I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:29:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  **Rerun's Movie Reviews**
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: **Rerun's Movie Reviews**  (Read 298849 times)
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1175 on: June 08, 2014, 07:36:44 AM »

I saw 1000 Ways to Die in the West. It's bloody disgusting. End of review. Pick up your hats on the way out.

Did you get the dumbed down version in Australia?! It was a million ways over here.

;D

I didn't like it; I was expecting more from Seth MacFarlane so I left feeling very disappointed.  We saw Edge of Tomorrow this week and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  The ending perplexed me a tad though. If anyone has seen it and wants to explain it to me in simple terms, that would be smashing. Thanks!

American Hustle - Boring, put me to sleep. It took me over a month to watch this movie, I should have lleft the wrapper on.
Disappointing, as this move is on my must-see list since some of it was filmed 50 yards from my house.

I agree with galvo, American Hustle is amazing. Of course, he likes it because Jennifer Lawrence is in it. I like it because of Christian Bale.  ;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1176 on: June 08, 2014, 07:35:05 PM »

Pops, I don't think it could be dumbed down. I loved the moustache dance, but the diarrhoea in the hat sequence made me sink down to the floor!

I'll see EoT next weekend. I enjoy seeing Tom saving the world.

Jennifer Lawrence, sigh!

Galvo
lainiepop

« Reply #1177 on: June 10, 2014, 12:09:27 AM »

Ok so this is a tv programme (we do talk about them here too dont we or is that another thread and the recent surgery has made me lose my mind?!?)

Anyway been catching up on my programmes since got out of hospital and last  night i watched the last episode in the current series of the the vampre diaires and i wont give away any spoilers but i seriusly hope the ending is not true or it wont be worth watching the next series!!!

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1178 on: June 11, 2014, 11:06:41 PM »

I wish I lived close to a theatre so I could see recent movies instead of waiting for Amazon deliveries.

The Monuments Men - Great film, loved it.

RoboCop - Eh, just an ok update of the late 80's film

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - To Be Determined

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1179 on: June 17, 2014, 08:21:50 AM »

Ok so this is a tv programme (we do talk about them here too dont we or is that another thread and the recent surgery has made me lose my mind?!?)

Anyway been catching up on my programmes since got out of hospital and last  night i watched the last episode in the current series of the the vampre diaires and i wont give away any spoilers but i seriusly hope the ending is not true or it wont be worth watching the next series!!!

I think there was, but I can't find it now.  I don't mind talking about tv on here, but I don't know if Rerun minds (what with this being her thread!)

However, OMG, who did they kill off?! No, don't tell me - I'm still only halfway through the fourth season of Vampire Diaries but it's nearly the summer hols so I'll be able to play catch up (I think)!

;D

Saw Oculus at the weekend.  It was fabulous.  I did wonder if they were going for a more psychological approach at one point, but then it veered back to horror, so no.

cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #1180 on: June 17, 2014, 02:10:56 PM »

We saw the X-Men film at the cinema over the bank holiday weekend in May. Cannot remember the title, but it was great to see a movie with live actors as that rarely happens. I loved the speedy bloke, I think that scene with him racing round the room beneath the Pentagon will one day be considered an iconic bit of cinematic history. Aidan got quite frustrated with me because I guess I didn't follow the plot all that closely and came out of the theatre with some (stupid) questions. My mind does wander during superhero films. We also finally saw The Lego Movie with Aidan, Dyl and one of Dyl's friends. I thought the animated bits were trying too hard, but the live action was delightful.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1181 on: June 22, 2014, 06:57:16 AM »

I loved the speedy bloke, I think that scene with him racing round the room beneath the Pentagon will one day be considered an iconic bit of cinematic history. 

I loved him too!  I wasn't sure though if that was because of the character or because of the actor (who I like in all the other stuff he does, so ...)!

Saw Devil's Knot this week. It made me so incredibly angry and I want to find out more about the case it was about, but everything I've read just makes it all the more confusing.

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1182 on: June 22, 2014, 07:17:46 AM »

i got frustrated enough with G'kid watching cartoons that I took the control.  Sat down and started browsing the movies on Netflix.  Ended up watching 'Popeye', 1980, Robin Williams and Shelley Duvall.  It was far better than I imagined.  Great characters, great location and sets.  Lots of silliness.  Good movie for the kids.  I laughed a lot. Even thru the musical bits, and I don't care much for musicals, no one writes like the old Rogers and Hammerstein tunes.

All in all, as comedies go I'd give it at least an 8 out of 10.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1183 on: June 25, 2014, 01:07:32 AM »

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - It wasn't bad

Thor: Something with Dark in it :  Not good

The Grand Budapest Hotel - Quirky humor, lots of stars I would not expect.

I do not think I have anymore movies pre ordered to arrive in July

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #1184 on: July 01, 2014, 12:08:39 PM »

We saw the Mr. Peabody film at the 2 pound cinema. It was cute, I'd never seen the cartoon before. Just received The Dallas Buyer's Club from Lovefilm by Post so Gwyn and I will watch that when we have the time.

Watching The Blindside with the boys. I saw most of it on an airplane years ago, and the boys used to love watching American football so I think they are enjoying it.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #1185 on: July 16, 2014, 01:47:48 AM »

Finished The Dallas Buyers Club last night. It was one of those films that felt like it was 3 times longer than it actually was. I had wanted to see it for a while and expected to be knocked over, but I kind of hated it. If I had known it was going to be about the seedy underside of Texas I don't think I would have watched it, for I have had exposure to the seedy underside of Texas and it stands as one of the more horrifying experiences in my life. (I do believe that might be saying something, too.)

Matthew McC was good in the role, believable, but was he the only actor who could have played that man so well? I doubt it. Jared Leto stole the film, and when I saw the name I told Gwyn that that name disturbs me for some reason, but why? Oh, because he starred in one of the worst films I've ever watched, Requiem for a Dream (If you want to tell me what an uneducated lout I am for not appreciating the high art in watching someone repeatedly sexually degraded in RfaD, do save your time.)

I don't know, I like complicated characters but the man in Dallas Buyers Club was so relentlessly creepy and unlikable I just didn't want to know about his life. Beyond that, the film seemed to simplistically bash the FDA and condone heading to Mexico for untested treatments. What this person did was dangerous, the fact that it seemed to work for him doesn't make it a wise decision in general.

AnnieB

« Reply #1186 on: July 16, 2014, 04:28:34 PM »

I saw Edge of Tomorrow and couldn't figure out the ending either. I started getting confused with what exactly was happening with the reruns and how TC was able to tell everyone all their deepest secrets. I mean, when did he have a chance to get into all those conversations???? Groundhog Day was confusing for the same reason.
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1187 on: July 17, 2014, 10:36:40 AM »

We saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes this week.  It was super.  LOVED Caesar and Caesar's kids! Looking forward to the next one now.

;D

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1188 on: July 20, 2014, 11:01:27 PM »

We saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes last week. It was really better than I had imagined it would be. Very good!  :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
lainiepop

« Reply #1189 on: July 21, 2014, 12:38:41 AM »

Ok so during my latest hospital stay i read the first 2 books in the series mortal instruments and on saturday hubby and i finally saw the first film of that wich ive wanted to for ages, mortal instruments: city of bones
Very disappointed, missed out half the story which was kind of vital, and changed fundamental parts of the story, not impressed at what could have been an awesome film following eventually all the books, but they changed the ending how stupid is that?!

I want to go see the anomaly withian somerhader aka damon from vampire diaries It loos ok, more hubbys sort of thing than mine but am sure 'll be able to sit through it ;)

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1190 on: July 28, 2014, 12:05:07 PM »

Today we saw Earth to Echo. OMG! It was brilliant ... I loved it.  I'm not sure Blokey did though! Definitely a 'must see'.  Last week we went and saw The Purge: Anarchy. It was fabulous and has made me keen for a third film in the series. Probably better then the first film and has a decent storyline with a good end. We also saw The Two Faces of January (our local cinema do a 'Take 2 Thursday' of films released earlier in the year) which we missed when it was first on at the cinema. It was a tad bleugh. I think I'm used to faster paced films so the slowness of it made me a bit fidgety.

On Thursday we're off to see Guardians of the Galaxy.  Umming and ahhing about Hercules ... should we, shouldn't we?

;D

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1191 on: July 29, 2014, 04:36:30 AM »

I've seen "Saving Mr. Banks" which was about Walt Disney and the author of "Mary Poppins" and I also have seen a really good documentary called "The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story" who wrote all the songs.

But I had never seen "Marry Poppins"!!!   I finally saw it.  Very good especially for the day (1964)

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1192 on: July 30, 2014, 07:57:26 AM »

But I had never seen "Marry Poppins"!!!   I finally saw it.  Very good especially for the day (1964)

BIG GASP! Mary Poppins and Chitti Chitti Bang Bang were the only fantasy style films/musicals I could tolerate as a child. I couldn't imagine my childhood without either of them. I think I had a bit of a crush on Dick Van Dyke until I realised that a) he was old enough to be my grandad, and b) his English/Cockney accents were truly atrocious.

;D

Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #1193 on: July 30, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »

I want to know who's going to be the first person on here to see 50 Shades of Grey out on Valentine's Day in America.
I have seen the trailer...looks hot!!!  :o

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1194 on: August 02, 2014, 06:36:18 AM »

I want to know who's going to be the first person on here to see 50 Shades of Grey out on Valentine's Day in America.
I have seen the trailer...looks hot!!!  :o

Not me. Haven't read the book, won't read the book and so think I'll be skipping the film.

;D

Guardians of the Galaxy was fabulous, although I fell asleep at least once. Silly me. It was genuine tiredness though, having been sat at Hospital for hours earlier in the day whilst my MiL had her endoscopy and waited for the results; the film wasn't boring.

We watched Sharknado 2: The Second One on the tellybox last night.  It was even more amazing than the first film. It generated LOTS of laughter and shaking of head moments. Bad acting, poor script, ridiculous storyline and appalling special effects = FABULOUS!

;D

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1195 on: August 13, 2014, 10:29:02 PM »

Watched Divergent - Still processing what I watched 3 days ago. Feels like I am missing something.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #1196 on: October 10, 2014, 02:22:34 PM »

Watched "Escape Plan" last night.
Not bad for a Sylvester Stallone/ Arnold Schwarzenegger film.
My husband really liked it, he stayed awake through all of it!   :clap;

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1197 on: October 13, 2014, 01:53:44 PM »

I regularly watch the discovery/history channel on youtube about lost civilizations etc. and it is most interesting.
Yesterday I watched a fascinating program about the lost civilization of "Atlantis".
The interesting point about such programs is, that historians and researchers come up regularly with new theories.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:06:13 PM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #1198 on: October 14, 2014, 05:23:55 PM »

What cracks me up about the "History" Channel is when they show programs about the "history" of Space Aliens!   :rofl;

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1199 on: October 15, 2014, 02:25:32 AM »

Thanks for the giggle, CebuShan, I shall try these programs as well; they should be great fun.
So far I only saw a few programs about "lost civilasations" (i.e. Atlantis, The Pyramids, Pompeyi etc.) and I thought they were most interesting...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »