I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:21:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  TRIBUTES FOR MEMBERS LOST
| |-+  Tribute For Bill "Epoman" Halcomb
| | |-+  My father has passed away.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My father has passed away.  (Read 20810 times)
Epokid

« on: March 05, 2007, 05:02:13 PM »

:grouphug;  huddle ladies and gentelman My father is a  :angel; I have been  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(    :banghead; I soon will get used to it

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 08:42:37 PM by sluff » Logged
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »

Keep coming back Epokid, we love to know how you are doing. You dad is an  :angel; and we
miss him terribly. I am sending you lots of {{HUG}}} {{{HUG}}} and think of you all the time.
Love,
Karol   :cuddle;  :cuddle;  :cuddle;  :cuddle;  :cuddle;  :cuddle;  :cuddle;  :cuddle;  :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:44:10 PM »

We do think of you and your Mom all the time- I am glad you came to be with us for a minute-it must feel like the whole world is sad.

:grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;

Your Dad must be a beautiful Angel.  :angel;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 06:20:27 PM »

Hi there Epokid,

Great to see you here, I'm sure it's not easy for you, but I'm glad you feel comfortable coming here because we like hearing from you.

You are a great person just like your Dad.

Take Care

-Sluff

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:41:23 AM by sluff » Logged
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 06:38:09 PM »

I am so glad you are here with us.  We have been  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( too.  Your dad was a great man, loved and respected by many, many people.

Your dad loved you very much and was so very proud of you.  He often said that the main reason he wanted to get the NxStage was so he could spend more time with you.

Many people are sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your mother.

:cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 08:13:40 PM »

Epokid, you must know how my heart goes out to you and your mom at this time.  Your loss is our loss too.  What a tremendous person your father was.  He did something so marvellous for all of us who are suffering from kidney failure.  This site has been a blessing to so many people.  I am one that was helped by this site.
I am depending on you to continue to be the wonderful young man that you are.  Continue to make us proud.  Your father made us feel that you belong to us, so we want to be able to see you continue to progress.
Please continue to post and let us know how you are doing.
You must know that we are crying along with you.  :grouphug;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 08:46:39 PM »

Much love is being sent to you and your mother.  Hold strong.  Your Dad is there watching over you!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
anja

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 09:01:49 PM »

Epokid~
   Our thoughts are with you  and your mother! This week will be a difficult one for you, but I hope it helps knowing that we are all with you in thought.  Take care, we love you!    :grouphug;   :grouphug;   :grouphug;   :grouphug;   :grouphug;   :grouphug;
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 10:28:35 PM »

HOLA Epokid

Your father will allways be alive inside of you, in each memory of a good moment or a good laugh. He will be with you allways!.... :grouphug;
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 10:50:37 PM »

:grouphug; Epokid, you and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers  :grouphug;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 10:59:32 PM »

:grouphug;  Epokid, Take strength from all the happy times with your Dad. He was so proud of you and loved you so much. His love will be with you always.   :angel;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
George Jung

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 05:49:21 AM »

Thank you Epokid, for sharing your father with us.  I would like to credit both of you for providing me a place to come and find a better life for myself.  Even though I lost my father at a young age as well, I cannot know how you must feel, but sometimes it helps to let people know and free yourself of those emotions.  Please never hesitate to let  the many friends you have here into your life and talk about your dad or whatever else is happening in your life.  I don't know you personally, yet I feel as if we are brothers.  Keep your head up dude, I'm with you!
Jill D.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 06:24:12 PM »

You're right, Epokid, your dad is an  :angel;
He was always so proud of you, and I am also hoping that you check in with us now and then. Your dad created a wonderful "family" for all of us on IHD, and just like we support each other, we are here to give love and support to you and your mom.  You both have been in my heart and mind all week...big hugs to you both as well  :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
payats

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 09:02:38 PM »

Im so sorry to hear that.
My deepest sympathy to you and to your family.
God bless.
payatz :cuddle;
tpetit

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 12:24:05 PM »

Your dad was my best friend!  I want you to know that I promised him that I would keep an eye on you throughout your life.  Don't think you're off the hook academically because I will always be there lookin out for ya and making sure that you continue to be a kid with character and that you stay in the GATE program.  Know that I am always there for you, man, no matter what.  You are an awesome kid and I am proud to have been your teacher!
bluedove57

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 01:56:36 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; Epokid, your and your mom are in my prayers. Know your dad will always be in you. I was just getting to know him and he was an inspiration to me. What a great man. He is with the Lord now and enjoying his new body  :angel;. I feel much  :'( :'( :'( :'( for your loss. Take care of your mom and yourself. You are both loved. :grouphug;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 07:48:12 PM »

Epokid, your Dad was a hero to all of us. His love for you was always apparent. He was so extremely proud of you.  He was a champion for everyone with kidney failure.  May God put His loving arms around you and your Mom during this time.   

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
dreden

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 12:15:30 PM »

Epokid, your cousin Audrey here,   I love you with all my heart and will always be here for you and your Mom.  I'm not too far away so if you need me, call and I will be right there.  I love you.
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »

Dear Epokid

Your dad was an inspiration and a source of strength to us.  His legacy will be a living legacy by this webspot.  His words will always live on in the page and in our hearts.  He will be missed by us all, his friends. 
The greatest thing a man can leave his family is his integrity and strength.

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
kkid3

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 08:43:35 PM »

Epokid ... your dad was the best .. I mean the best advocate that the dialysis community has ever had!  He will be sadly missed by many many people all over the United States and even the world.  You take care Epokid ... keep your chin up, everything will be ok!

kkid3
nsxjesse

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 04:28:01 PM »

Epokid...

This is Uncle Jesse here.. and you know that I will always be here for you with whatever you need in good times and bad.

I made a promise to your dad that I would treat you like my own and make sure you grow up with class and respect for all that is around you. Don't ever hesitate to let me know how things are going for you.

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 09:01:09 PM »

Epokid I'm sorry this is late, but my computer went down the day before your Dad passed away.  I know he was laughing his ass off as I was screaming at the Dell techs.  During the 5 weeks that I was offline I did a lot of thinking and praying.  I know your Dad is in a better place free from the machine.  His time here was productive and he started a great work in IHD.  He was very proud of you and wanted very much to see you graduate from High School.  So, make him proud and study hard and make your high school years count.  Please know that we are here for you and you can always come here to remember your Dad with us.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »