I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:35:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  I'll call in that prescription AS SOON as we hang up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'll call in that prescription AS SOON as we hang up  (Read 6788 times)
Deanne
Elite Member

« on: March 02, 2007, 09:57:07 AM »

That's what she said anyway. My blood pressure has been way to high lately (up to 170 / 106), so I called my neph. She's adding Norvasc to my Lisinopril. I asked if she was calling in the script or if she wanted me to come pick it up. She said she'd call it in as soon as we hung up. Good! I wanted to start taking it right away. I went to the pharmacy to pick it up and of course they didn't know what I was talking about.

I like my neph, but grrrrrrr! There goes my bp up another couple of points.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 10:28:09 AM »

I got so tired of standing in my local grocery,where I fill prescriptions,on the phone because my pharmacy has no clue what I am talking about-that now-I always call the pharmacy first to see if its ready...then if the dr dropped the ball(again) I can call from home.

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »

That's a good idea  :thx;. The wasted trips get annoying.

Deanne

aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 11:18:59 AM »

now try this on for size.....my PCP called in the WRONG prescription, i swear she's such an idiot sometimes...err no, make that ALL the time...

cheers,

Rolando

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 11:55:29 AM »

try walgreens, prescriptions made simple, on-line  ;D, they send an email when ready and mine has a drive thru  ;D ;D ;D

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 12:27:17 PM »

"I'll call as soon as we hang up" - MY version today - "I'll have her call you right back."  - Ya, right.  That was at 2.  It's now 3:30.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.  I know I'm sick, but I still have a life, darn it!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 01:04:06 PM »

I remember the "I'll call you right back," too! It was from my previous neph. I was on prednisone and called in because I'd mostly lost my vision. I got the "Dr will call you back" message. Several hours later, he finally did. Told me to drop everything to have blood drawn, then wait for him to call me back and I was not to go to sleep until I heard from him. Several hours after that I finally got a call to drop everything and get to the hospital. My blood sugar level was over 1500. They didn't want me to go to sleep because they were afraid I'd slip into a coma. I had to find a friend to get me to the hospital. It took an hour or two. THEY were mad because *I* kept them waiting.

'scuse me while I kiss your feet!

Deanne

shay_pcb

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »

I've been in 4 comas...not fun...go to sleep in my bed and wake up in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of stuff. This was all before I was 7 years old though. I was hypoglycemic when I was younger. I think I grew out of it.

Anyway, remember a few weeks ago when I had the PD bleeding? I brought my drain bag to the dialysis center; my regular nurse wasn't there, but this new one said she'd call me back to let me know if I needed to go to the hospital or not. She never called me back and that night I was still bleeding and seriously thought about just going to the ER to make sure everything was ok. I didn't, but everything was fine.

About my pharmacy, they all know me right away when I walk in. If I have a Rx called in, but it wasn't actually called in, my pharmacy takes care of it for me and calls to let me know it's ready. I love my pharmacy!! :)  :lol;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »