I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Humor, Pictures, Stories and Poems
| | |-+  March of Dimes...would anyone be interested....?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: March of Dimes...would anyone be interested....?  (Read 3815 times)
Annig83

« on: March 24, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »

Hello all!

As some of you know I have a 16 month old son named Carson who was born 3 months early. He was just 1 lb 12 oz, at 28 weeks gestation due to my kidneys failing during my pregnancy. Without the help of some awesome nurses and his doctors I don't know if he would have made it into this world. He's now a fiesty one year old (as some of you may have just read about ;) ).
I just recently had reconstructive ankle surgery, but my doctor cleared me for walking in this year's March of Dimes walk, here in Indianapolis on May 12, 2012 (MY BIRTHDAY! WOO HOO!). 

I was curious if any of you out there would like to donate to the cause?  The walk is 3.1 miles in downtown Indianapolis.  The proceeds go to research and funding of finding cures, aiding in disease, and helping babies start healthy lives.  You can make any donation, every little bit helps.

You can make a general donation to The March of Dimes on their website- http://www.marchforbabies.org/default.aspx
Or if you want to support me in the actual walk, I will be making a personal page at March of Dimes... when I get all my info. together and create the page, I will repost on here for those of you willing to make a donation! 

Thank you all for your time!  I will repost here in the next few days with my info.  If you have any questions feel free to message me, or repost on here!

-Annie

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 09:51:23 PM »

Oh gosh, many years ago, I'd do the 10 mile March of Dimes walk through Houston each year.  That seems like a lifetime ago!

I'd be happy to support you with a donation!  I'll wait for you to repost your info.  Thanks for your support to a terrific cause! :cuddle;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 06:49:47 AM »

Let me know your info.  I am probably going to to the National Kidney Foundation walk againg this year, so you may be able to reciprocate?  Last year I raised $350 in just two weeks of canvassing, using just Facebook and Hotmail.

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
Annig83

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »

Here is my team website!  Sorry it took longer than I thought to get things together... I haven 't been feeling well this week.  Thanks for your support!  And Amanda I would love to donate for the Kidney Foundation :)  It may not be a lot since I am poor lol, but I will donate something I promise!! :)

http://www.marchforbabies.org/team/t1855438

Let me know if there are any problems!

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »