I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 06:15:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  recent transplant how do drugs in the US compare with Australia?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: recent transplant how do drugs in the US compare with Australia?  (Read 2065 times)
Peter Fraser

Upside-down down under

« on: February 14, 2007, 06:41:35 PM »

Hi guys and Gals, Recently underwent mys 2nd transplant at the Royal Melbourne Hospital in Australia. Donor was my younger sister, the 1st on came from my Father (lasted 25 years). i was interested to know how your meds compare with mine?
I am on Tacrolimus 1.5 Mg twice a day, Cellcept 750 Mg twice a day, Prednisolone 9Mg daily, Bactrim half a tablet 3 times a week, Valcyte 900 mg alternating with 450 mg daily, half an ACE inhibitor daily, some of these drugs are about to stop as I have had this transplant now for 12 weeks.

What are you all taking? Medicine in Australia is very advanced, as it is in the US. I have been registered as an RN for over 20 years and nursed in Washington DC for a year also Dubuque Iowa for a year. The comparison in the early 90's was that your country was a little more advance medically than us, however the difference was very minor.

I look forward to talking with you about these topics

regards

Peter Fraser (Tasmania Australia)

Peter Fraser
Upside down down under
kelliOR

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 08:21:48 PM »

Hello Peter.

Congrats on your 2nd txp!  Wow, the 1st lasted 25 yrs!  I am approaching my 1 year anniversary (24 march).  I remain on tacrolimus (prograf), cellcept, and prednisone.  I had my txp. at OHSU (Oregon Health Science  University)  in Portland, Oregon.  Coincidentally, I am also an RN for 20 years.  I received a kidney from my best friend's husband.  How have your meds differed from your 1st txp?

Cheers, Kelli

Shoot for the Moon.....Even if you miss, you'll end up among the Stars ........

Denied PKD for years (Boy, was I good at it!)
Dragged kicking and screaming to dialysis (in center hemo)
Transplant from a friend March 24, 2006 at OHSU
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »

Peter, congratulations on your transplant.  Your Father and sister are the best.  You are lucky to have such a loving family.

People are welcome to post answers here, but you can also read about this year's transplanted people and their drugs right here on "Transplant Stories."  Go back to the main page of Transplant Stories and they are stickied with a red stick pin.

Best of luck with your new gift.

Rerun / Moderator

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »