I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Chicago - let's have another meetup!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chicago - let's have another meetup!  (Read 8755 times)
cattlekid
Elite Member

« on: December 05, 2012, 10:38:34 AM »

So on the way to work this morning, I started thinking that it's time for another Chicago meetup!

I've preselected the date as Sunday, January 27th.  I know that the holidays are hectic for everyone but by the end of January, we will be looking for a little fun!  For those who are football fans, this is Pro Bowl weekend so there will be no important games that day.   ;D

The question now is venue.  To make it easier, I've taken Chris' idea from last time and added another one. 

Option 1 is a restaurant called JR's Place in Downers Grove.  It's a little diner two blocks from the Belmont Metra station in Downers Grove, for those who would use public transportation.  DH and I know the owner.  It's definitely a diner, renal friendly options will be limited.  Good breakfasts, sandwiches and pizza.  The good news, you can probably get away with spending less than $10.00, including tip.

Option 2 is Cracker Barrel in Romeoville, off I-55.  Close to the expressway for those who would be coming from points south.  Menu is available on line for everyone's perusal.  Probably not renal friendly either, but more choices than JR's. 

If you would be interested in attending, please vote in the poll.  I will set up a separate RSVP in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks!   ;D
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 12:03:58 PM »

I love diners!  Whenever we're on the road, we always look out for family owned diners in small towns.

Jan 27 is the perfect weekend for us football fans!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Mr. B 123

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 07:44:15 PM »

Guess I missed the announcement about the Chicago meetup, did it happen or not?  I had a good time last year meeting everyone and was looking forward to doing it again.  Let me know if I can help with anything.

Honor God, work hard, and keep show'in up.
Philippians 4:4-7
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 11:35:59 PM »

i just saw this too!!!

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 11:55:18 AM »

The meetup never happened, although if anyone is still interested, I'd be up for it!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:15:47 PM »

its possible i might be too!!

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »