I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2024, 10:19:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Disappointing News-The Canadian Blood Services Didn't Find A Match Yet for Me
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disappointing News-The Canadian Blood Services Didn't Find A Match Yet for Me  (Read 2949 times)
Cordelia
Elite Member

« on: June 27, 2012, 11:43:59 AM »

I have some very dispappointing/sad news to share with you all. The Canadian Blood Services was unable to find a kidney match for my husband and I for this most recent run in June.

October will be the next run for looking for a match as these runs are only done every few months, so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Even though I knew there was a risk of no match, it's still hard. You kind of hope in the back of your mind that SOMETHING will come up and its a blow when it doesn't happen.

I haven't had a good cry yet. I likely will at some point.              :'(

Had they found a match during thist most recent run, this fall would have been perfect since there isn't any yucky weather until really November/December, it would have been so much more convenient from a travelling perspective to my tx hospital if I would have had surgery late this summer or early fall before the weather gets too unpredictable.....

I haven't been on the List for very long, only about a year. Who knows? Maybe a deceased donor will come my way before this paired exchange program ever works, who knows? 

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
lainiepop

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:53:24 AM »

So Sorry to hear this Cordelia, will keep you in my prayers xx

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
mcclane

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »

sorry to hear that cordelia  :'( :'(

hang in there, it may take some time but something will turn up
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:57:49 PM »

:cuddle;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

MaryJoe

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:27:23 PM »

oh Cordelia, I'm so sorry to hear that.  Your kidney/match is out there, but I know the wait is just so very hard...  A good cry will probably so you some good.  Aiming my prayers at October now. :cuddle;

Whether the glass is half empty or half full is not as important as being thankful there's a glass and grateful there's something in it.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »

It is hard not to get your hopes up, but you want the very best kidney for YOU! It will come your way!

:grouphug;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
bleija

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 06:21:53 PM »

as much as wee all hate dialysis, i know this is disappoitning, but just look at it a a little bonus time to get everything lined up and ready for when u both do have surgery... make sure ur animals and children are taken care of, since u both are gona be out of it for a bit, and how about money put away/.. those are the concerns my hubby and i are discussing. i have my transplant july 10th, and bc we found out a few weeks ago, now he cant take his vacation, but he was thining about using FMLA to get the time off for the first few days im out of the hospital.
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »

Thanks, everyone.        :grouphug;       If anyone understands, its you guys here        :grouphug;       I had a good cry lastnight in my husband's arms. I really needed that yesterday.

I didn't tell anyone at my unit today. I just wasn't in the mood. I was afraid I'd bring it up and I'd start crying so I chose not to for now.

I know I'll have to say something once the doctor makes his/her rounds next month. The doctor always asks month to month what is going on.  I figure since it will be in the computer on my records, once the doctor types it in the computer,  word will spread around to the nurses. They can find out then.

In the meantime, if someone asks before then, I'll tell them, but I'm not going out of my way to make a point of it if no one asks upfront first. And, I feel quite fine about that.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:53:42 AM by Cordelia » Logged

Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 07:33:25 PM »

Oh, the disappointment must be crushing.  I am so very sorry to hear this, but this DOES NOT MEAN that you will never get your match!  Nothing about ESRD really goes to plan.  Remember, someone else is looking for YOU, waiting for YOU, hoping for YOU to match them.  You will be the answer to their prayers. :cuddle;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 03:15:27 AM »

:thx;      MM!         :cuddle;

I am hoping so!         :cuddle;

Thanks so much for your encouraging words, they mean a lot to me!           :cuddle;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »