I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  PD Catherer has to be redone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PD Catherer has to be redone  (Read 5282 times)
Chicken Little

« on: January 30, 2007, 02:50:12 PM »

My surgery was Monday the 22nd, but I haven't been able to drain.  The catheter is coiled up under my right breast.  They first said my constipation pushed it up there and I've been tortured with laxatives for the past 5 days.  It hasn't moved though, so now they say it's tangled up in my omentum and I have to go back into surgery tomorrow to have it moved.  Has this happened to anyone else.  I had such a tough time with the anesthesia the first time.  I'm so upset.   :'(   
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time with this i hope things get better soon.
DMB

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:04:52 PM »

My husband had his second catheter inserted yesterday.  He got peritonitis within a few weeks of the first catheter.  We think that it was contaminatd.  We are trying it again and quite frankly I am nervous.  How are you holding up?  Think Positively!!!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:25:06 PM »

My husband had his second catheter inserted yesterday. He got peritonitis within a few weeks of the first catheter. We think that it was contaminatd. We are trying it again and quite frankly I am nervous. How are you holding up? Think Positively!!!

Welcome to IHD DMB.

Could you go to the introduce yourself thread and post an introduction so we may get to know you a litte.

It's great to have you here.

Sluff, Moderator
Chicken Little

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »

I'm hanging in there.   The insertion of the tube is the only surgery I'd ever had and I'm just really nervous about having pieces of me cut and removed.  Hopefully it will all go better this time. 

I hope your hubby is feeling better soon.   
shay_pcb

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 12:06:30 AM »

I had the same thing happen. I got my cath externalized and started dialysis the same day, but I wouldn't fill. So they did an emergency sugery and repositioned it so that it cam eout of another place that they cut in me. It wasn't that bad though. It only took a few minutes, and now it works perfectly! I've been on PD for 9 months and haven't had any problems!! Good luck to you!!
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 06:10:38 AM »

Sorry to hear all is not well with your catheter. Hope they fix it this time. Best of luck.

Ken
Nan

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 03:55:42 PM »

Keep us updated on how you are doing, we can learn from you and we care. :grouphug;

No matter how your heart is grieving....as long as you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true!
Diagnosed with PKD in 1994
Started HEMO dialysis June 2006
Started Home Dialysis on cycler February 2007
Had Live donor transplant February 2008
renal30yrs

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »

I was exactly in the same situation as you are in 82'.  My surgeon tried to correct pd cather for 3 times in 3 months.  After all that pain I was declared I'm not fit for pd treatment.  I'm sure your case is different but I certainly was burned by the pd experience.
Chicken Little

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 09:07:26 AM »

Well they had to redo the surgery and I spent the last week in the hospital because I couldn't pee.  I had a hard time with anesthesia again.   :-\

It's draining now, but the seal is leaking.  One step forward, one step back.  So now I need some more healing time.   

Thanks for listening to me whine.   I'm just so tired of all of this and I missed my transplant eval.   :'(
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »

Well they had to redo the surgery and I spent the last week in the hospital because I couldn't pee.  I had a hard time with anesthesia again.   :-\

It's draining now, but the seal is leaking.  One step forward, one step back.  So now I need some more healing time.   

Thanks for listening to me whine.   I'm just so tired of all of this and I missed my transplant eval.   :'(

Listen chickenlittle if you got the wine honey I got the cheese. Thats what we are here for. You will get fixed up in no time and things will be good once again. Hang in there! Praying for you.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »

I got the crackers to go with the wine and cheese. We could have a party. I have plea\nty of whine left in me.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 04:47:02 PM »

mmmmmmmmmm kitkatz i love cheese n crackers

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Chicken Little

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 12:52:06 AM »

Thank you guys.  It's nice to have someone that understands.   :cuddle;

Could we have that port wine cheddar spread on butter crackers?  I'm sure it's very low in both phosphorus and sodium.   :wine;
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 02:59:24 PM »

Chicken Little, when I found out in December that I was going to have to have my tube replaced because it just wasn't working, I cried on the phone with my fiancee. I was so
devastated.  It was a walkiin, I'd gone in from work to the dialysis clinic, right after lunch,
because my nurse called, and said GET IN RIGHT NOW. That's when they decided it just wasn't gonna work.  The hardest part for me was the cathether for hemodialysis. It was in my throat, and caused severe nausea for over a week. Ugh.  After that, no pain, nothing major, anyway!

I hated the first one. It was so painful and traumatic. The second one was a lot better!
Of course, the morphine during the hospital stay helped.....
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »

The morphine always helps, just ask goofynina  >:D  >:D
Chicken Little

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 11:08:14 AM »

My second catheter is much better.   I think because they did an omentectomy in addition to repositioning the catheter, I drain at super speed now. 

Now if the sharp jabs (kinda like gas pains, but worse) would go away, I'd be great. 
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 11:04:16 AM »

Oh yeah. The good ole sharp jabs. Aren't they fun? I've tried heating pads, moving from one position to another, breathing deeply, trying to relax. I haven't done an ice pack yet though. Of course, I usually get them when I'm hooked up, and I can't go anywhere, and don't have anyone to call to!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »