I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:56:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  lucky me
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: lucky me  (Read 3546 times)
brenda seal

« on: November 10, 2012, 02:48:49 AM »

:sarcasm;
Laurie has been complaining that when he calls out for me during the night for help , I don't always hear him right away ( I am asleep ) . My ever helpful son , Matthew has rigged us up with a wireless doorbell that sounds like a very large ocean liner coming through a very dense fog with all it's very loud horns blaring !! Oh , I am such a lucky girl !!!
MaryD
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 03:22:24 AM »

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 04:05:16 AM »

Wasn't that thoughtful????.....

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Darth....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
MaryJoe

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 04:58:26 AM »

Brenda, does your son live with you?  I'm thinking maybe you could buy another doorbell and put the noisy part under his bed and the button on your nightstand.  Then when Laurie blasts you out of a sound sleep you could share the joy with your thoughtful son!   >:D.

Whether the glass is half empty or half full is not as important as being thankful there's a glass and grateful there's something in it.
brenda seal

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 05:18:12 AM »

No Mary Joe he doesn't live with us , he lives a mile or so away but chances are he will hear it too - it is so loud ! It reminds me of when Laurie had surgery to remove his eye and parotid gland and some other thoughtful person bought him a tiny little bell shaped like a cow to summons my help . Tiny bell - I am not kidding it sounded like a whole herd of cows coming down a Swiss mountain slope on unsteady legs ! I can't for the life of me think where it is now - met with an untimely accident methinks !
Matthew's other suggestion was to buy a megaphone off eBay ! Oh well at least we had Laurie giggling for a little while  !!!
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 05:30:09 AM »

Ear plugs?

:rofl;

Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 05:37:27 AM »

Remove the batteries...

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 10:40:20 AM »

Connect it on Speed-Dial to your son's house!....

When the bell rings, he gets a (very) early-morning phone call.... :rofl;

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »

I had an issue one time of the nurses not hearing me, so someone suggested jokingly that I get an airhorn, well....I really did!

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
christijo

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »

Dear Lucky me,
I know exactly how you feel. I am awoken every night. I was 58 when he had his first stroke. Now I am 63. He is in heart failure and kidney dialysis. So nights are rough. And he moans and groans. I have to sleep on a couch near him.Oh honey, when I read  your message, I cried. I know what  you are going thru. My Jesus comfort you. Dear Lucky Me, I   feel for  you soooo much. The gasping for breath, the screaming and moaning, the  yelling for me at 2 am, 3 am, 4am and up permanently at 6 am.  My day never ends.May my Father in Heaven tonight wrap  his arms around you and give you rest tonight, my friend, and know somewhere in America, there is someone up with you just as tired. Hang in there my sister in suffering. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »