I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:18:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  IRS targeted Tea Party: Abuse of Power by Obama Administration
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IRS targeted Tea Party: Abuse of Power by Obama Administration  (Read 51762 times)
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 11:07:46 AM »

Okay Folks, once again I am tired of reports of personal attacks int hese threads.  You were warned-  Thick skin is needed in the political section.

Play nice and be respectful of each other.   No personal attacks, no name calling.   Quit taking sarcasm as a personal attack.

kitkatz-Moderator

I take IHD at their word that personal attacks are not tolerated. In such, on any political thread where a comment has nothing to do with the topic of the thread and turns to questioning MY credibility, MY Reality and MY integrity, I take that as a personal attack. In such, taking IHD at their word, yes, when someone wishes to attack me personally:  "Again, your credibility is in question." "You really need to get a grip on reality.  I have lost all respect now."  and insinuating ignorance of what a year is, I will do as advised, report the comment to the moderator so that a true conversation is not hindered by such inane and inflammatory comments that only venture over into further incendiary posts.

Casting aspersions,  a damaging or derogatory remark, is a personal attack.

Lastly, many folks have accused me of many things on IHD, but lacking thick skin I don't believe is one of them.

Thank you,

Peter
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:19:42 AM by Hemodoc » Logged

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info
Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy 1998
Incenter Dialysis starting 2-1-2007
Self Care in Center from 4-15-2008 to 6-2-2009
Started  Home Care with NxStage 6-2-2009 (Qb 370, FF 45%, 40L)

All clinical and treatment related issues discussed on this forum are for informational purposes only.  You must always secure your own medical teams approval for all treatment options before applying any discussions on this site to your own circumstances.
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »

Back on topic,

Here is an interesting remark attributed to none other than Piers Morgan:

“I’ve had some of the gun, pro-gun lobbyists on here, saying to me, ‘Well, the reason we need to be armed is because of tyranny from our own government,’ and I’ve always laughed at them. And I’ve always said ‘don’t be so ridiculous, your own government won’t turn itself on you.’ But, actually, when you look at this–this has nothing to do with guns–but actually this is vaguely tyrannical behavior by the American government. I think what the IRS did is bordering on tyrannical behavior, I think what the Department of Justice has done, actually, to the AP, is bordering on tyrannical behavior.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lKO8A285Rr0

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

All clinical and treatment related issues discussed on this forum are for informational purposes only.  You must always secure your own medical teams approval for all treatment options before applying any discussions on this site to your own circumstances.
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »

You say you want to get back on topic yet you have to have complain one more time.  Someone who says that I have not shown any respect for the last five years.  I have not been a member for that long so yes, that is NOT a credible statement.  There is no conjecture here at all.  It is absolutely a false statement. 
As KK pointed out, "Quit taking sarcasm as a personal attack."  I know what the definition of rape is.  The fact that you felt the need to post the definition is demeaning at best.  You remind me so much of the mother character on Everybody Loves Raymond.  She says some of the nastiest, demeaning backhanded comments and then does not understand why she gets called out on them.  You have posted out and out lies about me.  I reported them to the moderators and was told to just prove you wrong.  So, if you choose to primarily post in these political threads then please have a thick skin. 
Now the big test...Can you leave the this post alone and continue the thread concentrating on the topic at hand OR will the need for you to get the last word in be to uncontrollable for you?
Will you hold true to your word?
I have decided to cease and desist in responding but I do reserve the right to report all outright ad hominem attacks to the moderators.
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2013, 02:35:25 PM »

You say you want to get back on topic yet you have to have complain one more time.  Someone who says that I have not shown any respect for the last five years.  I have not been a member for that long so yes, that is NOT a credible statement.  There is no conjecture here at all.  It is absolutely a false statement. 
As KK pointed out, "Quit taking sarcasm as a personal attack."  I know what the definition of rape is.  The fact that you felt the need to post the definition is demeaning at best.  You remind me so much of the mother character on Everybody Loves Raymond.  She says some of the nastiest, demeaning backhanded comments and then does not understand why she gets called out on them.  You have posted out and out lies about me.  I reported them to the moderators and was told to just prove you wrong.  So, if you choose to primarily post in these political threads then please have a thick skin. 
Now the big test...Can you leave the this post alone and continue the thread concentrating on the topic at hand OR will the need for you to get the last word in be to uncontrollable for you?
Will you hold true to your word?
I have decided to cease and desist in responding but I do reserve the right to report all outright ad hominem attacks to the moderators.

Get a life YL. Report sent to moderator. I AM NOT THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD!!!!

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2013, 02:42:02 PM »

Rape is also a "crop" grown in the Northwest.  It's counterpart is Canola.  Canola is grown for human consumption and Rape is grown for industrial oils.

So there... la la la   

When I lived in England, the field across from my back garden was sowed with rape one year, and oh gosh, does that stuff stink when it's harvested!  And it is such a bright yellow that sometiimes it was actually painful to look out my kitchen door.

How's that for getting off topic? :rofl;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
rocker

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2013, 02:50:10 PM »

Lastly, many folks have accused me of many things on IHD, but lacking thick skin I don't believe is one of them.

Actually, that's close to being the #1 complaint I see about you.

And it took mere minutes to go from that to

Report sent to moderator.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2013, 03:01:57 PM »

Back on topic,

“I’ve had some of the gun, pro-gun lobbyists on here, saying to me, ‘Well, the reason we need to be armed is because of tyranny from our own government,’ and I’ve always laughed at them. And I’ve always said ‘don’t be so ridiculous, your own government won’t turn itself on you.’ But, actually, when you look at this–this has nothing to do with guns–but actually this is vaguely tyrannical behavior by the American government. I think what the IRS did is bordering on tyrannical behavior, I think what the Department of Justice has done, actually, to the AP, is bordering on tyrannical behavior.”

On a superficial level, I don't disagree with this.

However, as I've said, Citizens United really changed the landscape, and as YOU've said, the definition of and the delineation between "political" and "social" is fuzzy at best; it was made intentionally blurry by Congress.  Frankly, I think Congress should shoulder some of the blame for not making the tax laws clearer.  There will never be campaign finance reform, and there will never be tax code reform, so I think this IRS problem is here to stay.

As for the AP, I thought it was mainly the GOP that was spitting fire when the story about the leak was exposed.  That's what I don't understand about all of this.  Why were they demanding that the White House find out who supplied the AP with information about an ongoing CIA operation when this story was first published but is now howling about the DOJ?  While I do understand and appreciate the Constitution's stand on Freedom of the Press, I'd have more sympathy if I thought we had a press worth protecting.  No one has had any privacy since 9/11, so why is the press throwing such a hissy fit NOW?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2013, 03:05:52 PM »

Y'ALL ARE ABSOLUTELY NO FUN AT ALL!

I'M AM ACTUALLY CHOSING TO GO DO LAUNDRY RATHER THAN TRY TO DISCUSS ANYTHING HERE.  AND THEN I'M GOING TO WATCH "CALL THE MIDWIFE", FOLLOWED BY GAME OF THRONES WHICH WILL BE MORE THOUGHT PROVOKING THAN THE SOUL-DESTROYING DISCOURSE INTO WHICH THIS THREAD HAD DETERIORATED.

IF I HAD A BALL, I'D TAKE IT AND GO HOME.

:P

Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »

Rocker, you are quite mistaken. I will no longer tolerate personal attacks against me which has become a popular pastime for some folks here on IHD.  If you wish to talk about the topic, so be it. Otherwise, I will no longer respond to the frequent personal attacks against me just speaking my mind in a political section and I will continue to do as many moderators have advised me in the past, notify the moderator.

As for you, stick to the topic as well my friend. Since when Rocker is this thread about placing complaints against me? If you have an issue, send me a pm, otherwise stay on topic my friend.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:13:27 PM by Hemodoc » Logged

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2013, 04:19:57 PM »

Back on topic,

On a superficial level, I don't disagree with this.

However, as I've said, Citizens United really changed the landscape, and as YOU've said, the definition of and the delineation between "political" and "social" is fuzzy at best; it was made intentionally blurry by Congress.  Frankly, I think Congress should shoulder some of the blame for not making the tax laws clearer.  There will never be campaign finance reform, and there will never be tax code reform, so I think this IRS problem is here to stay.

As for the AP, I thought it was mainly the GOP that was spitting fire when the story about the leak was exposed.  That's what I don't understand about all of this.  Why were they demanding that the White House find out who supplied the AP with information about an ongoing CIA operation when this story was first published but is now howling about the DOJ?  While I do understand and appreciate the Constitution's stand on Freedom of the Press, I'd have more sympathy if I thought we had a press worth protecting.  No one has had any privacy since 9/11, so why is the press throwing such a hissy fit NOW?

Dear Moosemom,

No need to take your ball home.

Frankly, Piers Morgan finally has gained a bit of perspective and correctly identifies the Obama administration tyranny on several fronts. Not news really, the Fast and Furious debacle was a red flag operation designed to blame gun owners and gun dealers in America for violence in Mexico which backfired on team Obama. These are some of the operations we know about to date.

Lastly, it appears you are still seeking to lay blame somewhere else than a tyrannical Obama administration engaged in some very nefarious events. The Tea Party folks targeted are not to blame for unethical and potentially illegal governmental abuse of power.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2013, 04:50:07 PM »

Rocker, you are quite mistaken. I will no longer tolerate personal attacks against me which has become a popular pastime for some folks here on IHD.  If you wish to talk about the topic, so be it. Otherwise, I will no longer respond to the frequent personal attacks against me just speaking my mind in a political section and I will continue to do as many moderators have advised me in the past, notify the moderator.

As for you, stick to the topic as well my friend. Since when Rocker is this thread about placing complaints against me? If you have an issue, send me a pm, otherwise stay on topic my friend.

:rofl;  I knew it!  :sir ken;
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2013, 05:08:17 PM »

:rofl;  I knew it!  :sir ken;

Yup, YL, you are right, that is a real Christian response alright. So much for showing me huh??
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:25:36 PM by Hemodoc » Logged

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2013, 06:10:44 PM »

You have stated that you were NOT going to comment any further but you cannot control yourself.  If the  :sir ken; fits, wear it.   

BTW, your actions are FAR, VERY FAR from Christian. 

Let us see if you can actually control yourself and not comment anymore.  Anyone want to take any bets?

Can he turn the other cheek? Stay tuned.  :o
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2013, 06:14:49 PM »

“In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.”
― Carl Sagan

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2013, 06:40:09 PM »

You have stated that you were NOT going to comment any further but you cannot control yourself.  If the  :sir ken; fits, wear it.   

Let us see if you can actually control yourself and not comment anymore.  Anyone want to take any bets?

YL, you seem hell-bent on getting my attention for some reason, so yes, I will talk with you, but no, I will not trade insults with you in response to your unwarranted tirades. Sure, I can and will cease and desist with you if you will stand down as well my friend since I have absolutely no interest in continuing this vendetta you have waged against me for 4 years, which I stand corrected.

You state I am not acting in a Christian manner? Well, I have apologized to you if I have done anything wrong to you yet you won't accept that and go on in a cordial manner. I have indeed stayed on topic which you won't do either but insist on casting aspersions towards me instead of contributing to the discussion at hand in just about every thread that we both comment.

So, say what you wish, but going around with the type of anger you have personally exhibited against me is just quite strange since I harbor none against you whatsoever. YL, go enjoy your kids and let God deal with me which He does quite well thank you, if indeed you are the Christian that you state you are. BTW, how could I tell you are a Christian with the manner in which you ALWAYS attack me my friend? How could I possibly have known that? No, not a lie, I just couldn't tell that you shared my belief's in our God and Saviour and His Holy Word, the Bible.

So, YL, and go and enjoy the kids that God has given you, and enjoy one more day that God has given us both and cherish His love and grace that He has bestowed upon us both. Is that not enough?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:04:02 PM by Hemodoc » Logged

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

Big E

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »

I went to an event where our congressman, Adam Schiff, talked about a number of topics including the IRS controversy. He explained that contributions to 501c4 organizations are not tax deductible, but that the donors can remain anonymous, and that this is probably the reason so many political organizations apply for 501c4 status although they're not really eligible. Personally, I think big-money donors should not be permitted to remain anonymous, because that information can be very revealing about a particular candidate or a proposed law.

Here's an article that does a good job of explaining the various types of tax-exempt organizations.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/501c4-vs-501c3-vs-527/

PKD diagnosed June 1996
Started in-center hemodialysis May 2010
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2013, 06:54:38 PM »

I went to an event where our congressman, Adam Schiff, talked about a number of topics including the IRS controversy. He explained that contributions to 501c4 organizations are not tax deductible, but that the donors can remain anonymous, and that this is probably the reason so many political organizations apply for 501c4 status although they're not really eligible. Personally, I think big-money donors should not be permitted to remain anonymous, because that information can be very revealing about a particular candidate or a proposed law.

Here's an article that does a good job of explaining the various types of tax-exempt organizations.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/501c4-vs-501c3-vs-527/

Well, petition your congressmen to change the law that allows for these rules. However, what are you likewise going to do with your administration that uses the power of the IRS to hinder their political enemies?

Which is more outrageous? Tea Party donors who wish to remain anonymous in a lawful manner, or IRS abuse of power that is indeed politically motivated?

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »

YL, you seem hell-bent on getting my attention for some reason, so yes, I will talk with you, but no, I will not trade insults with you in response to your unwarranted tirades. Sure, I can and will cease and desist with you if you will stand down as well my friend since I have absolutely no interest in continuing this vendetta you have waged against me for 4 years, which I stand corrected.

You state I am not acting in a Christian manner? Well, I have apologized to you if I have done anything wrong to you yet you won't accept that and go on in a cordial manner. I have indeed stayed on topic which you won't do either but insist on casting aspersions towards me instead of contributing to the discussion at hand in just about every thread that we both comment.

So, say what you wish, but going around with the type of anger you have personally exhibited against me is just quite strange since I harbor none against you whatsoever. YL, go enjoy your kids and let God deal with me which He does quite well thank you, if indeed you are the Christian that you state you are. BTW, how could I tell you are a Christian with the manner in which you ALWAYS attack me my friend? How could I possibly have known that? No, not a lie, I just couldn't tell that you shared my belief's in our God and Saviour and His Holy Word, the Bible.

So, YL, and go and enjoy the kids that God has given you, and enjoy one more day that God has given us both and cherish His love and grace that He has bestowed upon us both. Is that not enough?
If you cannot tell the truth then do not bother to post.  Let me get my waders on to make it this pile.  You quote the bible yet do not act Christian.  I sure can tell you that what you do is way more important than being able to throw bible quotes out.  If you post something that is untrue then please be ready to deal with someone calling you out on it.  You cannot.  You said that you would no longer comment on my posts.  Yet another lie.  You say you want to stop.  Everyone here is laughing at the fact that I can get you to post one more time.  You have posted a number of lies.  I just sit back and point them out.  One more time...Can you let this rest and NOT feel the need to address this.  I am sure it would absolutely kill you if I got the last word on this subject.   ::)
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2013, 07:50:26 PM »

If you cannot tell the truth then do not bother to post.  Let me get my waders on to make it this pile.  You quote the bible yet do not act Christian.  I sure can tell you that what you do is way more important than being able to throw bible quotes out.  If you post something that is untrue then please be ready to deal with someone calling you out on it.  You cannot.  You said that you would no longer comment on my posts.  Yet another lie.  You say you want to stop.  Everyone here is laughing at the fact that I can get you to post one more time.  You have posted a number of lies.  I just sit back and point them out.  One more time...Can you let this rest and NOT feel the need to address this.  I am sure it would absolutely kill you if I got the last word on this subject.   ::)

Sure, YL, I will send you a pm instead since I am sure folks couldn't care less about this one side feud. I am not your enemy and I harbor no ill will against you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:52:06 PM by Hemodoc » Logged

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »

Sure, YL, I will send you a pm instead since I am sure folks couldn't care less about this one side feud. I am not your enemy and I harbor no ill will against you.
You had to make one more post in public didn't you? I am dying over here.   :rofl;  Please do not PM me. I really do not care that much. 
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »

You had to make one more post in public didn't you? I am dying over here.   :rofl;  Please do not PM me. I really do not care that much.

Then I have tried my friend, it is on you and you alone.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:47:22 PM by Hemodoc » Logged

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2013, 10:55:49 PM »

PLEASE stop quoting each other ad infinitum. Those who follow the thread will know what was said already by each person.
Please quote important statements , not entire conversation pieces.   You all are making it hard to follow the conversation because you repost so much.
Keep your conversation going and quote only salient points, please

Thank you.

kitkatz-Moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »

I think with the new upgrade you can go to your profile and create an "IGNORE" list of members you don't want to hear from.  Then you won't see their posts or ridiculous religious bashing remarks. 

Try  it and let me know if it works......  LOL   
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:03:45 AM by Rerun » Logged

Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2013, 11:41:06 AM »

PLEASE stop quoting each other ad infinitum. Those who follow the thread will know what was said already by each person.
Please quote important statements , not entire conversation pieces.   You all are making it hard to follow the conversation because you repost so much.
Keep your conversation going and quote only salient points, please

Thank you.

kitkatz-Moderator

The quote issue with the long chains is actually due to the way IHD has their quote settings in place. Most forums quote ONLY the latest comment, not the entire chain. If this is an issue with the mods and others, then ask the admin to change the setting to ONLY the latest comment and not the entire chain.

Thank you.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »

Stay on topic, please in this thread.

kitkatz, Moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »