I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:18:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Workers
| | | |-+  New Tech (RANT)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Tech (RANT)  (Read 8840 times)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« on: July 28, 2006, 09:28:09 PM »

We got a new tech, and up till today, I coped with her.She is one who jams the needles, breaks down under pressure and just plain old, gets on my nerves. I sit and watch t.v., too kill time, never a problem until today. She came from the front of the clinic yelling about the volume, grabbed the TV, swung it around,and proceeded to turn it down.
Keep in mind, I had just gotten all my teeth out Thursday, as part of my transplant work up, and forced myself to go into the clinic as it was, LOTS of pain.
That was it, the straw that broke the camels back...I unloaded on her, told her DO NOT _ _ _ _ WITH ME or my space anymore, and if she thinks the clinic is about her, she had best go find another job. GRRRRRRRRRR I am still pissed off about this....nobody else complained at all about the volume, and she chose to get on my case, not a good thing to do, especially when i'm in pain.
Sorry if this seems minor, and don't warrant me bitching , but I had to get it off my chest

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 09:32:41 PM »

Dude, I have gotten pissed off over little things at my center. The broken chair was my last straw last week.  I bitched loudly about it.  Noone really cared as they could not do anything about it.  Sucks!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:20:38 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:09:55 PM »

We got a new tech, and up till today, I coped with her.She is one who jams the needles, breaks down under pressure and just plain old, gets on my nerves. I sit and watch t.v., too kill time, never a problem until today. She came from the front of the clinic yelling about the volume, grabbed the TV, swung it around,and proceeded to turn it down.
Keep in mind, I had just gotten all my teeth out Thursday, as part of my transplant work up, and forced myself to go into the clinic as it was, LOTS of pain.
That was it, the straw that broke the camels back...I unloaded on her, told her DO NOT _ _ _ _ WITH ME or my space anymore, and if she thinks the clinic is about her, she had best go find another job. GRRRRRRRRRR I am still pissed off about this....nobody else complained at all about the volume, and she chose to get on my case, not a good thing to do, especially when i'm in pain.
Sorry if this seems minor, and don't warrant me bitching , but I had to get it off my chest

RANT ON! This is one of the reasons this site exists for you to do what you just did. I to in my time have had to tell a few nurses off.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 04:14:48 AM »

Just sitting here thinking, today is the last day of FREEDOM. I have to go back tomorrow for dialysis and probably face this tech once again. Though my face swelling has gone down, I am still very upset this tech will be there tomorrow, hope she hasn't poisoned the water for me. Its like a bully in school, you hate to go because of this person. Not hard for me to understand why people go" postal" on other people. I feel bad for the other patients, its not right for them to hear my bitching. But God knows, I will still have a chunk on my shoulder, and will probably pick up where I left off. I forgot to mention, I had the nurse take me off 2 hours early Friday, because I was too upset to sit there with her in my face.

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 06:20:36 AM »

Personally I do not think you have a legitimate gripe.   Sorry  :(

If the volume was too loud, it was too loud.  It's not required that another patient "complain" first about it to get action taken.

:)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 06:43:58 AM »

Maybe the TV was loud, what I am pissed at was the way the tech handled it, I mean, you do not invade someones space like she did, and take things in your own hands. Would have been different if she would have asked ME to turn it down, besides pouncing like she did, no warning what so ever.

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 01:30:24 PM »

Maybe the TV was loud, what I am pissed at was the way the tech handled it, I mean, you do not invade someones space like she did, and take things in your own hands. Would have been different if she would have asked ME to turn it down, besides pouncing like she did, no warning what so ever.
True.

Don't you have earphones?

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 02:21:03 PM »

True.

Don't you have earphones?

Earphones or NOT, she handled the situation like he didn't even exist, VERY disrespectful in my opinion. That tech sees him as a "sick" patient instead of a human being just like she is.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 02:33:56 PM »

I have had people (not just teachers) treat me that way growing up sick. It seems they get this idea in their head like you are a 2nd-class citizen

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 02:39:27 PM »

Thanks Epoman, you see my point. Angie, I have never worn earphones in my almost 5 months of going to this clinic, never a problem before that day or that person.

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »

Thanks Epoman, you see my point. Angie, I have never worn earphones in my almost 5 months of going to this clinic, never a problem before that day or that person.
Oh, in my dialysis unit we HAVE to have earplugs or they won't let you turn the TV on :( That was in the dialysis unit at the hospital. At my unit we still have to have ear phones but if the nurses see a show they want to see that a patient has on they will pull the plug out that filters the sound to the wall where we plug into ... and then it interferes with my show I am watching :( I mean .. come on! They can watch TV at home! This is their JOB! We have no choice but to sit here bored ..

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
ohhmygolly

patient care tech 4 yrs.equp. tech past 16 yrs

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 05:51:31 PM »

after 18 years as a  dialysis worker it seems that people need to here somone say. ( please read it slowly and out loud )
that the employee is there for the patient
not the patient for the employee 
thank you
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 06:06:24 PM »

I take my headphones and if someone has the TV on next to me I can usually shut them out when I put mine on.  On occasion I have asked them to turn it down. 

The thing with older people with hearing aids is the headphones make it really uncomfortable and harder to hear.  I don't wear hearing aids, but that is what I've been told.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 11:25:40 PM »

I know I get aggravated when the TVs are up so loud I can't hear my TV through my own headphones.  I usually ask a nurse or tech to ask the patient to turn it down.  But then, how do you turn down the loud techs and nurses who holler across the room at each other???

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 12:42:02 PM »

All went good today. That tech was there, but no hassles at all, her "assignments" were on the other side of the unit.  ;D ;D ;D

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 02:03:12 PM »

All went good today. That tech was there, but no hassles at all, her "assignments" were on the other side of the unit.  ;D ;D ;D

Awesome  ;D

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

kevno

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 02:28:36 PM »

We have three separate rooms on our unit. Plus patients on the Ward. so sometimes I do not see a Nurse for weeks if they do not get assigned to the room I am in. Room 1, 8 Haemo stations. Room 2, 9 Haemo stations. Room 3, 6 Haemo stations. Ward 23, 8 Haemo stations. Total = 31 Haemo stations. Plus Ward 23 is also for PD training.

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Panda_9

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 03:55:11 AM »

When I go in for Dx theres only 4 chairs and sometimes people have it up really really loud, so then I have to turn my TV up read loud so I can hear it. Then later on if they turn their TV off, mine is quite loud and makes me feel bad for having to turn it up. Up at the in centre Dx you have to have earphones if you want sound, otherwise tough. Plus you are sharing between 2 people and the TVs are pretty high up and sometimes tilted away from you so you have to strain to see it.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 08:26:03 AM »

I was just told the my hospital is getting new flat screen TV's at the hospital! I really hope that will include the Self Care unit I am at .. but I doubt it  :-\

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »