I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  That fine line between going bonkers and normal insanity
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: That fine line between going bonkers and normal insanity  (Read 3576 times)
talker

Talkers oil painting

« on: April 13, 2014, 12:23:13 PM »

There is no one diet that is good for everyone with kidney disease.   :rant;
The reason is simple, the solution is complicated.  :puke;
Kidney diseases are complicated.   ???
So after your Kidney Disease has been appropriately diagnosed, you will need your doctor as well as your dietitian
to make specific meal plans for you.   :police:

Were, that it was, that  simple to do.   :Kit n Stik;

Keep in mind what works for me,
may not be for you,
told to watch, and mind,
the phosphorus, the potassium and the proteins too,
Ah me what to do, what I'm to avoid, as told by you,
am now,
being told, within reason,
 to do.

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
marlinfshr

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »

I eat what I want and a lot of it is on the no list such as pizza, cokes, tomatoes and cheese, 4 things I cant live without. My numbers have been excellent all across the board eating and drinking things I like and I don't need any binders. However, this last blood test I ate more healthy foods and only drank water for the week proceeding and my PTH came in a bit high--go figure.
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 04:45:44 PM »

I eat what I want and a lot of it is on the no list such as pizza, cokes, tomatoes and cheese, 4 things I cant live without. My numbers have been excellent all across the board eating and drinking things I like and I don't need any binders. However, this last blood test I ate more healthy foods and only drank water for the week proceeding and my PTH came in a bit high--go figure.
Ha, wonder how many of us on dialysis, stretch, break, go-around, wave at them diet restrictions, while getting good monthly report cards.
Some what did lose the taste for most soft drinks. Will though every so often do one. Like wise a bottle of beer.

Yes, yes, yes, I'm aware of of the consequences breaking some diet rules,  ::)    :bow;
So I do praise, complement and thank my wonderful, amazing body for precessing my diet discretion's, and indiscretion's as handily as it does. :guitar:

talker

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 06:34:16 PM »

You make a grand assumption that the renal dietitian assigned to you has any sort of time to sit down with you and work out a diet. It is my general experience that renal dietitians are stretched so thin that they just have no time for this type of one on one assistance so they hand you a big sheet of no-no's and leave you to fend for yourself.
marlinfshr

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 07:09:24 PM »

You make a grand assumption that the renal dietitian assigned to you has any sort of time to sit down with you and work out a diet. It is my general experience that renal dietitians are stretched so thin that they just have no time for this type of one on one assistance so they hand you a big sheet of no-no's and leave you to fend for yourself.

That's basically what my dietitian did. The first time I saw her she handed me my numbers and then asked what it was I was eating for them to be so good. She started shaking her head instantly and looked baffled when I continued on. She then said no need to change since it seems to work.

Ever since then she'll just walk in and give me my sheet with the results that I already got off the Davita site and walks out. I have a feeling she'll use the excuse of my high PTH this time to try to talk to me when I go in for my follow up as I finally have a red dot on the chart. I still don't understand why on the description it states that I must keep my phosphorous in ck but my actual phosphorous levels were right in the middle as they've been all along
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 07:09:39 PM »

Hello cattlekid,
Actually, I've experienced no difficulty in gaining my centers dietitian persons attention. Have noticed that she does spend what seems ample time with many new and some long time patients. Generally if my  'centers report card' reflecting the blood tests read outs, show anything but a 'smiley'  face that person will get a talking session with the dietitian. Fluke or good management style I'm unable to answer.
Regardless, were I to have a serious issue with diet, I would manage to get it resolved.
Brings to mind a little issue regards dry weight at one point,  at weigh in time.
I said 'if need be, I will strip down to a pair of swim trunks, to prove  what I'm requesting for 'new dry weight.'  ;D

talker

Be Well

talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 07:17:29 PM »

That's basically what my dietitian did. The first time I saw her she handed me my numbers and then asked what it was I was eating for them to be so good. She started shaking her head instantly and looked baffled when I continued on. She then said no need to change since it seems to work.

Ever since then she'll just walk in and give me my sheet with the results that I already got off the Davita site and walks out. I have a feeling she'll use the excuse of my high PTH this time to try to talk to me when I go in for my follow up as I finally have a red dot on the chart. I still don't understand why on the description it states that I must keep my phosphorous in ck but my actual phosphorous levels were right in the middle as they've been all along

Ha. may be that some  :grouphug; and   :guitar:  is needed to calm down some overworked personell.

talker

Be Well

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »