I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Darryl from Brisbane aus
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darryl from Brisbane aus  (Read 2720 times)
12gage

« on: July 09, 2013, 05:05:31 PM »

Hi all I'm Darryl from Brisbane ...I'm on dialysis and hate it hard ......I was looking up gym workouts on dia and come across this page ...and I like it ....so hi all Annie one from aus ...
I hate needles sick of them :Kit n Stik;
MaryD
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 05:32:55 PM »

Hi there, Darryl from Brisbane, from Mary in Melbourne, and welcome.      :welcomesign;

If you hate dialysis you have certainly come to the best site.  How long have you been on dialysis?
Sue

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 07:10:42 AM »

Hi Darryl, Welcome to IHD, I'm from Perth WA :)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 04:43:30 PM »

Hello Darryl.  Love the Name.  We have a few of you (12gage) scattered throughout our home.  I so glad you found this site. Good people & lots of support here.

Again welcome & God Bless,
lmunchkin

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 11:15:59 PM »

G'day Daryl,

Another aussie here (Melbourne). Have spent a bit of time up in QLD over the years.

Welcome to IHD! I do think you've found the right place to come vent and find support and information! Hope to see more from you.

About the gym stuff I think gym should be OK but it depends on what sort of Dialysis you you are on - PD or Hemo etc - for example with hemo you need to look after your access (eg: graft or fistula).  so no heavy weights etc on that arm or area, and if on PD cathethers need to be taken care of, protected from water and all the usual stuff that you'd know about I'm sure. The only other advice I'd give re gym is to not push yourself. As you may have experienced you can get tired easily with lower hemoglobin and you also may need to consider bone density/strength depending on where you are at. I would suggest before undertaking anything too heavy to speak to your nephrologist about where you are at and what they recommend in terms of load you can put yourself.

Good luck with it!

RichardMEL, Moderator

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »