I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Happy 4th to Everyone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy 4th to Everyone  (Read 2484 times)
BobN

« on: July 04, 2016, 01:45:15 PM »

May we all gain our Independence from our machines at some point in our lives.

www.bobnortham.com
Author of The ABC's of the Big D: My Life on Dialysis
Bob's Prescription for Living With Dialysis:
Follow Your Recommended Diet and Especially Watch Your Potassium, Phosphorous, and Fluid.
Stay Active - Find a Form of Exercise You Like and DO IT!!
Laugh Every Chance You Get.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 06:56:34 PM »

And I was expecting a fireworks pun.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:28:47 AM »

I'm just glad there haven't been more accidents than there has been already.    Too many people, and kids, hurt mostly from a lack of caution.

Nephew had a close one last night.   21 y.o. but still does not listen well.   He was the designated 'lighter' for the firework family had gathered to set off.   I had specifically warned him to be SURE the mortar type balls dropped way down in the tube, the long fuse was enough to reach above the top making it still easy to light.   Sure enough, he hung one on the lip.  He was hanging them with the fuse bent over the edge so the ball was suspended by the fuse.   One hung and went off before falling down inside so it didn't launch.  It went off near the top of the tube, insufficient pressure to launch so it fell over onto the ground a short distance away.  Getting near his feet.  Fortunately he saw it come over and was already backing up so he wasn't within the blast burn but way too close.   It had the potential to have been seriously bad.

He learned something.   Like he needs to listen to older Veterans.  Mortars are no joke, even the little ones used for fireworks.

Next year I will have a section of schedule 80 pipe or thicker to extend the tube.   Like a longer rifle barrel, more distance for the pressure to accelerate the round.  Get them suckers UP there a ways.

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:15:18 AM »

May we all gain our Independence from our machines at some point in our lives.

Thank you Bob and I do hope you had a very Happy 4th !
... and like yourself I hope our waiting for independence from our life-saving machines won't be too long...
Best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:10:24 PM »

I am late with the Happy Fourth of July!  However it is still the week of...

How about a happy July 2016!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »