I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:15:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  boo Fresinius Boo
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: boo Fresinius Boo  (Read 10706 times)
dialysisadvocate

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »

I am not positive but I believe if the facility physician/nephrologist is your doctor he only gets paid if you see him in his clinic and not his office.. this happened to us also

I would suggest that you ASK for options e.g. home dialysis -- Also you can continue to ask alot of questions - there is a good site to obtain information www.kidneyschool.org or .com   they have a training manual for techs which is easy to read ---that might be a start in order to help you understand more then ask questions,

You can also ask for the facility survey/inspection report from the state to see how well the facility is doing or you can go to this site and put in the zip code and check the facilities in the area -- alot of information as a result of the exposure of care in dialysis facilities www.propublica.org/dialysis
opinions of roberta mikles dialysis patient safety advocate www.qualitysafepatientcare.com

Roberta Mikles BA RN - www.qualitysafepatientcare.com
Dialysis Patient Safety Advocate
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »