I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:53:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  boiled eggs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: boiled eggs  (Read 7089 times)
brenda seal

« on: March 15, 2013, 05:13:58 AM »

:oops; Did you know there is a right way and a wrong way to cut the top off someone's boiled eggs ? Guess who did it the wrong way this morning ? Maybe tomorrow morning someone will be cutting the top off their own boiled eggs ! That is all I have to say on the matter as it was a trend as to how the day progressed . Love to you all from Saint Brenda .
frankswife

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:06:30 AM »

::) :rofl;

"If we all abandon our posts, who then will stand?" St. Augustine
bennyswife

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 07:45:08 AM »

I know exactly what your're talking about.  I have been bandaging my husbands toe for about 2 months now and guess what,  last night I did it all wrong.   :o
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:11:13 AM »

wow
i am sure its not easy for you guys! Im sorry you have to deal with all that!!
Sometimes I feel guilty just asking for simple things when I dont feel well, like having my bf take out the trash is a huuuuge deal for some reason... i cant imagine getting upset over how my food was prepared... then again, if i did, id be getting upset at myself LOL
your people are very lucky to have you in their lives!!!
 :cuddle;

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
dublin

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »

Hi Brenda Seal , i now poach my eggs so there is no need to cut the top of the egg off boil water simmer drop in eggs and walla , soft eggs i realy hope thats all they have to worry about . Yous are carer givers and doing a bang up job along with the rest of your work yous do . Yous deserve to be hugged and spoiled a lot , fair play to you for looking after your own partners and anyone else yous help yous realy are  :2thumbsup; :waving; :bandance; special people have a good day god bless yous .

Regards

Dublin
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 12:54:19 PM »

I think I'd be tempted to set the whole carton of eggs (uncooked) on his plate and call it good!

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
brenda seal

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »

Yes Dublin - he goes through phases - sometimes poached , sometimes boiled . He never has scrambled eggs at home as in hospital it is either scrambled eggs or pancakes for breakfast . I think the anaesthetic has had an affect as he has been very grumpy since the surgery , to the point of being quite unreasonable at times . At least now he is home I can go in another room and kick something . I can , however still make him smile - the other day he remarked the physio was late . I told him I had just walked past the nurse's station and seen the physiotherapists gathered there drawing straws and arguing about who got the grumpy old bugger in bed 24 .
MaryD
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »

:rofl;       :rofl;      :rofl;
dublin

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 03:05:33 PM »

Yes Dublin - he goes through phases - sometimes poached , sometimes boiled . He never has scrambled eggs at home as in hospital it is either scrambled eggs or pancakes for breakfast . I think the anaesthetic has had an affect as he has been very grumpy since the surgery , to the point of being quite unreasonable at times . At least now he is home I can go in another room and kick something . I can , however still make him smile - the other day he remarked the physio was late . I told him I had just walked past the nurse's station and seen the physiotherapists gathered there drawing straws and arguing about who got the grumpy old bugger in bed 24 . Haha i love the picking of straws very good well done its just life some days are good some days are bad , well i would say deep down he knows how lucky he is to have you looking after him You are very good fair play to you good luck have a nice day. I love these little figures.

Regards

dublin

dublin :thumbup; :clap; :waving; :bandance;
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 04:27:09 PM »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lordy!!!  :rofl;  this is what helps keeep the rest of us goen....  lol     Hits personal funny bones to us all im sure...   

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 05:00:39 PM »

Maybe tomorrow morning someone will be cutting the top off their own boiled eggs !
Or maybe even boiling his own?

Just out of interest how do you cut the top off your boiled eggs?  I bash a spoon on mine till it cracks and then pick the little bits of shell off till there's just room to get my spoon in.  It's very messy.

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »

I always peel my soft boiled eggs like they were hard boiled! ( Not easy! Try it. You have to kept the egg fully intact) It was a challenge when we were kids & I still do it! My Mom laughs at me every time!

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 07:02:41 PM »

Just crack the darned thing and drop it into a frying pan. If he then gets out of sorts with you, whack him upsode the head with the pan. And be sure its cast iron. You guys are what makes life worth living for many of us.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
frankswife

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 07:05:58 PM »

Just crack the darned thing and drop it into a frying pan. If he then gets out of sorts with you, whack him upsode the head with the pan. And be sure its cast iron. You guys are what makes life worth living for many of us.
:rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

"If we all abandon our posts, who then will stand?" St. Augustine
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 08:56:53 PM »

Just out of interest how do you cut the top off your boiled eggs?  I bash a spoon on mine till it cracks and then pick the little bits of shell off till there's just room to get my spoon in.  It's very messy.

;D

Here you go!
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-open-a-soft-boiled-egg-167211

:beer1;

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 07:41:19 AM »

;D

Here you go!

Oooh thanks, I'm a bit of a whacky tapper then.  Not that I have soft boiled eggs as much as I did when I was a nipper.  I do own some nice egg cups though ... boiled eggs and soldiers for tea at some point next weekend, methinks.

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 10:32:46 AM »

;D

Here you go!

That is too funny! I love kitchen gadgets BUT I don't think I'll be getting a pair of those "scissors" any time soon!   :rofl;

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »