I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:26:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Sick to death of this mess
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sick to death of this mess  (Read 11196 times)
geoffcamp

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 12:48:03 PM »

:bow; :clap; :grouphug;  you are an amazing person!!  Trust me we ALL know that about you here. It's very hard to live this life and being a caregiver is such a unselfish thing to do. I can imagine you will have these days and I'm sure there is very little satisfaction or gratitude for all you do. Just know that we here appreciate you and the wonderful person you are to stick around and be a help to a person with ESRD. You deserve a medal for everything you do. THANK YOU!!!  Let me say that to you in case you do not here it enough!  I've been alone since I got sick way back in 1996 and wish that I had a partner to stay with me and help me thru the rough times. I hope you find in deep inside you to continue to keep up and push thru the difficult times. Thanks again!  G.

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »

sorry to hijack this, but Geoffcamp all you need is someone to act as a care partner during training and maybe help you for a little until you get your confidence. to meet the requirement to have a care partner.  what you do after that is up to you.  I strongly urge you to ask your mom or someone in your family to do this for you.  they obviously love you, from what you have told us, and even if they think that they won't be able to do it, I hope that they will so you can improve your life. 

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »

Thats super nice angiepkd  :cuddle;  This whole "mess" is rough on everyone for sure.  On our up times, i thank God that he lets us gain strength for the next rounds and somehow (kinda like haven a baby) for me, i almost forget how hard the downs are.  My hats off to all who go through these illness and the ones who stick it out with them.  It's  HARD and breaks ya down bits by bits, but together, well, we keep trudgen on waiting for someore ups :) 

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
geoffcamp

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »

I have a partner now. It's just a matter of my center getting the machine. My center has never done a NxStage machine. PM me if you want more info. THX g

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2013, 03:45:59 AM »

On our up times, I almost forget how hard the downs are.   
Absolutely.  Things are 'up' for Blokey and myself at the moment.  He's happy, his levels are good (*fingers crossed* ... he had a clinic appt on Wednesday and they haven't called asking him to rush to Hospital or change his meds!) and we're at a good stage in our relationship.  When I think back to life pre-transplant I can remember the frustration and the sadness and the anger, but it all seems somewhat distant. I wish that life could stay like this forever, but I'm fully aware it (probably) won't.  One of the reasons I continue hanging around here (apart from because you're a crazy bunch of fabulous people) is that I know when the sh!t does hit the fan you're the only people in my life who will completely understand and I'll need all your *huggles* to help me get through the bad stuff.

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 11:56:03 AM »

Poppy we will always be here for you. Glad to hear things are going well.
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 05:46:17 PM »

I have a partner now. It's just a matter of my center getting the machine. My center has never done a NxStage machine. PM me if you want more info. THX g

This is a prayer answered, Geoff.  At least you can soon get started.

AWESOME NEWS GEOFF!!!!!!

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »