I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2024, 01:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  PureFlow SL Software Update
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PureFlow SL Software Update  (Read 5337 times)
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« on: October 02, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »

Has anyone else recieved a letter from NxStage about a PureFlow SL software Update?  It sounds like a great idea to me.  The extra day definately allows more flexibility in scheduling. Sometimes, my husband's dry weight is anywhere from 3 to 5 lbs under. And all I do is hook him to remove toxins. So the extra day may be good in that aspect.  Or maybe Im off and want to do him early in the morning instead of the evening, that extra day could come in handy.

I did not understand the dispenstion of water for chlorine testing.  Why the difference? Maybe a NxStager can explain it to me. I know there is a difference in the ml's by 40, but I do not know why that is done.  You have to check for chloramines anyway, why more dispensing than less?

"Auto recovery for 3 error conditions": I have never seen these alarms (C32: H20 Press AT Failed, C50: Inlet Pressure Low, and C62: Water Pump error). So I don't know what they will do with that, hopefully not make mine worse.

NxStage has hired a company to come and do the Upgrade, but I have to let them know whether I want it.  I keep thinking about the upgrades to the PD machines and how some people dislike it.  I hope this is nothing like that.

If you have received this notice, what will you do?

Interested in hearing your input.

Thanking in Advance,
lmunchkin :kickstart;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 05:59:57 PM »

I am chomping at the bit for the upgrade. I will take it as soon as I can get it. I need the extra day so I won't keep dumping leftovers when my schedule changes.
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »

Exactly Cattlekid.  Like you, our schedule has to be on 3 days (60L) so having an extra day to play with will be great.  I don't like waisting "Precious Liquid" either.  Havent had to but once or twice, so this will help!!!! 

Are you doing 50l or 60L?  I noticed you do 2 on 1 off then 2 on and 2 off, am I right! Are you prescribed 25L a day?

God Bless,

boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »

its funny the different schedules.  When we started,,, it was going to be 6 on 1 off !!!! and that was that!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ..  It sucked for us..  we were not so happy with that at all.  nearly quit ;(  talked neph into 3 on 1 off, 3 0n 1 off, and are SUPER happy with that and no waste!! and they're happy with his #'s so all good.    we're 60 L and only 19 per treatment. 
  And, about your question, we did get the notice at last apt.  I think it's great about the longer 'use' time!  makes it just that much more flexable.  And i didnt get the 'more' distrubiting of fluid for testing.  Will like hearing more. 

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »

I do 20L on 60L saks, five days a week. So there is always at least 20L of waste and sometimes more. I do not have a set schedule, I just make sure I get my five days in a week and don't skip two days in a row. I just make notes on my flow sheet on the treatment number for the week so my nurse doesn't get confused.

Exactly Cattlekid.  Like you, our schedule has to be on 3 days (60L) so having an extra day to play with will be great.  I don't like waisting "Precious Liquid" either.  Havent had to but once or twice, so this will help!!!! 

Are you doing 50l or 60L?  I noticed you do 2 on 1 off then 2 on and 2 off, am I right! Are you prescribed 25L a day?

God Bless,
ESRD Survivor

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »

Had my update done this last Saturday.  Not really sure it will do us any good, we do Sun, Mon, then Tues off so I am having to drain, then do Wed, Thur, Fri, with Sat off, and we use the whole 60L.  I guess its nice to be able to make it ahead of time without it expiring.
cdwbrooklyn

Positive Thoughts equal Positive Energy

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »

I’ve also received this update.  However, I’ve tried to upload it and it didn’t take.  I’ve called NxStage and it still didn’t take.  Although, I don’t mind the update, I really don’t need it.  My schedule is Saturday mornings, Sunday evening, Monday evening, and Tuesday off, Wednesday evening, Thursday evening, and Friday off.   I have 60L but only use 25L per treatments.  I came to the conclusion that I don’t really need the extra day.   So I decided to stay with the old version. 

Dailysis patient for since 1999 and still kicking it strong.  I was called for a transplant but could not get it due to damage veins from extremely high blood pressure.  Have it under control now, on NxStage System but will receive dailysis for the rest of my life.  Does life sucks because of this.  ABOLUTELY NOT!  Life is what you make it good, bad, sick, or healthy.  Praise God I'm still functioning as a normal person just have to take extra steps.
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 03:45:32 PM »

I called NxStage and they said someone will call me for an appt.  I informed them the only day that I had off would be the one they would come.  I also mentioned to them that it would be nice if they deviced the cycler to be ligther in weight.  He told me they had gotten feed back from individuals about the awkwardness and R&D is working on it.They are really commited to their customers.  They want to make things easy as possible for all. The past couple days, we have taken our cycler out on the deck. It is almost to heavy for me to lift, but I get it done.  Loving the outdoors here in Tennessee.

I think the only reason I am for this, is it does give an extra day before expiration.  You never know what could happen.

We are due at the clinic in the morning, and I will make sure it is done on a Monday while Im at home..

Boswife, I think this will work good for you & Bo.  Maybe you guys want to do something for enjoyment one day, but D won't allow it.  This extra day will be great for that!!! Only if he is feeling up to it of course!

God Bless,

rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 12:54:28 PM »

How did you hear about this update?  Clinic or mail or what?  I haven't heard anything.
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »

I heard about it through the Dialysis Discussion Uncensored Facebook group.  But then afterwards, I also heard about it through my clinic.
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 05:54:22 PM »

How did you hear about this update?  Clinic or mail or what?  I haven't heard anything.

Ours came by mail initially, but have talked with clinic and NxStage about it.  Hopefully, We will be upgraded some time this week. My work has agreed to let me go home for the upgrade (they are Awesome) even though we are slammed business wise. So I will call them Monday to set up a time!

Also, John's Labs were "Perfect".  Every number was excellent!  Both September and October have been really good for him! I do not know what he is doing while Im at work, but hope he continues it.  So very proud of him.

God Bless,
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:56:55 PM by lmunchkin » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »