I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  -=-=-=-=- Davita, 2005 Las Vegas Convention SCREENSHOTS! -=-=-=-=-
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: -=-=-=-=- Davita, 2005 Las Vegas Convention SCREENSHOTS! -=-=-=-=-  (Read 53621 times)
ArmyRN

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2006, 03:11:54 PM »

Epoman,

I am new in your site. I just wan to be sure, are those DaVita pictures real? Were you there? And thank you for the site.

ArmyRN

ArmyRN
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2006, 03:15:27 PM »

Epoman,

I am new in your site. I just wan to be sure, are those DaVita pictures real? Were you there? And thank you for the site.

ArmyRN

LOL, yes they are real, here is the back story: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=736.0 They are 100% Genuine. It's just hard to believe huh?  ;)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
DeLana

Dialysis RN

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2006, 10:01:57 AM »

Oh, my!   :o

I recently ran into a nurse I know who runs a DaVita clinic.  She told me she had attended this convention and "how wonderful" it was.  She was very impressed with Kent Thiry (whom she still knew as CEO of Vivra, the company that was bought by Gambro, which was of course bought by DaVita; so he's "back home").

The convention and Thiry sure made a huge impression on her - she felt that she would be able to do so much as a DaVita manager than was possible with Gambro.

I sure had no idea it was this kind of circus!   ::)

DeLana

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2006, 08:43:30 PM »

Well, in my home country, we have the sad situation that the nephrologists still have the say on who goes on and who doesn't.  My dad had kidney failure at 89.  Don't let us think age now.  Let me explain about my dad.  He was born in 1906.  At the age of 12, he became a pupil teacher.  He then became a full-fledged teacher and in his twenties, the principal of an elementary school.  He took his retirement early (at 60) and went to the seminary for a year and then became an ordained minister in the Moravian church (like Methodist).  He went to the island of Antigua and served for 10 years, then returned to Barbados and served for another 9 years.  He was then 75 years old.   On retirement, he took up livestock farming and had a farm of about 200 pigs.  He still preached from time to time, did his own business in town, walked about the village.  We had to stop him from driving himself. He went through colon cancer at the age of 87 and came through it like a trooper!  At 88 he got a bit slower, and started to admit that he was elderly.  He never thought of himself as an old man before, refusing to join any senior citizen or retired teacher groups!  He was diagnosed with kidney failure, and because of a number (89) the nephrologists refused him dialysis.  We even offered to buy a machine so they could dialyse him.  No deal. Our family physician was even upset.  My father still had so much to say to our nation.  He was such a larger than life person.  The nephrologist did not know him, so he just saw an age.  I wish my country thought as the US does, only not with that cost(!!)
A family friend in Barbados (70s) and one in England (80s), were both taken off dialysis and sent home to die.   That is the work of 'death squads"!
Sorry for this long spiel, but maybe you understand.....
Wow amazing story! Ya the system definately needs to be improved but with the lack of insight that they have I would hope patients would have a say.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
woodsman

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »

Holy man i never knew, what a bunch of slobs... drunkin bumbs, i'd have to smack some of them if i was there.
Have a bit of fun but oman the things i seen(my eyes)... I go to davita in bradford PA what a DUMP................... and i mean a depressing dump with a large oil tank outside the deserted strip mall from the 40's... never again...
CW

Yeah .............That's me!

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »

Still enjoying Epo's posts years later hilarious and accurate!  I hate when these huge companies making hundreds of millions off us short change us to maximize profits, i understand the need to remain profitable but do not endanger us to squeeze out a few extra million.

*Common Sense is an uncommon thing

20 years navigating ESRD
Had a transplant but it rejected

To all of my kidney brothers and sisters who have left too soon -
Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night.  I miss you like hell.  ~Edna St Vincent Millay
NDXUFan

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2013, 01:02:58 PM »

Still enjoying Epo's posts years later hilarious and accurate!  I hate when these huge companies making hundreds of millions off us short change us to maximize profits, i understand the need to remain profitable but do not endanger us to squeeze out a few extra million.

My friend, "Millions" Thiry.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »