I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:08:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  TRIBUTES FOR MEMBERS LOST
| |-+  Tribute For Bill "Epoman" Halcomb
| | |-+  Rest in Peace Bill "Epoman" Halcomb
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rest in Peace Bill "Epoman" Halcomb  (Read 103666 times)
lilbajanne

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 02:50:02 AM »

The horrible truth about life is that Legends die young.

I have seen how IHD helped my mother, bajanne, to cope with her new fate. IHD  opened a whole new life for her and gave her a new positive outlook.

Thank u so much Epoman! You have given more than u would ever know.

Our prayers go out the the entire Epoman Family and IHD Family, who has also felt this great loss.

Sincerely,
lilbajanne

Life is hard.. but not impossible
Live life like it's Golden
Earlinda

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 03:24:30 AM »

I am very saddened by the news of Epoman's passing. :'(  He started a great thing with this site and renal romance and I hope that we can do him proud by continuing his legacy.  My heart and prayers are going out to his family in this time of great loss.  May God Bless You!

Earlinda
 :grouphug;
silverhead

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 04:22:42 AM »

My sincere condolences to Epoman's family, I am sitting at the computer alone right now because I had to take my wife Sharon to the hospital yesterday with what they believe is a severe Viral infection of some kind also, it came on all of a sudden and thankfully it looks like we came to the hospital just in time, once I got her into the Emergency room I made enough of a fuss and got her looked at quickly, she went downhill fast right about then, passed out 3 times before we could get her into a bed, her temp had went from normal to 103.3 in about an hour, it finally dropped to near normal after 5 hours, and she looked a lot better, but admitted her for a few days and took her to dialysis last evening. I'm pretty sure she is in good hands, but reading what happened to Bill has shaken me a lot, is something going around that hits kidney patients particularly hard?, She did recieve the annual Flu shot a few months ago by the way.......
Tom

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2007, 05:12:18 AM »

Here is a poem I wrote this morning. I only hope it means as much to the rest of the members here at IHD as it does to me.

Into the day came darkness,

A beginning, to an end,

Red rose petal, turned brown

Calm skies, a storm

Stormy weather, renewed day

New rose, fully bloomed

A new beginning, formed

A friend gone, memory alive

If tears could bring him back,

He’d be standing here today,

Laughing, joking, encouraging.

God called our friend home,

Worthy of being made whole

He now walks with Jesus,

He doesn’t need that chair

All the pain is gone now

It was just too much to bear,

From darkness to light

And a fresh new start

To have that perfect body,

He dreamed about for years

We will pay the price

With all our countless tears.

Rest now, Brother

Sluff
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 06:50:02 AM by sluff » Logged
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 05:23:30 AM »

Tears are falling in Canada this morning,  I am so sorry for the loss of a dear dad and husband.

My prayers are with the family.

If someone could please post the address where cards and condolances can be sent , I would appreciate it.

:'(

Kim

http://www.kimhoben.com
Razman

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2007, 06:22:55 AM »

Just a week ago I was in a Chat room talking to him and I never expected such a sudden death. He created a great site and was thinking of helping others face the problems of dialysis.  He was an inspiration and I will never forget him.
kevno

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 06:23:19 AM »

I know Bill and I had our disagreements. But I always respected Bill for all the work he has done giving us renal patients (Worldwide) a place to go. To Rant and Rave about Dialysis, to have a laugh with other Renal Patients and to learn off the experiences of other Renal Patients.

God Bless Bill, Rest in Peace.

Kevno(UK)

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 06:28:40 AM »

I am at a loss for words.  At the end of summer last year, I became a renal patient.  I discovered this site and it helped me along the way to umderstanding what is happening to me.  It is thanks to Bill's pushing and goading me that I am miles ahead of the other patients in my unit in terms of taking part in my own treatment and challenging the staff when something feels wrong.  I could never have got this far without Bill's support.

My thoughts are with all the family at this time.

SCOTLAND NO.1
shivashankerprasad

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 06:35:51 AM »

this is a sad news .
may his soul rest in peace.
this is unbelievable .
i dont have words to express my feelings.
dorris

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 07:00:35 AM »

I am so sorry, what a terrible loss. 

Dorris

Dorris
Jill D.

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 07:09:09 AM »

Like everyone else, I am shocked to hear this sad news this morning. My heart is with Epokid and Epowife. Bill has left a great legacy with this site and the people he has helped all over the world. I have often thought that the most important thing we can do in this life is to help others. Bill is an inspiration and example to me, and I'm sure to everyone else at IHD.

Sluff - beautiful poem.

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
brenda

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 07:16:57 AM »

What a sad day for Bill's family and all of us. I know that Bill wanted to see his son off to college and I have to believe that he will, just from a different view. All my love to his family.

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
Meinuk

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 07:19:04 AM »

I read the post last night.  My first thought was "does EPOMAN know that there is another member who has the same name?"  Then it hit me.  As a new member of IHD, I read a lot more that I post, reading, getting to know all of you, learning, and basically coping with my disease.  IHD comforts me.  Which, when expanded means that everyone in this community comforts me.  And EPOMAN is the head of this family.  I listened to his podcast this morning as I was making breakfast.  His voice filled my home, as he discussed IHD the community and his life.

EPOMAN spoke of IHD building his self esteem.  It is hard for me to think of him as needing to build his self esteem, as he was the connsumate professional, a patient's advocate, a font of knowledge and a loving father and husband on top of it all.  He was at the top of his game, could he ever know how many people were influenced by the choices that he made in life?

He didn't go to medical school, but he educated patients.

He didn't work for Microsoft, but he created a digital home/school for hundreds of people. (soon to be thousands - he planned for the future)

He didn't go to business school, but he created a marketplace.

EPOMAN was self taught.  And then he founded a forum to teach us.  That makes him a great man in my eyes.

IHD is a living memorial to Bill Halcomb.  Thank you Bill.

My thoughts go out to his family.  I hope that they find strength in the love that is pouring out of this community right now.

I guess that I'll wrap up for now, and run the spell checker. (gotta follow the rules)

Research Dialysis Units:  http://projects.propublica.org/dialysis/

52 with PKD
deceased donor transplant 11/2/08
nxstage 10/07 - 11/08;  30LS/S; 20LT/W/R  @450
temp. permcath:  inserted 5/07 - removed 7/19/07
in-center hemo:  m/w/f 1/12/07
list: 6/05
a/v fistula: 5/05
NxStage training diary post (10/07):  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=5229.0
Newspaper article: Me dialyzing alone:  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=7332.0
Transplant post 11/08):  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=10893.msg187492#msg187492
Fistula removal post (7/10): http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=18735.msg324217#msg324217
Post Transplant Skin Cancer (2/14): http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=30659.msg476547#msg476547

“To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of thought.” - Henri Poincare
susie q

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 07:19:31 AM »

So sorry to hear this terrible news..
My condolences to his family.
Epoman will be sorely missed.
 :'( :'( :'(
billoggblog

You Dialyse to Live....You Don't live to Dialyse!

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 07:20:31 AM »

I've only been a member of this amazing site for two week's.  I recently read Epomans introduction, which I found totally intriguing,
and was looking forward to read the next installment.  I felt I knew this guy in such a little time.  I guess this shows us how important he was to the dialysis community.

My thoughts are with his family. :grouphug;
Bill.

Yesterday is History..........Tomorrow is Mystery..........
Today is a Gift...That's why they call it Present.
Ginger

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 07:46:41 AM »

I was shocked to read about the passing of Epoman. He will be missed. Bill is in a happier place now but leaves an empty hole here.
My thoughts and prayers are with the Epofamily.
vandie

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 08:25:59 AM »

There are no words at a time when we are all suffering such a great loss.   

IHD has given such comfort to many and will continue to do so.  This is only because Bill put so much energy, heart and soul into what he believed in.  I only hope we all learn by his example. 

My thoughts are with Bill's family and friends at this difficult time. 

Life is the journey, not the destination.

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 10:21:48 AM »

MY CONDOLENCES TO HIS FAMILY...I am very sad.... :(
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 10:36:31 AM »

i last spoke to Bill (in the chat room) on Wednesday, he was really sick vomiting and with diarrhea, he also told me he hadn't eaten in three days, he said he had going to see his doctor and he dismissed it as a viral infection. i felt really bad for epoman because i had gone trough a viral infection just a month before and i told him i knew how he felt... his response to me was "Aharris i think this is it for me" i encouraged him to drink more fluids especially hot tea because that was what had taken me out of that viral infection. He excused himself and told me he had to go vomit some more i said OK and that's what we last said to each other, i had to leave the chatroom because of a splitting headache.  Needless to say, i was shocked to learn from Susie (Goofynina) that he passed away on Friday,these things always get me down...i hate hospitals, i hate doctors and most of all i hate being sick all the time. I know epoman is in a better place now, my heart goes to epokid and epowife, i know what they're going through because i have also lost my mom and dad. Epoman you will be missed but never forgotten, i hope we can continue to realize epoman's dream of continuing with this site. Sluff and goofynina you have some big shoes to fill out now... keep epoman's dream alive and let me know where to send flowers and a card please.

the King has died, long live the King

Peace everybody,

Rolando

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
Crobake

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 10:52:40 AM »

Very sorry to hear of Bills passing, God bless him and his family.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2007, 12:07:53 PM »

Cards, Donations to the Family, Condolences

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=2944.0
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »

My condolences to the family. :grouphug;
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2007, 12:39:17 PM »

(alene writing) This is yet another nasty shock - finding someone that I had gotten used to having around is tragically not there anymore. However, in a site like this lies immortality. I was just reading a thread here that I had never read before about peoples names. Near the end was a post from Epoman and it hit me just like a new post (it was the one with the you tube KFC video link). The creator of this community is still here to welcome new members, for new and newer members to get to know and come to miss, and for more long time members to reminisce.

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
bluedove57

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »

I was just getting to know Bill "Epoman". He is now with our Lord and has a brand new body. My condolences to the family. He will be sadly missed. My heart goes out to the family.

Wanda
kelliOR

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2007, 01:25:54 PM »

I am tremendously saddened by this terrible news....I am thankful everyday to be a member of this site and to have known Epoman through IHD.  I miss him.  Love to his wife and child.

kelli

Shoot for the Moon.....Even if you miss, you'll end up among the Stars ........

Denied PKD for years (Boy, was I good at it!)
Dragged kicking and screaming to dialysis (in center hemo)
Transplant from a friend March 24, 2006 at OHSU
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »