I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Oh my I'm sore!! Anyone else?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh my I'm sore!! Anyone else?  (Read 2494 times)
Annig83

« on: April 11, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »

Another question that I am a bit worried about...

At times my skin aches, and if I bump into something or my boyfriend and I "play fight" and he pokes me in the arms or legs I get excruiating pain in my muscles, and my skin, and he doesn't even do it hard.  Am I retaining fluid?  Or is something else going on?  It doesn't happen all the time, just every once and a while. 

Anyone else have this problem?  Oh and I bruise too, very easily... anemia again??? ??? ??? ???

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
Riverwhispering

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »

Ann I'm not on dialysis yet... GFR is 12 but I can relate to what you're saying.  I bump my toe and the pain brings tears.  Seems when I bump into things I bruise easy and it hurts way more then it should.  that is very new to me.   

It's only one step from the Jungle to the Zoo
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:03 AM »

I get times where my skin feels really sensitive to the touch.  usually lasts until the following day.

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »

I do in center hemo and I bruise very easily.  I'm pretty sure its the heparin that causes easy bruising if you're in center.     I hear ya on the poking and what not, I have had the same problems.

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
firehousegirl

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 07:00:15 AM »

Ann, I just started dialysis on 04/09/12;  I went in the hospital on that Monday and had dialysis in there Monday and Tuesday.  Monday went fine, the nurse was great, but Tuesday a nurse stucked me about 4 times and now my arm is purple all over and it is sore with big holes in my skin.  I went Wednesday to start at the center and they was terrified of the shape my arm was in, but they still had to stick me in that same area that is so sore and hurts so bad;  I am on Coumadin.  It was not so bad the first time, but I am now horrified about how my arm look and feel.  Scared to death when its time for me to go because I know its going to hurt.  Has anyone else been through this.  I really feel much better health-wise after dialysis, haven't been sick (knock on wood) after dialysis yet.  I am still able to hold a full time job.  I will be praying for you.
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:23:37 AM »

My left arm, my fistula arm, gets as black and blue as the Rolling Stone's album, especially after they poke me too many times because they can't find my vein.  That doesn't bother me as much as the itch from the tape.  That's really annoying.
firehousegirl

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 09:29:11 AM »

Whamo that is just as bad too.  That daggone itching.
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 03:09:47 AM »

Ugh! I hate the itchiness too!       ::)    I hate that tape!

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »