I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:07:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Site Requests, Comments, Technical Help.
| | |-+  UK - Ihatedialysis forum users!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK - Ihatedialysis forum users!  (Read 5894 times)
Sam.maidment2012

« on: February 19, 2013, 01:22:41 PM »

Do you not think we could have a forum title just for us UK forum users!? Some of the american things are not applicable and would be easier to trawl through if it was all about the stuff we know here in the UK.

Just a thought......

EDITED:  Moved to "Site Requests, Comments, Technical Help" section - jbeany, Moderator
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:31:18 PM by jbeany » Logged

Sam Maidment
From UK
2011 Diagnosed with End stage renal Failure (Formal diagnosis Alport's Syndrome) at the age of 21
April 2011 - August 2012 PD dialysis both day exchange and over night machine
September 2012 - In center hemodialysis since late 2012 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
I'm still here!!  Alive and kicking ass. :-)
MaryD
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »

And one for the Canadians, and one for the Australins?  Would it be permitted for a non-English person to comment on the English forum?

I just feel like stirring today.

:rofl;    :rofl;     :rofl;
Sam.maidment2012

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 01:51:09 PM »

:sarcasm;
I knew i would get someone just someone replying with something like this lol

I haven't any non-english folk on here...................yet!

Sam Maidment
From UK
2011 Diagnosed with End stage renal Failure (Formal diagnosis Alport's Syndrome) at the age of 21
April 2011 - August 2012 PD dialysis both day exchange and over night machine
September 2012 - In center hemodialysis since late 2012 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
I'm still here!!  Alive and kicking ass. :-)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »

Down, Mary, down....

I think a separate thread for insurance issues isn't a bad idea - we spend a lot of time talking about NHS and Medicare.  It might not be a bad idea to have some division since they are so different. 

It's the admins who need to be convinced, though!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »

I personally think that there are enough separate sections as it is, and that we could even stand to combine a few of the lower-traffic ones, but as usual, that could just be me. There don't seem to be many tricks to the NHS, certainly not in the way that the entire American insurance system is a trap and patients either band together against the Axis of Evil or risk losing everything they have.

If I have a specific question, whether it only pertains to women, only pertains to Americans, only pertains to parents, what have you - I tend to use one of two routes: search function, or just post the question and wait for responses. Sometimes people will even post links to related topics in their replies and - shazam! - search done for you, no "trawling" required. Part of what I enjoy about this forum is that it is not just an information clearinghouse - we interact with each other. :)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 08:40:32 AM »

I live in the UK and I love reading posts from all over the world. I have learnt about all sorts of things from our American friends. If you want just to read posts from UK there is the NHS renal forum which I don't find very exciting..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »