I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  3 Good Things That Happened To Me Today.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 Good Things That Happened To Me Today.  (Read 7644 times)
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 04:59:40 PM »

Wait a stinkin' minute!!!!  You went to dinner at Islamorda!  I can walk to Islamorda from my house!!!!!   ;D  Are you a resident of 'da Brook as well?   ;D

BTW....here are my three things for today:

1.  It was 55 degrees and sunny this afternoon....in the Chicago area....in early March!!! 

2.  I got my no-chip (which is a BS lie, by the way!) manicure redone with a springy pink color.

3.  I got a check in the mail from Select Comfort to cover the cost of the pillow that we bought that was not the pillow that we needed.  The check covered the cost of the manicure. 

So my "big three"

1)  Finally and officially gave up re-habbing the house, just hired someone to paint two rooms and a hallway (more like, finish what I started)   It took me three hours in 3 weekends just to scrap off the paint, ended up exhuausted most times, left side where kidney normally aches, so I am happy and more importantly, mama's happy! (seem to tire way more quickly, but thats for another thread)

2)  Saltwater fish I just accidentally sucked up into the water change hose looks ok, no worse off for the wear!  Shaken, but not stirred, or no Sushi tonight   ;D

3)  Going to dinner with mama's cousin and her husband, (nice peeps) Islamorada Fish Co. (Bolingbrook, IL)

Tootles...
conchman

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 05:45:58 AM »

Think west cattlekid, not like Denver west, more like NIU west...DeKalb/Sycamore area...(the Talapia was just okay, apple crisp was better) not the best in food, but good company, wandered a little around the store, good times...

:)

"If I had trouble the warranty said, breathe in, breathe out, move on"- J.Buffett

1991 diagnosed PKD (kidneys, liver)
2010 kidneys at 35% (left 2x size)
2011 kidneys at 30% (left 2x size)
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »

My 3 good things

1. Felt good again this morning eventhough its gray outside, and chilly
2. Got quite a bit of wallpaper of in the kitchen
3. Just eat some really nice pistachio nuts

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 11:25:09 AM »

Think west cattlekid, not like Denver west, more like NIU west...DeKalb/Sycamore area...(the Talapia was just okay, apple crisp was better) not the best in food, but good company, wandered a little around the store, good times...

:)

Oh wait!  I love Sycamore...such a nice little town.  They have a brilliant shoe store there called Stomp; great for hiking and athletic shoes.  I take it you live in the area?  I'm in St. Charles.  We are having a mini-meetup of local IHD members in late April.  Why don't you come along?

Here's the thread about it...

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=25620.0

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
conchman

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 03:00:43 PM »

I have been followin that thread, and I was thinking about it Moosemom.  Not exactly and extrovert but willing to try.  I was going to talk to my wife, maybe.  I think I would like that.  If I read the thread (I'm a poet and I know it!) right, St Charles was the pick??

"If I had trouble the warranty said, breathe in, breathe out, move on"- J.Buffett

1991 diagnosed PKD (kidneys, liver)
2010 kidneys at 35% (left 2x size)
2011 kidneys at 30% (left 2x size)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »

I have been followin that thread, and I was thinking about it Moosemom.  Not exactly and extrovert but willing to try.  I was going to talk to my wife, maybe.  I think I would like that.  If I read the thread (I'm a poet and I know it!) right, St Charles was the pick??

A lot of us have been so traumatized by this disease that we aren't all exactly extroverts, either.  That's not required.  Do think about it, OK?  I have tried SO many things to deal with my anxieties about CKD...therapy, hypnotherapy, biofeedback, natural medicine and other things I can't remember offhand, and I will tell you that meeting other people on IHD in Las Vegas last year was the one and ONLY thing that has made me feel calmer.  There is just something about personally meeting people who have the same struggles that makes you realize that there are people who survive and LIVE with this.  And as far as I know, yes, St. Charles is the pick.  If you have any questions or concerns, just PM one of us!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Ladystardust24

Keep Calm, Carry on.

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 11:34:24 PM »

Super stressful few weeks I thought I would bring this up.

1. Boyfriend and I played some video games together in the morning.Doing something we both enjoy a lot together.

2. Met up with my friend who went to Anime Boston (I sadly, hadn't gotten a chance to get my tickets and was too busy anyways.) Who got me a bell for my "nekogirl" (Cat girl) outfit. It's a bigg-ish bell and purple which matches my collar and custom ear and tail set. << Happy kitten girl.

3. Had a nice dinner with the boyfriend second night in a row. Which he had to hold me through considering stuff blew up at me right before dinner regarding some work stuff. :/

Dialysis 99-01
transplanted 01-04
Dialysis 04-10
Currently Transplant 10-22 +!

Very grateful for my Ziggy Bean.
MomoMcSleepy

My son Roddy McSleepy at 6 months! sry pic sidewz

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »

ladystardust24, this is excellent thing to do for all of us, every day, whether we post it or not...

1. My husband made his own breakfast and made me my de-caf green tea with a little extra cream (my one daily milk-like indulgence)...and didn't complain that the reason he did that is because I turned my alarm volume down and therefore missed it, waking up late (oops!).

2. My husband was unsatisfied with my quick peck and gave me three long kisses goodbye instead.

3. I felt much better than I did the night before.  I had had a test done, they gave me lasix, and though they promised it had no side effects, it bothered my tummy and lowered my bp.  Now my bp  good, and my tummy is ok.  Yay!

35 years old, first dx w/  chronic renal insufficiency at  28, pre-dialysis

born with persistent cloaca--have you heard of it?  Probably not, that's ok.

lots of surgeries, solitary left kidney (congenital)

chronic uti's/pyelonephritis

AV fistula May 2012
Kidney Transplant from my husband Jan. 16, 2013
Howard the Duck
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »