by myself on a park bench somewhere knitting a scarf.
Hey  old man , I KNOW WHO BRUNO SAMMARTINO is/was. I saw him rassle(wrestle?) at the old Boston Garden as a kid in the 1960s. That name goes back a LONG LONG LONG time.  He was "champ (chump) for a long time also.
I know Tony Atlas also. His wife once worked for me.  He is another old time  wrestler.
Remember  KILLER Kawalski?
I bet you and I could rememeber a lot of old stuff together for all these youngsters out here.

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »

Hey  old man , I KNOW WHO BRUNO SAMMARTINO is/was. I saw him rassle(wrestle?) at the old Boston Garden as a kid in the 1960s. That name goes back a LONG LONG LONG time.  He was "champ (chump) for a long time also.
I know Tony Atlas also. His wife once worked for me.  He is another old time  wrestler.
Remember  KILLER Kawalski?
I bet you and I could rememeber a lot of old stuff together for all these youngsters out here.

Yes we could, Doc.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 09:59:35 PM »

Hey!  I know who Killer Kowalski is... I'm probably related to him, since I'm related to every Kowalski I've ever met.... though, that wasn't his real name... he's still Polish-Canadian, so you never know...

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »

The bluest skies you ever seen are in SEATTLE... The greenest hills you ever seen are in SEATTLE!

Hijack:  Go Seahawks!!!   :cheer:   :cheer:

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 09:20:22 AM »

The bluest skies you ever seen are in SEATTLE... The greenest hills you ever seen are in SEATTLE!

Hijack:  Go Seahawks!!!   :cheer:   :cheer:

Here Come the Brides!   :2thumbsup;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »

Yes MM!  Good job!

Go Hawks!!!    :cheer:

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 11:16:05 AM »

I enjoy Bruno Mars.  I like to keep up with current music trends so my grandkids don't think I am old and out of it.  It makes me discover musicians I might otherwise not here.  I need to know who One Directon is, what they sing, and Macklemore and what his message is.   I just remember hearing my Mom complain about Elvis and his music, so I decided then I would listen and learn as the decades went by.  You never know what you might miss. 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 08:42:33 AM »

Paris, One Direction is a manufactured British boy band best known for their hair.  That's all you need to know!

In our day, everyone sort of listened to the same music.  But now, there is so much music out there, and people tend to compose their own playlists.  I like to watch the Grammy's to see who are the flavors of the day and who are the up and coming musicians.  There don't seem to be any new rock bands (Is "Imagine Dragons" technically a rock band?)  But there do seem to be some good young vocalists (or maybe just some cool songs, like "Royals".  Is Lorde really that good, or is it just that the song is that popular?).

obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 09:20:25 AM »

I go with that line in the old movie "The Big Chill" .  When asked if he had more modern music than the 1960s , the answer was "IN THIS HOUSE THERE IS NO OTHER MUSIC" .  I am forever a fan of music from 1955 at the dawn of rock and roll to about 1976 before disco ruined everything. That 20 years or so was the best of rock, where it all began. You could actually hear the lyrics often also, and they were a lot nicer than anything now.
We are getting close to the anniversary of "THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED''  .  February 3 , 1959.  We lost Buddy Holly, Richie Valence, and The Big Bopper., all lost in a cornfield in Iowa. So young. So much talent.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 09:25:35 AM by obsidianom » Logged

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »

I agree with you 100%. 

Here is a quote from Homer Simpson of "The Simpsons" fame by way of validation:

"Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact."   ;D

I go with that line in the old movie "The Big Chill" .  When asked if he had more modern music than the 1960s , the answer was "IN THIS HOUSE THERE IS NO OTHER MUSIC" .  I am forever a fan of music from 1955 at the dawn of rock and roll to about 1976 before disco ruined everything. That 20 years or so was the best of rock, where it all began. You could actually hear the lyrics often also, and they were a lot nicer than anything now.
We are getting close to the anniversary of "THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED''  .  February 3 , 1959.  We lost Buddy Holly, Richie Valence, and The Big Bopper., all lost in a cornfield in Iowa. So young. So much talent.
Bungarian

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 08:11:51 PM »

I don't listen to that type music all the time but Bruno is good. You should look him up on youtube
BobN

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 02:57:19 AM »

Ok, at least I know who Bruno Mars is now.

Not exactly my kind of music, but if I jumped up and down like that, I'd be scheduling my knee surgery this morning.

www.bobnortham.com
Author of The ABC's of the Big D: My Life on Dialysis
Bob's Prescription for Living With Dialysis:
Follow Your Recommended Diet and Especially Watch Your Potassium, Phosphorous, and Fluid.
Stay Active - Find a Form of Exercise You Like and DO IT!!
Laugh Every Chance You Get.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 02:18:02 AM »

Bob, I don't recommend you check out Bruno's video for The Lazy Song.. it's a song that describes me to a t.. listen, but don't watch... trust me on this...

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »