I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  can stress make your creat rise?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can stress make your creat rise?  (Read 2109 times)
lou

« on: December 06, 2011, 10:50:29 AM »

Hi everyone,
just a question as have been mega stressed at work later. Basically my boss is a complete twat, he has no social skills whatsoever and keeps piling loads of work on all of us. I am desperately job hunting but there is not a lot out there  :thumbdown;

Anyway went to clinic yesterday and my creatinine is usually around 100 and it was 116 (GRF 44) Well me being me i am worried sick but the hospital hasn't called so i guess they are not too worried. I had my transplant a year and 9 months ago and it hasn't been this high since about 2 months after the op. Do you think stress could have something to do with it?

Appreciate any ideas.

love to you all  :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »

Stress is an immunosuppresant, so I don't think it can cause a rise in creatinine, although it can make you even more susceptible to infections which could in turn cause your creatinine to rise. It can also raise blood pressure, which could damage your kidneys over time, but probably not this quickly unless your blood pressure is sky high.

So, I don't think your rise is down to stress, but it could be that you are so distracted that you are not keeping yourself adequately hydrated. I know any rise is scary, but I think it's quite likely that as this is such a small rise, it is just your natural fluctuation. My creatinine has been between 53 and 79 (.6 - .9) in my 18-months with the new kidney, so yours is fluctuating less than mine, and no one has shown any concern over my labs, either.

Sorry I don't have more information. I would keep your fluids up, retest, and then if there is still a higher value, ask if the doctor could offer any explanation. Hope it comes back down.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
lou

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »

Thanks Cariad, really appreciate your email.
I always think i am pretty good at drinking loads of water, but maybe i havent been drinking enough? Will def keep an eye on that. Am going back for next blood in 9 weeks so maybe i will be brave and just wait till then! 
Glad to hear you are doing so well - and what a great creat number!
Take care and have a lovely xmas x x
coravh

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:16:40 PM »

I was going to suggest the same thing about hydration. Also, try not to get too obsessed about the numbers. Your creatinine will rise and fall over the months and years that you have the kidney. What you have is a very small rise. You want to watch for trends. I'm sure if you drink a bit more it will go back to what you were previously.

Cora
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 11:59:20 PM »

100 to 114 is really bugger all in the grand scheme of things.

In US values that's 1.13 to 1.28.

It's really not a big change. My creat can bounce around between 120 and even 150. The usual answer is "drink more" - and now it is summer here, so that's even more important.

I wouldn't worry too much

but then again I have my own clinic on Monday so we'll see how I go stress wise. Was 130 last time.....

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
lou

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 11:53:33 AM »

thanks coravh - good advice not to stress about numbers - i know i do that waaay too much!  :cuddle;

and cheers richard, you have reassured me again too! (Also great creat from danny - glad to hear he is still being a star too!  :cheer:)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »