I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 11:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  This is crazy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is crazy  (Read 4731 times)
needlephobic

« on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:57 PM »

I was all set to see the new neph . Was told early this morning that the neph called and told them he was not taking me as a new patient. At the same time I received a letter From Davita.

Dear me

At Sooner Dialysis we take all patient and family concerns very seriously. I am writing to request you attend a patient-family care conference. The Social Worker, Medical Director, DON, and myself will be in attendance at this conference so that we can address your concerns. We are hopeful that we will develop a plan of action that will meet your needs. During this conference we will gladly discuss any concerns you may have and answer your questions. Please indicate what times and dates would best meet your needs. I look forward to working with you to develop a mutually satisfying relationship. Again, I would like to thank you for informing the team of your concerns regarding Davita. It is by our awareness that we can continue to improve our services.

Sincerely  Facility Administrator

I feel like I am getting blacked balled here in order for me to see another neph must make appointment so my neph can hand over my care to the other neph. in a nut shell my neph chooses who I see cause he has to ok it. then this stupid letter I have no family to stand behind me and I refuse to be tagged on by 4 people in a closed office.  I am wondering why the neph's office didn't call me but the center they do have my number. Just wondering if this is a ploy to keep me at this center? Not sure what to do.
 :sos;  :banghead;  :stressed;
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 05:08:14 AM »

They do  these meetings at my kidney center once a year.  It's just a standard practice they do.  You might reframe the meeting in your mind.  Think of them as allies instead of enemies.  They could be rear ends, sure, but I suspect the real problem is your denial of the disease.  Change is hard, but change you must, to survive.  Don't make it hard on yourself.  Try to adjust. 
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »

Do you have a friend who could go along? That's your family. Then tell them you know they just want to help you and what would help is a transfer to the new doc. Your friend could help you stay focused.
Riverwhispering

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »

Well I hope you take advantage of the meeting and write down all your issues you have with the place and get an answer about each one of them.  If they don't find a satisfactory resolve for them then I'd take it to the next step and move on to a new doctor and center.   That's my 2 cents
  good luck

It's only one step from the Jungle to the Zoo
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »

I agree, Needlephobic, with the above!  Don't look at it in the negative, cause I know that they havent always treated you in the right way, but make it YOUR positive.  They may really be sincere! Be sure to mention your fear of needles.  That is #1 issue with you!

Keep us abreast.  God Bless,
lmunchkin
 :kickstart;

P.S. I know it is so hard with out family there for support, but NP, I believe youv'e done a great job on your own. Family can take a flying leap.  The way they treated you, I wouldnt give them the satisfaction!! How is your lady friend been dealing with this? Has she been supportive?  Sorry, don't mean to pry,

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
needlephobic

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:04:51 PM »

They do  these meetings at my kidney center once a year.  It's just a standard practice they do.  You might reframe the meeting in your mind.  Think of them as allies instead of enemies.  They could be rear ends, sure, but I suspect the real problem is your denial of the disease.  Change is hard, but change you must, to survive.  Don't make it hard on yourself.  Try to adjust. 

At my unit they never had these meetings I asked for one and wanted my Neph there and was told he would not be there. He is the reason I wanted on so he would have to answer my questions in fron of witness. All he does is come in once a month look at me for about 5 mins won't answer my questions then leaves and collects $400.00 from my insurance. I am not in denial of the disease just want answers to questions not excuses. I want to be part of my treatment. Like want to know what goes on what they giving me the side affects of the meds since I have weird side affects not listed on meds mostly opposite
like dayquilt will put me to sleep.

Do you have a friend who could go along? That's your family. Then tell them you know they just want to help you and what would help is a transfer to the new doc. Your friend could help you stay focused.

Nobody to stand behind me been at this alone for over 2 years now

Well I hope you take advantage of the meeting and write down all your issues you have with the place and get an answer about each one of them.  If they don't find a satisfactory resolve for them then I'd take it to the next step and move on to a new doctor and center.   That's my 2 cents
  good luck

The whole purpose of this meeting is to get me to sign there stupid consent I refuse to sign them up as my beneficiary and if the insurance won't pay come after my assets then attack my family don't think so.
Been trying to move to another center and another neph was told today that I been turned down by 4 nephs but Divata has wonderful nephs to see me. See a  picture here ?

I agree, Needlephobic, with the above!  Don't look at it in the negative, cause I know that they havent always treated you in the right way, but make it YOUR positive.  They may really be sincere! Be sure to mention your fear of needles.  That is #1 issue with you!

Keep us abreast.  God Bless,
lmunchkin

P.S. I know it is so hard with out family there for support, but NP, I believe youv'e done a great job on your own. Family can take a flying leap.  The way they treated you, I wouldnt give them the satisfaction!! How is your lady friend been dealing with this? Has she been supportive?  Sorry, don't mean to pry,

My lady friend worries about me all the time. She had a aunt that was on D and was visiting her and died in front of her and she afraid the same thing is going to happen to me. I told her I plan on being around a long time. On a good note today during D after being tagged my 4 bigwigs I got a call on my cell phone  it turns out The neph I been jumping through hoops for the last month and a half Wants to see me tomorrow and promises me to get to the bottom of this. What ever that means.
Riverwhispering

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 05:18:19 AM »

wishing you the best  :cuddle;

It's only one step from the Jungle to the Zoo
Grumpy-1

Make me the person my dog thinks I am

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 06:13:00 AM »

needlephobic   - I'm not sure what advise to give you.  Sounds like there is only one Neph assigned to that clinic.  I have 5 nephs that rotate, so each month I see one of the five.  (sometimes the same one will come a couple months in a row)  Also sorry to hear that your neph won't talk with you or answer questions.  I can understand why you want to change nephs for that reason alone.  If there is only one neph assigned then you maybe stuck, but if there is more, you should be able to transfer to another one.  PUSH for that if that option is available...   Grumpy

needlephobic

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »

needlephobic   - I'm not sure what advise to give you.  Sounds like there is only one Neph assigned to that clinic.  I have 5 nephs that rotate, so each month I see one of the five.  (sometimes the same one will come a couple months in a row)  Also sorry to hear that your neph won't talk with you or answer questions.  I can understand why you want to change nephs for that reason alone.  If there is only one neph assigned thehad the n you maybe stuck, but if there is more, you should be able to transfer to another one.  PUSH for that if that option is available...   Grumpy

There is more than one neph there but lucky me bad one. Now the good news. I went to see the new neph had a wonderful hour and a half chat with him.  He is going to take me on woo hoo. He is going to send me to a person who deals with needle phobia. He is going to send me to a class about different types of dialysis. He wants me to look into PD. wrote me a prescrip for my RLS hopefuly soon be in a new d center. He told me sometimes the D center will call the center a person wants to go to and tell them the bad stuff never the good stuff.(sounds like he was telling on my center.) Looks like I hit the Jack pot  with him. Time for the dance  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;  :yahoo; :yahoo; :yahoo;
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »

Awe, NP, you know I will be rooting for you!  You deserve it!  Hope this pans out and not another "run around".

Praying for you my friend,
lmunchkin

amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »

That is great news.  Hope that it works out for you.  If it doesn't, maybe you could look into another dialysis unit, find out which nephrologists use that clinic and sign up with one of them and transfer.  Would that be an option?  By he way, you shouldbe able to get a confidental meeting with a nephrologist, outside of the 'passing-by' visit that they do when you are on the machine.  I wonder how those 'consultations 'sit' with privacy and laws?

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
needlephobic

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 08:24:04 PM »

Awe, NP, you know I will be rooting for you!  You deserve it!  Hope this pans out and not another "run around".

Praying for you my friend,
lmunchkin

Thanks lmunchkin I hope it works out too. The neph who is taking me on will answer all my questions and listen to me not like the old neph that stupid look he gives all his patients like he cares but don't it is so fake.

That is great news.  Hope that it works out for you.  If it doesn't, maybe you could look into another dialysis unit, find out which nephrologists use that clinic and sign up with one of them and transfer.  Would that be an option?  By he way, you shouldbe able to get a confidental meeting with a nephrologist, outside of the 'passing-by' visit that they do when you are on the machine.  I wonder how those 'consultations 'sit' with privacy and laws?

I am going to a new dialysis center and got a new neph can't wait. The D center I am at has been black balling me telling every neph and center the bad things not the good things. That is really bad of them but my new neph is willing to take a chance with me after hearing from me what has happened since I stared D. According to my new neph my old neph should have explained dialysis to me should had helped me by telling and showing me other ways of dialysis  but he dropped the ball and just through me in. I should have met my treatment team before starting dialysis that didn't happen.
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »

I would have liked the chance to learn about dialysis too. I woke up from a coma on dialysis.

I'm really glad it sounds like things are working out for you. Your new neph sounds like a good doctor. Good luck!
Grumpy-1

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 02:41:55 AM »

Great news !!!!    :bandance;     Hope this new guy and center work out for you.  We have enough to deal with the kidney failure and the life changes it brings without having to deal with lazy doctors and centers that don't care.  Good Luck.

Lillupie

wedding 12-10-11

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 08:11:32 AM »

I was going to say Contact your areas Renal network. and put in a formal complaint

Check out my Facebook profile for CKD "Help Lisa Spread Awareness for Kidney Disease"

It is my utmost dream and desire to reach out to other kidney patients for them to know that they are not alone in this, also to reach out to those who one day have to go on dialysis though my book i am writing!

dx with lupus nephritis 5/99'
daughter born 11/2005
stage IV CKD 11/2005-6/2007
8/2007- PD cathater inserted
9/2007- revision of PD Cathater
10/2007 started PD
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »

Great news !!!!    :bandance;     Hope this new guy and center work out for you.  We have enough to deal with the kidney failure and the life changes it brings without having to deal with lazy doctors and centers that don't care.  Good Luck.

Absolutely!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »