I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Travelling and choice between DaVita, Fresenius or an independent, I think
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Travelling and choice between DaVita, Fresenius or an independent, I think  (Read 3176 times)
bevvy5

« on: March 08, 2013, 02:29:29 PM »

We are in the preliminary planning stages of a trip to Florida next year.  As Canadians, we basically find a clinic that will take us and start making arrangements.  We will be in Weston, near Fort Lauderdale.

Our options distance wise look like DaVita, FMC or a place called Universal Kidney Centre which seems to have about six centres in the South Florida area.  Cost is not that much of a factor as all will fall under the amount we can be reimbursed when we get home.

I'm sure centres vary from one to another but I'm wondering if there's any general things I should be looking for.  I've checked the website that shows stuff like infection rates and so forth, all are pretty close to the same and nothing jumped out as alarming.

On our last vacations, we went to Hawaii, only one company did dialysis where we were, and to Palm Springs and had glowing recommendations for a centre there so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thank you in advance
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »