I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:46:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Baxter ordering finally online!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baxter ordering finally online!  (Read 9283 times)
Tío Riñon

« on: November 13, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »

I was pleased to learn last month as I was placing my order that Baxter is now allowing patients to complete this task via the Internet.  You have to go to their website (livenow.info) and request an account.  Once you've done that you're assigned a username and password which allows you to place your monthly order at any time (instead of those limited customer service hours).

I haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment on the process, but I did visit to check out the layout and it looks pretty straight forward.  I'll do a follow up post after I place the December order next week.  If anyone else has tried this, I'd like to hear your thoughts too.

Now if only Baxter will get their pharmacy online, I'd be a happy camper!
Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »

I also found out about their on-line ordering this month. I have registered for the site and will try it out with my December order in 4 weeks. And yes, it's about time.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
blondie1746

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »

Same here!  just found out when placing my order on Monday.  Hopefully all goes smoothly with my order in December!  No more waiting on hold!
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »

Great news!  Wonder why Nxstage doesnt do that. Heck, they may and Im just not aware of it!!!!

lmunchkin

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
bleija

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 09:52:05 PM »

exciting, but of course now that im not on D anymore, oh well i guess
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »

Unfortunately this is only offered for PD patients, not those of us who are on home hemo and just get saline and ancillary supplies from Baxter. They are hoping to offer online ordering to us in the future.
Tío Riñon

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 06:11:27 PM »

I finally placed my order late last week.  The process isn't perfect, but appears to work in the end. 

When you login, you are asked to list your solution inventory on-hand as well as how much you use per week.  You can't enter fractions, so you have to round.  For the caps, tubing, and related supplies, you are asked to count the individual quantities instead of the number of boxes needed. 

Ancillary items are available too, but I didn't order anything this time.

When you complete the form, you verify the entries and submit it.  The order is sent to Baxter and you receive a confirmation e-mail stating that Baxter will send the final order confirmation within 1 business day.  I didn't receive the final confirmation, so I had to follow up with Baxter.  They said that the e-mail was rejected by my system (which doesn't make sense because I got the notice after submitting my order).  They located my order and sent the confirmation.  Now we'll see how the delivery goes.

A few bugs, however, it is manageable (and no waiting on hold with the horrible music or trying to call during business hours).  Give it a try and let us know what you think!
jeffythecat

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »

I used ordered online this month as well but never received the confirmation email.  However I did check and I am scheduled to receive my order soon.  So I guess they're not sending confirmation emails - they should really fix that, it would be helpful.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »