I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:35:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Confused about survival after transplant -Don't forget to read page 2-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confused about survival after transplant -Don't forget to read page 2-  (Read 23422 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 04:07:21 PM »

Because back then I remember you talking about ending it as soon as your son was done with school.  I've noticed a difference pretty much since you started posting about the at-home dialysis - that new machine. 

Oh I still think about that, believe me. In fact I was telling a patient that very thing today after dialysis. I was telling him how I have 10 years to go until my son turns 18. Yeah the NxStage (portable home dialysis machine) is nice but I'll still be on dialysis. Like I  had said before "I'll still hate dialysis, I'll just hate it from home"  :-\

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 08:06:39 PM »

Well, whether you think so or not, I have noticed a difference in your "attitude" and I noticed it change around the time you posted about the NxStage.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 11:07:49 PM »

Well, whether you think so or not, I have noticed a difference in your "attitude" and I noticed it change around the time you posted about the NxStage.

Honestly I resent the fact that you think you know me and suddenly after 13 years of living hooked to a machine you think that a NxStage machine would change my outlook on life, a machine that I have not even begun training on yet. Here let me explain it again.

I Hate Dialysis, and I will seriously consider stopping dialysis when my son goes off to college. By then I would be on for 24 years (STRAIGHT no transplant)  :-\
I Hate Davita, I think they are a uncaring corporation.  >:D
I Hate the fact that worthless gang-bangers who murder and steal have perfectly good kidneys.  >:(
I Hate the fact that I have not taken a piss in 12 years  >:(
I Hate the fact that I am in a WHEELCHAIR due to dialysis.  >:(
The list can go on and on......

Honestly I am not trying to put up this negative persona. On some things I am negative and somethings I am positive. I have the same feelings that I have when I first started this site. So show me the reason/proof of me having a change of attitude, please share with the rest of the members. Show me my posts that made you think I'm less negative now.

Seriously you offended me. You offended me by telling me I have a better attitude about dialysis because of NxStage. It offends me that you think all my suffering (past and present) is now better and I'm in a "happy" place because of NxStage  ??? I have gone through so much shit in my life that GOD himself would have to come down and give me a brand new body to make me truly happy again.

- Epoman
Offended Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006, 03:16:16 PM »

Amen to that Epoman!  I want a new body, anyone got one to trade?  You can have the old worn out one with the lousy kidneys!  Here is the want ad I would place if I could.

Will trade for new body, one broken down older model body.  43 years on it. Bad kidneys. Scars. Want new model with working kidneys, and good heart.  Must be strong.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2006, 06:08:10 PM »

Honestly I resent the fact that you think you know me and suddenly after 13 years of living hooked to a machine you think that a NxStage machine would change my outlook on life, a machine that I have not even begun training on yet. Here let me explain it again.

I Hate Dialysis, and I will seriously consider stopping dialysis when my son goes off to college. By then I would be on for 24 years (STRAIGHT no transplant)  :-\
I Hate the fact that worthless gang-bangers who murder and steal have perfectly good kidneys.  >:(

Honestly I am not trying to put up this negative persona. On some things I am negative and somethings I am positive. I have the same feelings that I have when I first started this site. So show me the reason/proof of me having a change of attitude, please share with the rest of the members. Show me my posts that made you think I'm less negative now.

Seriously you offended me. You offended me by telling me I have a better attitude about dialysis because of NxStage. It offends me that you think all my suffering (past and present) is now better and I'm in a "happy" place because of NxStage  ??? I have gone through so much shit in my life that GOD himself would have to come down and give me a brand new body to make me truly happy again.

- Epoman
Offended Admin

Oh please.  You are reading way more into that than was intended.  I thought it was a good thing.  Where did I say "all is better, forget all your past troubles"?  Please, point it out.  And also, please forgive me for "thinking I know you."  I just made a casual observation based on my spending the last several months on this site, reading just about every post you've made.  You've offended me by jumping all over me for nothing.  Thanks so much.   :(

Joe died July 18, 2007
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 06:26:54 PM »

In case you were wondering, these are 2 of your posts that made me think that...

This will change my world and I can't express the feelings I have right now. Lately I have been getting really down going to the clinic and rightfully...

Before I used to dream of seeing my son graduate high school and I would be content in knowing that I raised him and turned him into a man before my kidney failure finally got the best of me. But then a company like NxStage comes along and gives me hope and the very possibility of seeing my own son become a father himself. NxStage did not invent a new dialysis machine, they found a way to keep a father alive longer for his son.

I am sorry if you are truly offended.  I hate to offend anyone.  But I don't appreciate my head being bitten off for a friendly observation.

Joe died July 18, 2007
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 06:48:03 PM »

- Epoman
Offended Admin

Oh please.  You are reading way more into that than was intended.  I thought it was a good thing.  Where did I say "all is better, forget all your past troubles"?  Please, point it out.  And also, please forgive me for "thinking I know you."  I just made a casual observation based on my spending the last several months on this site, reading just about every post you've made.  You've offended me by jumping all over me for nothing.  Thanks so much.   :(

No It wasn't a "good thing" and believe me I was not jumping on you. You said: Well, whether you think so or not, I have noticed a difference in your "attitude" that is the comment that pissed me off, you make it sound like I do not even know myself.

Also you said: I'm very glad to see your outlook has changed.  I remember how it was when I first joined the site.  I'm happy for you.

I'm very glad to see your outlook has changed  ??? ::)

I remember how it was when I first joined the site.  ??? ::)

Try to understand I am a dialysis patient, you are not, so I am a little touchy when someone not on dialysis, tries to tell me they know me, or has seen a difference in my attitude. But please don't let that comment upset you or think you are not welcome on this site, you are welcome and you are a valuable member to the site. I am just speaking the way I always do, it's nothing personal. That is what this site is all about, being able to speak your mind. So if I offended you, I apoligize.

- Epoman
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 07:01:13 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 07:00:32 PM »

In case you were wondering, these are 2 of your posts that made me think that...

This will change my world and I can't express the feelings I have right now. Lately I have been getting really down going to the clinic and rightfully...

Before I used to dream of seeing my son graduate high school and I would be content in knowing that I raised him and turned him into a man before my kidney failure finally got the best of me. But then a company like NxStage comes along and gives me hope and the very possibility of seeing my own son become a father himself. NxStage did not invent a new dialysis machine, they found a way to keep a father alive longer for his son.

I am sorry if you are truly offended.  I hate to offend anyone.  But I don't appreciate my head being bitten off for a friendly observation.

Well notice in that first quote, it says "will" well I haven't even started yet, plus yeah it will make me feel better but remember I will be going from 3 times a week to 6 times a week.  :o and for the time being, I still go in-clinic, and I am still really sick of it. So nothing has changed.

As to the second quote, it's true they did invent a miraculous machine, and it may give me the possibility of seeing my son become a father himself, however that would mean.... let's say for example, my son becomes a father at 25, that means I will be on dialysis for over 30 years straight NO transplant. Now that's a long ass time. And a lot of suffering along the way. And I will hate every minute of it.

And about the comment you made:  But I don't appreciate my head being bitten off let me quote you for a reply to that statement Oh please.  You are reading way more into that than was intended.

- Epoman
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 07:02:40 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

kevno

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2006, 11:28:40 PM »

Fist of all Epoman and Sara calm down >:( >:(

If you two want to agrue can't you just send each other a PM. You two of gone miles of the tread of this post. You are just backward and forwards with the same Quotes. I thought the idea of this site was to help each other, give advise and have a rant about dialysis. Not have a RANT at each other.

Now you two can have a RANT at me.

Kevno.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:32:27 PM by kevno » Logged

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2006, 11:32:42 PM »

If you two want to agree can't you just send each other a PM. You two of gone miles of the tread of this post. You are just backward and forwards with the same Quotes. I thought the idea of this site was to help each other, give advise and have a rant about dialysis. Not have a RANT at each other.

Kevno.

Can I, pretty please.  ::)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2006, 03:11:52 AM »

I got enough anger rightnow.  I will rant at everyone!
Rant Rant Rant!
There!

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2006, 04:13:49 PM »

If you two want to agrue can't you just send each other a PM. You two of gone miles of the tread of this post. You are just backward and forwards with the same Quotes. I thought the idea of this site was to help each other, give advise and have a rant about dialysis. Not have a RANT at each other.

Kevno.

I'm calm now.   ;D

Epoman, I will accept that you have the right to be a little touchy about things if you think that I, not being a dialysis patient, am trying to tell you how you are feeling.  Again, I apologize since that's the way you took it. 

I'm not going to comment on the other things you said because I'll just get mad again.  It's over, it's done with, it's a new day.

Joe died July 18, 2007
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2006, 07:52:58 PM »

Looks like I came on this too late.  Darn, I'm not doing my job!   >:D

Rerun~ Moderator..

Panda_9

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 06:46:07 AM »

I am a little offended that people have said life isnt normal after a transplant. If you have never had one, how would you know? Its true that some people have alot of trouble afterwards, BUT thats not EVERYONE. You can lead a normal life with a healthy transplant. And YES, it does happen. I had an excellent transplant, and know many others who have too.The only main out of the normthings were - you must take all your pills, stay well hydrated, and generally look after yourself. Saying you cant lead a normal life is misleading and wrong. You will not know how it is going to be until you go through with it if you so choose.
Its no comparison to dialysis, its the opposite. You have to drink alot, your diet is not restricted (you do need to be careful about weight gain), and you arent sitting on your arse 3-4 days a week for hours at a time hooked up to a dialysis machine!

I'll repeat what I said:

So bottom line is NO you won't live a normal life after a transplant. Unless you consider having a lowered immune system normal? or living with knowing that the kidney can fail at any time and you will be back on dialysis all over again. Because he is the hard truth "The Kidney WILL fail eventually" It could last an hour or it could last 20 years, but it's going to fail. That's why you hear all these people talk about multiple transplants. There will be side effects from the drugs you take, weight gain, possible steroid induced diabetes, greater risk of infection, a multitude of problems. BUT you may be the lucky one, every once in a while I hear about a PERFECT transplant experience. I'm not trying to scare you, just give you the facts.

aMbEr_79, many people here have had transplant and most of them FAILED!. When I say you won't live a normal life that is very true, you may live a better life but it is different than having a NORMAL HEALTHY body/life. Some of our members here have had MULTIPLE transplants in their life. You ask ANY doctor and they will tell you the transplanted kidney will eventually fail. It is true there are success stories but the sad stories far out weigh the happy ones.

Let me quote you:

The transplant worked perfectly for 7 years. Then I started to get very tired all the time, but it took 2 years before I was showing signs of the transplant failing. It failed completely after 9.5 years.

That's great that your kidney lasted almost 10 years and I glad it lasted so long for you, however when it happened, you had to go through all the emotions that you went through when you first started dialysis. And now you're back on dialysis, that's not living normal. I think you need to read the introduce yourself section again to read our members bio. You said:

I am a little offended that people have said life isn't normal after a transplant. If you have never had one, how would you know?

Well I'm a little offended to, that you made assumptions about the members here. Many who have posted here have had a transplant. It's true I have never had a transplant, I always choose not to, however I have seen many people get a transplant then get back on dialysis and some (a few) are now dead.

A transplant can be a blessing or it can cause you to come out of it worse off. It's a gamble some are willing to take, I choose not to get a transplant almost 12 years ago, technology/drugs has improved so it's less of a gamble now-a-days. But it's still a crap shoot.

- Epoman

I honestly couldnt be bothered replying, Im not on here to argue. I was referring to my own dialysis life, at no point did I mention your life, or anyone elses. I wont go into my life details, and why I think this, as its my private life. I dont like things to be sugar coated either, but theres a time and a place.
You say
" many people here have had transplant and most of them FAILED!." - Where is here? How many?
" It is true there are success stories but the sad stories far out weigh the happy ones." - What statistics is this based on?
" you had to go through all the emotions that you went through when you first started dialysis. And now you're back on dialysis, that's not living normal." - I'll repeat something you said in another post....."you dont know me".... - When I first started dialysis it was a completely different experience to what Im experiencing now. I still stand by my comment that the transplant was worth it 110%. I have been through worse emotions not even related to this. Of course having a failed transplant is not living normal, I dont even understand why you would say such a comment.

kevno

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 11:03:04 AM »

aMvEr 79

If you are a fully qualified Nurse, why should Epoman need to get you the stats on failed Kidney Transplant,being an qualified nurse and on dialysis yourself YOU SHOULD KNOW THE STATS >:( I know them. A so called successful transplant is one that lasts for five years. How can that be a success :-\ It has failed, mine never really worked properly from the beginning, but because It hang on for nearly sever years it was classed as a success. How is that :-\ It is the Specialists who make up these decisions, when a kidney is a success or failure, you own kidney you had it for over nine years. It still failed. There are only four of use left from when I was a child on dialysis two have had transplants with have lasted for twenty five years, one as had three transplants two so called successful ones. He is now back on haemo.  The rest, I have a photo which shows seventeen of them have died. Nearly everyone of them had had a transplant are two that I know of. Not nice but that is the way it is.

To put it another way stats stink >:( I have noticed that you write the nurses way, the nurse is right the patient wrong. Many times I have shown a nurse how to deal with patients. Plus listen, not just jump in head first thinking what you think you know is right every time. I respect nurses, will always respect nurses. But you must respect what we have to say. You seen hell bent on trying to argue. If you feel you had a normal life with you transplant. Fair enough, no argument there. That is the way you feel. After being on dialysis. It would feel like a normal life to me, But I could never accept it as normal. Being on all those tablets, always at the back of your mind is the kidney going to fail. That is always at the back of your mind every time you have a blood test, are should I say it was when I had the blood tests for my transplanted kidney.

Put another way chill out aMbEr_79 we all have our own views, leave it at that ;)

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »

aMvEr 79

If you are a fully qualified Nurse, why should Epoman need to get you the stats on failed Kidney Transplant,being an qualified nurse and on dialysis yourself YOU SHOULD KNOW THE STATS >:( I know them. A so called successful transplant is one that lasts for five years. How can that be a success :-\ It has failed, mine never really worked properly from the beginning, but because It hang on for nearly sever years it was classed as a success. How is that :-\ It is the Specialists who make up these decisions, when a kidney is a success or failure, you own kidney you had it for over nine years. It still failed. There are only four of use left from when I was a child on dialysis two have had transplants with have lasted for twenty five years, one as had three transplants two so called successful ones. He is now back on haemo.  The rest, I have a photo which shows seventeen of them have died. Nearly everyone of them had had a transplant are two that I know of. Not nice but that is the way it is.

To put it another way stats stink >:( I have noticed that you write the nurses way, the nurse is right the patient wrong. Many times I have shown a nurse how to deal with patients. Plus listen, not just jump in head first thinking what you think you know is right every time. I respect nurses, will always respect nurses. But you must respect what we have to say. You seen hell bent on trying to argue. If you feel you had a normal life with you transplant. Fair enough, no argument there. That is the way you feel. After being on dialysis. It would feel like a normal life to me, But I could never accept it as normal. Being on all those tablets, always at the back of your mind is the kidney going to fail. That is always at the back of your mind every time you have a blood test, are should I say it was when I had the blood tests for my transplanted kidney.

Put another way chill out aMbEr_79 we all have our own views, leave it at that ;)

Kevno

Thank you Kevno, well said. Stats are bullshit! You and I are talking about real life experiences, from what you have seen with our own eyes.

aMbEr_79,  You said: I honestly couldnt be bothered replying You couldn't be bothered? You don't have the respect to reply to the Admin/Owner of the site which you use.  ???

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Gus

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 04:42:53 PM »

Epoman is right on!  A Transplant is just another form of dialysis.  I had mine for 17 years and did very well.  Too well!  When I was losing it I was a basket case!  I felt like I was losing my best friend and there was nothing I could do.  I'm having to move back home to Spokane from Sacramento and giving up a $70K a year job.  Hey!  It was great while it lasted, but the higher you are the harder you fall!
I'm trying to get back on the list just so I have the option for another one.  But, to tell you the truth, I'm not ready to get back on that roller coaster ride again just yet. 

The drugs that keep your transplant have HUGE side affects.  It is a big decision.

Of all your years with a kidney transplant what were/was the worsest side effects from the medication? How did the transplant affect your job duties?
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

Of all your years with a kidney transplant what were/was the worsest side effects from the medication? How did the transplant affect your job duties?

The worst side effects are the slow silent ones like thinning of the skin and skin cancers, thinning of the veins and bones.  I credit this mostly to 18 years of Prednisone.

The transplant only "enhanced" my job duties.  I had energy and felt great.  It was when I started losing my kidney, and eventually ended up back on Hemo that my job went to hell.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 05:32:28 PM by Rerun » Logged

Panda_9

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2006, 03:59:39 AM »

aMvEr 79

Kevno

I was actually asking epoman where he got the stats/info from. For your information, we did not learn about transplants in my study, and very very minimal study on dialysis. success could mean a different thing to each person. While I am quite dissapointed and angry that my kidney failed, I have learned to accept it. And I have also learnt to be greatful that it lasted as long as it did. In 7 of those 9.5 years I had a great life. I actually did not think it would fail, as when I had it done, I was only 15, so you dont take much notice of these things. My bloods were perfect the entire time, and even when it started to fail, it took 2 years to actually get any indication after having 3 biopsies. I can get arguementive at times, as this is a subject I feel very strongly about, and I am more than willing to listen to other patients, BUT I really dislike negativity.
I accepted it as a normal life, as it was the only normality I could ever have. The only thing in the back of my mind was "dont forget to take tablets" "shit I hope I pass uni" and so on. I was on no more medications as what I am now, and the best thing was no dialysis! I dont think the nurse is always right, because they arent. Alot of renal patients are very well educated about their condition, and I think thats really important. I knew my kidney was rejecting 2 years before I got a diagnosis, but no one could tell me anything was wrong. I knew what was wrong, because I know my body. I self diagnosed myself last week when I stumbled over to emergency with high potassium. And to my surprise, they didnt stuff arse around and got straight to work on me.
And I have had my chill pills yesterday thanks, but Im off to dialyse them off so look out  ;)
Panda_9

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2006, 04:04:29 AM »

I hope one day they can get rid of prednisone!
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2006, 07:45:22 AM »

BUT I really dislike negativity.

aMbEr_79 then why did you join a site named I HATE Dialysis? The name sounds negative doesn't it? but why am I even asking you a question, you'll just ignore me, like you did when I asked you:

aMbEr_79,  You said: I honestly couldnt be bothered replying You couldn't be bothered? You don't have the respect to reply to the Admin/Owner of the site which you use.

But why should you reply, right? you'll just ignore me like you did this thread: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.0  ::)

AND just like you didn't bother to reply to this thread: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=411.0  ::)

Both of those threads are forum rules threads, and in BOTH of those threads I asked that the member reply stating they indeed have read the thread.You have posted in several other threads, but I guess you couldn't be bothered, well that needs to change! I hate to be the "Prick" Admin, but you and I need to come to an understanding ASAP, and one thing you need to learn is you don't ignore the administrator of ANY site.

- Epoman
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:49:51 AM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2006, 07:12:12 PM »

I stumbled over to emergency with high potassium. And to my surprise, they didnt stuff arse around and got straight to work on me.
And I have had my chill pills yesterday thanks, but Im off to dialyse them off so look out  ;)

What?  Is that English?   ???

Panda_9

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2006, 10:14:39 PM »

I was referred to this site from my HD unit website. The name is negative, but according to the heading up the top, its not.
I haven't replied to certain threads because I forget to click on notify, its not intentional. It might take me a while to find that thread again. I don't spend all day on here.
I did read both the rule threads and I thought I had replied. I usually leave webpages open to get back to later, but sometimes my other half closes them, so I forget about it. I apologise about that. As you may know, renal failure also causes memory failure  :-\ And for your info, I do use spellcheck since reading the rules. I didn't notice it was there until I had read about it.
To be honest I do think you are a bit of a prick on here. I respect that you own this website, but I have at times found you to be a bit overly controlling, as alot of forum owners are. Enough said I think. I would like to get on with interacting with other members and helping them anyway I can. I don't want to spend my time on here arguing with people.

Rerun, what don't you understand about what I said? If you knew any Australian's, thats pretty good English!
hyperlite

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 10:21:50 PM »

I stumbled over to emergency with high potassium. And to my surprise, they didnt stuff arse around and got straight to work on me.

What?  Is that English?   ???

How is that not english? I'm assuming you're talking about "stuff arse around"...but its probably an australian saying...just like "piss around" or "screw around" or well I'm sure you get the idea...Other than maybe starting a sentance with "And" or maybe a few missing commas, I'd have to say that Amber's post was pretty grammaticaly correct, and in plain english. Let's stop "snapping out on each other"...

-Rerun if you were not (quoting myself here) "snapping out" then maybe next time add a little joking face (  ;D  ;)  :D  :P  >:D ) something along those lines...but since you didn't put one of these, I'm assuming that a joke was not your intention here. This site is really great, but when people start attacking others for really silly things (especially cultural differences) you're going to see a major decline in return posters. Myself included.

Sorry if I came off a little hostile with this post/rant, I'm just getting sick of this not so playful banter between members.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2006, 12:05:42 AM »

I was referred to this site from my HD unit website. The name is negative, but according to the heading up the top, its not.
I haven't replied to certain threads because I forget to click on notify, its not intentional. It might take me a while to find that thread again. I don't spend all day on here.
I did read both the rule threads and I thought I had replied. I usually leave webpages open to get back to later, but sometimes my other half closes them, so I forget about it. I apologise about that. As you may know, renal failure also causes memory failure  :-\ And for your info, I do use spellcheck since reading the rules. I didn't notice it was there until I had read about it.
To be honest I do think you are a bit of a prick on here. I respect that you own this website, but I have at times found you to be a bit overly controlling, as alot of forum owners are. Enough said I think. I would like to get on with interacting with other members and helping them anyway I can. I don't want to spend my time on here arguing with people.

Rerun, what don't you understand about what I said? If you knew any Australian's, thats pretty good English!

You have the audacity to call me a "Prick" on my own website. I have not once resorted to calling you names, you are now crossing the line. And for your information, it takes a "prick" sometimes to keep a site like this up. Since it has been online, I have had to deal with many, many emails from people saying how negative this site is, spammers selling kidneys and registering multiple accounts, and people like you who call the Owner/Admin a "prick", someone who puts MANY hours a day working on this site to make it better for YOU. Just because I am the Admin doesn't mean I'll sit here and be spoken to that way. I expect an apology for the name calling.

- Epoman

P.S. You still have not replied to these two threads, yet you have time to call me a "Prick":

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=411.0

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »