I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:08:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Site Requests, Comments, Technical Help.
| | |-+  The "Transplant Stories" forum
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Transplant Stories" forum  (Read 6501 times)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« on: October 27, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »

I am curious as to what differentiates the "Transplant Stories" forum from the regular "Transplant Discussion" forum.  I was trying to find jadey's thread to get an update on her situation but couldn't find it.  Then I logged on, and voila, there it was, apparently moved from the discussion forum to the story forum.  And, why is the stories forum accessible only to members?

(These questions do NOT imply criticism.  I'm just curious, especially since I would like to start a new thread and don't know where to put it!)

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »

Here's my non moderator cap comment:

To my way of thinking, and I supported the split when it happened, was to take the stories away from the general discussions, questions etc for exactly the reason if someone was looking for someone's particular thread like Jadey's or mine or whatever, it should go in the stories sub-form. I guess the intent was for people's indicidual transplant experience threads to go there and more general questions like maybe stuff about meds, or pre-tx tests, concerns etc should go in the general discussion thread.

It becomes an issue when people do not always post to the right thread - which is not criticism, just an observation. I try to move threads to the appropriate forum when I see an obvious one.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »

Ok, thanks for that, Richard.  Is there a particular reason why the sub-section is accessible to members only?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »

Not sure - I did not set it up - only an admin can. Perhaps Stuff or Karol (not sure who did it) decided that since the stories were more about our members personal experiences that it would make more sense to only be available for our members to read? That is just a thought in no way any kind of fact that I am aware of.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »