I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Potassium
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Potassium  (Read 6765 times)
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 09:09:09 AM »

M3riddler I'd absolutely correct.  Just what my reply would have been.

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59:50 PM »

:puke; :Kit n Stik;  Today I went to my dialysis center for my monthly checkup.  My labs were fine, but I'm carrying 5 kilos of extra fluid.   So they said take your lasix every morning, watch the salt like a hawk, and fluids, too.  And do a red bag with a green bag until we get the fluid down to normal levels.  So I go home and get on the red bag  An half hour into my first dwell my left hand started to cramp, and CRAMP, and HURT.  I tried massage, no good.  I tried tums (calcium), no good.  I tried to eat a couple of tangerines (potassium), no good.  I called the PD center, and my nurse was still there.  In another half hour I'd have to talk to the "on call" nurse.  I stopped my machine, and did (with her coaching) a manual drain of 300 ML.  I was okay, so we started the dwell cycler again.  Then my right hand started to cramp, just my luck.  I ate a couple of more tangerines and tums.  It's going to be a long night.
blondie1746

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 08:08:09 AM »

Whamo, I had that kind of night last night.  Feet cramped up over and over all night.  I was lucky to sleep for an hour before another cramp set in.  Most times it was both feet. Sometimes only one.  It was a very long night.  I sleep with a bar of soap in my sheets, didn't help.  I drank water to replace whatever fluids were being pulled off, didn't help.  When I got up this morning, I only had 32 ml UF.  The way I was cramping, I thought I was pulling a ton of fluid off.  Oh well, the joys of PD!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »