I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2024, 08:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Do they just put you inactive or what?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do they just put you inactive or what?  (Read 3416 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« on: August 09, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »

If you are on a tx list, as active, and something comes up with your health, do they put you on inactive until the dr can figure out whats wrong and fix it, or say its unfixable before taking you off the list completely? or do they just take you off and make u start over when the doctors done?

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
bleija

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:34:34 PM »

im pretty sure they would just put u as inactive, until everything was all good. when i got scheduled for my live donor transplant, shands actually sent me a letter telling me i was "inactivated until i had the following issues resolved : live donor transplant." and that i would be reactivated when i had resolve the previous mentioned issues.i thought it was hilarious, im tempted now to call them and ask to be reactivated,. bc i had my surgery and everything is all good now lol
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:35:05 AM »

The usual practice is to put you on hold first.  You shouldn't lose any time while the heart issue is being dealt with.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

noahvale
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:53:31 PM by noahvale » Logged
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »

I think it's called Stage 7 or Level 7 or something like that. You will accumulate wait time while you are on hold. It's not a problem, people do it all the time. When you're ready to be active again it won't affect your getting a transplant.
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »

I'm on hold now because I got a shingles vaccination. It was pretty simple. I just called to tell them when I was getting the vaccine and they told me the date I need to call back to be reactivated. I wouldn't trust them to remember to put you back on the active list on their own and they didn't suggest that they'd do it on their own without me prompting them, so if you go on hold, be sure to tell them when the issue is resolved and that you're ready to go back to active status.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
MommyChick

Me & my precious Miracle !!!

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »

Definitely call your coordinator if you have any concerns, but you should still accumulate time if your put on hold till they would reactivate you. People do it all the time, it shouldn't be a big deal. Sometimes I even forget to tell them to put me on hold if something little comes up, but I figure I have been waiting forever & I don't see a call happening any time soon so no hurt there, haha
Good Luck with everything  :cuddle;

~ Hello All, My names Marna ~

- 1995 - 12 yrs old found out my kidneys were both failing
- 1996 - Dec. 3 I received my 1st kidney transplant at age 13, after 7/mths on the waiting list
- 2005 - In Aug. transplant failed after 9.5 years, had to have a nephrectomy due to being very ill & massive hypertension
           - End of Aug. 1st time on dialysis
- 2006 - Had my fistula placed & ready to go
- 2010 - My little Miracle was born 6/mths into the pregnancy, weighing 2.4 lbs & 13.25 in long
          - Found out my PRA is 100% & I have antibodies that CAN'T be decreased
- 2013 - Oct. 2nd  *** I finally received my kidney!!! ***
          - Dec. 3rd I had 3.5 parathyroids removed, due to them interfering w/my new kidney.
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 05:31:14 AM »

I just got the letter that I am Stage 7 because I had a heart attack on july 27. I will still accrue time on the list, but will not be active again until mid September. My fear is that even though the cardiologist has no interest in seeing me again for six months and has written a letter clearing me for transplant, some other crap will come up at that time and keep pushing me back.
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 07:38:17 AM »

i have called the cordinator multiple times, she hadnt gotten back to me, until this last time i told the lady who answered that ive called so many times, and still hadnt heard anything, so she went and got her. lol
she said that im already going to be inactive due to my weight gain, and they will determine about the heart stuff... i still havent heard back...

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »