I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello from Michigan!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello from Michigan!  (Read 2947 times)
Swamp Gator

Swamp Gator

« on: August 17, 2013, 09:14:09 PM »

Hello everyone, I am a new member and I am supposted to introduce myself here and right now I am not sure what to say. :stressed; :stressed;

I am a lady in my late fifties. I have been on dialysis for 2 years and 4 1/2 months. I know it is a short time to most of you but feels like an eternity considering what I have had to deal with during this time... But that can come in a later conversation. :puke; :puke;

I live in Michigan on 20 peaceful acres, my retreat from all this insanity I deal with in life. I have 7 chickens, 2 ducks, 2 geese and 4 1/2 chihuahuas. Expecting a litter of long haired Chihuahuas late next month.

I am married to my best friend and he has a daughter who just turned 25 today. She has 2 boys that are not with her. She doesn't want to handle life responsibily and thinks everyone owes her a living. With the birth of her second son whom is almost 2 months old now and in foster care, she is starting to get the idea she needs to work and get a place to live. We are hoping she really wakes up to reality.

Well I hope that is enough for now...

SG

A problem is just a challenge . . . Waiting to be conquered.
Impossibilities are just possibilities . . . Waiting to be made possible.
You can't stop the curve balls of life . . . But you can choose how you will handle them.
If God brings you to it . . . He will also bring you through it!

By Cora Lois Grody
Pam

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 09:44:17 PM »

:welcomesign; I live in Mich. also.  In the middle of 20 acres. I did dialysis  for 3 yrs and 10 mos. before getting a transplant. I hope you find the support and  all of the answers you may need.
Pam
Swamp Gator

Swamp Gator

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 10:39:21 PM »

Hello fellow Michigander!

Support would be nice. Answers would be really great, but I am thinking there aren't any answers for my questions.

I learned very quickly that if I wanted to stay alive I had to learn all I could and very quickly. I also learned you can not trust any of the medical staff and had to watch and question their everything. Their mouth says they care, their actions don't and are lethal.

SG

You can't stop the curve balls of life . . . But you can choose how you will handle them.

By Cora Lois Grody
renalwife

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 02:38:57 PM »

I'm going to Michigan for a family reunion this week.  Hope it doesn't rain.    Welcome to the forum.  Lots of info here and lots of lsuggestions.  Really, I think you will find that
everyone on this form has had "it", "got it" or is going to get "it".  Whatever "it" is.  A wealth in information here.  And such loving friendly people.  A sincere welcome. :welcomesign;
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:29:33 AM »

:welcomesign;   to IHD, Gator. As was said by some one else, if you have a question, some one here will have an answer. There are so many of us now, and we are spread out everywhere. So ask away and best of luck to you.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Swamp Gator

Swamp Gator

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 11:19:07 PM »

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

We are not supposed to get any rain here until Friday and it is just a chance, so we most likely won't get any. It is supposed to go up to 90 degrees for the rest of the week. That is very hot for us. We just cleaned and filled the stock tub and plan to spend our free time in the cold water.

SG

By Cora Lois Grody
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »