I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Oh my aching back
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh my aching back  (Read 8957 times)
Jean
Member for Life

« on: January 26, 2012, 01:30:45 AM »

I have known for a long time that I have degenerative disk disease in my back. Recently also diagnosed with Scoliosis. Early in Sept. I started having severe pain in my left leg and knew it was sciatica, from prior experience. Two months later while at the chiropractors office I looked at a chart of nerves and realized the sciatic nerve does not run down the front of your leg, which was where my pain was. Sooo, I went to my internist and he was convinced it was muscular and or in my hip. So I had a MRI. Nothing wrong with the hip. He then sent me to Physical Therapy. Went in this week and got a whole bunch of exercises to do, and like a good girl, I did them. Well, the left leg, the original problem, has gotten so well that I no longer need the cane and have very little pain. After two days of doing the exercises, I am now having the stabbing pain again and the pain in the muscle in the lower leg. However, this time it is in my right leg!!! ARGHHHHHH!!!! ( Just a little rant here) And, actually I guess it is kind of funny too!!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Traveller1947

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »

The kind of leg pain you describe has put me in a wheelchair.  The MRI showed scoliosis, degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis at L4 and L5.  Keep doing those exercises you learned at PT as long as they help.  All the best to you, Jean.
P.S.  I'm not laughing.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 01:02:59 AM »

oh Gosh Traveller, none of my Drs. have said that to me yet. Thank you for the info, that is kind of scary and I will keep up with the
exercises, even if they do hurt. Thank You

Traveller1947

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 07:53:21 AM »

Didn't intend to scare you, Jean.  I meant to encourage you to keep exercising.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:49:19 PM »

Well, it worked, Thanks a lot!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »