I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:10:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Hand Cramps
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand Cramps  (Read 2120 times)
Whamo
Elite Member

« on: August 23, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »

I got 5 kilos overweight so I cut back on fluids, and used a red and green bag.  (under 48 oz. per day).    The first night I took off 2611 total UF.  The second night I took off 2048 total UF.  I'm down to 91.7 kilos from 96 kilos.   I'm happy with my progress, and I feel a lot better, but those cramps hit me about 1/2 hour after I get off my Baxter machine.  First they hit my left hand.  I took a few swallows of pickle juice and tonic water.  They went away, and they reappeared in my right hand.  Now, they're gone, but I'm constipated.  I think its the 3 renvela pills I take with each protein meal.    The miralax powder and lactulose haven't kicked in yet.  My phosphorus has been up for 3 months of labs, and I have to get it down.   I know most of the tricks for handling cramps, but I'm always looking to learn better coping methods.  I have a weakness for cheese, and that's what's driven my high phosphorus numbers.  I've cut it from my diet, totally. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »