I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I hate dialysis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hate dialysis  (Read 1816 times)
Harveyman

« on: July 03, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »

I started D on March 19 of this year I was at home minding my own business when the nephrologist saying that my labs were bad my creatinine was high and my B/P was off the friggin charts, n spite of this I felt fine I had just started walking regularly I wasn't itching an I had and still have an appetite like a horse with tapeworm. I balked but doc started me on the D creatinine went down to 4.6 it hovers now around 6 I know that's not normal I'm not on fluid restriction cause I still make fluid and my dry weight is a joke I always come at or below save twice sent I started and my other numbers are great bunn is better than normal same with phosphorus an don't take any binders I feel good  my KT/v is 1.4 and this is with a perma cathe fistula hasn't heal I feel good I fish climb fences to get to my favorite spot and I'm 47 I want to cut my  D time actually I want off totally but these 5hrs15min Mon, wed,and Fri  is a major drag I cry now bout silly stuff I hate being tied to this machine there's my rant good night happy July 4th
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:19:28 AM »

Hi Harvey, Yes it sucks big time.  It sounds like you need to be on dialysis but .... barley.  That would really suck.  I'm glad you can still drink what you want to.  If you quit dialysis you may survive for a while without getting sick, but you need to preserve what kidney function you have left so you don't have to watch what you drink.  THAT REALLY SUCKS. 

Hang in there and maybe they would allow you to cut your time.  Oh, by the way, once you start dialysis the whole creatinine things goes out the window  along with the BUN.  What to watch now is potassium, phosphorus and protien. 

Hang in there and come here to bitch anytime!  WE love that!

Happy 4th.

Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:56:23 AM »

I hate dialysis too.  My upper back, on the right side, hurts like hell.  My chest hurts.  My wife, a cardiac nurse, thinks it's my hiatal hernia.  It's the 4th, and for the first time, instead of watching the fireworks and waves at my mom's beach house, I'll be sitting in a chair getting an extra half-liter of fluid drained, as one of my nephros spotted some edema on Monday.  I spent yesterday getting counseled by anaesthesia nurses, getting blood drawn, and a chest x-ray. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »