I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:14:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello, wife of dialysis patient-to-be here.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello, wife of dialysis patient-to-be here.  (Read 4348 times)
Sara
Elite Member

« on: January 07, 2006, 06:47:38 PM »

I'm Sara, 24 years old in Jacksonville, FL.  My husband is 36, diabetic and has been dealing with failing kidneys for a while now (2-3 years I think?).  Anyway, we knew this was coming one day, I personally did not expect it so soon.  We found out Friday that he has to start dialysis next week.  Friday he also had outpatient surgery to place a catheter in his neck.  We have been told very little what to expect, other than they are setting things in motion to put him on the waiting list for a kidney/pancreas transplant.  So here I am, researching my little heart out on the internet, trying to figure out what we're looking at, and lo and behold I find this place.  Very cool place you have here.  Anyway, I'm going to be posting some questions.

Thanks for reading.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
geoffcamp

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 08:45:11 PM »

Hey Sara I live in Florida too on the other coast in Bradenton near Sarasota.  It is good to see someone so supportive.  Good Luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask me here or e-mail me at geofcamp@tampabay.rr.com
Geoff

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 09:31:52 PM »

Thanks Geoff!  I'm trying to learn all I can as Joe does not tend to want to read or research anything, he pretty much just goes with what the doctors tell him and I am not like that at all...I've seen too many horror stories to blindly trust anything.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 10:30:43 PM »

I'm Sara, 24 years old in Jacksonville, FL.  My husband is 36, diabetic and has been dealing with failing kidneys for a while now (2-3 years I think?).  Anyway, we knew this was coming one day, I personally did not expect it so soon.  We found out Friday that he has to start dialysis next week.  Friday he also had outpatient surgery to place a catheter in his neck.  We have been told very little what to expect, other than they are setting things in motion to put him on the waiting list for a kidney/pancreas transplant.  So here I am, researching my little heart out on the internet, trying to figure out what we're looking at, and lo and behold I find this place.  Very cool place you have here.  Anyway, I'm going to be posting some questions.

Thanks for reading.

Hello Sara my name is Bill (Epoman) I am the Owner/Admin of this site and I welcome you to this site and I know you will find this site very usefull as will Joe. I made this site to let people such as yourself find out the truth about dialysis and have a place to come and vent/rant about dialysis. It is very smart of you to research and not just trust the doctors. You two have a very hard road ahead but Joe is lucky to have someone like you on his side. Now I am going to reply to some of your posts.  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 06:54:45 PM »

Welcome to this board.  I found it just before I started dialysis and this has been more than a lifeline to me.  If you look in  the section, Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions), you will see many questions that I asked and the helpful answers that I received.  I am very grateful to this site.
Your husband is very fortunate to have you to look out for him like this. 

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Dougndan

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »

Hi Sara,
This is the first time I have read your post, we seem to have much in common. I am the Dan in Dougndan, Doug is my husband. He has been diabetic for 25 years, kidney failure for about 3 years, probably alot longer than that, his diabetic doctor did not send him to a neuphrologist untill his kidneys were at 20%. He has been through one failed transplant (I donated my kidney). And now he is on the "list". He is only waiting for a kidney though, he is very nervous about the whole pancreas thing. I kind of wish he'd do both, but it is his choice. Anyway, hemo is going good for him, he just received a fistula to replace his chest cathater. I hope things are going well for both you and your husband.
Dan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »