I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
| | |-+  Establishing a Buttonhole - different nurses all the time - still on SHARPS
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Establishing a Buttonhole - different nurses all the time - still on SHARPS  (Read 16282 times)
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 10:05:37 PM »

:clap;
Treasure

Dialysis Schmalysis!

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 12:20:33 PM »

Well, it's  been 2 months now and we haven't been able to use the blunts but on a couple of occasions. In spite of the same nurse inserting the needles for 8 different sessions and me doing the rest. I ain't gonna sweat it, though. If my house electricity and water pass the test, I will be in the clnical trial for the Allient and it only uses one needle...I can live with that...even if it is a sharp every time.

You may worship me anytime you like... go ahead...bow down.  Now! Ok, I'm hungry, go get the grapes.  What? They're not chilled. You're useless! Ok...I'll forgive you...this time hehehe
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »

Well, it's  been 2 months now and we haven't been able to use the blunts but on a couple of occasions. In spite of the same nurse inserting the needles for 8 different sessions and me doing the rest. I ain't gonna sweat it, though. If my house electricity and water pass the test, I will be in the clnical trial for the Allient and it only uses one needle...I can live with that...even if it is a sharp every time.
What is the Allient?  ???

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2007, 01:29:01 PM »

What is the Allient?  ???

Let's keep this ON Topic, however here is what "Treasure" is referring to:

The Allient® Sorbent Hemodialysis System.

The Allient System utilizes innovative, sorbent-based dialysis technology to deliver the easiest, most convenient therapy options for acute and chronic renal failure.  The readily transportable system utilizes only six liters (1 ½ gallons) of drinking water for one treatment.  This unique system enables high quality therapy and improved patient outcomes in a virtually unlimited range of treatment environments.

http://www.renalsolutionsinc.com/home/allientsystem.html

http://www.renalsolutionsinc.com/home/allientsystem_inhomemarketing.html

http://www.renalsolutionsinc.com/home/allientsystem_video.html

They are just now starting clinical trials however the machine has been out for a while just not for home use. It is a promising machine however there are a couple of new machines coming out on the horizon that will make this system obsolete. In my opinion this machine is coming out to late

- Epoman

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:31:14 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »

It is a dialysis system. A machine. I use a Gambro...and you?
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 01:31:55 PM »

It is a dialysis system. A machine. I use a Gambro...and you?

Let's keep this thread ON Topic, please.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Duane

I'm glad to be here.

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »

no, no, no I'm not doing this myself no way! my stomach is turning upside down just reading posts. I'm sure the day will come when i know as much as many of you here but for now after reading some posts, the buttonhole and home dialysis is a no for me.

my arm doesn't look ugly yet but i've seen some arms at the center, one guy has two big lumps on his arm that looks like mountains on the plain.

i'm still using lidocaine creme before each dialysis. i guess in time i'll get used to the uglies.

1 Corinthians 9:24  In a race, everyone runs but only one person gets first prize. So run your race to win.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 07:55:21 PM »

no, no, no I'm not doing this myself no way! my stomach is turning upside down just reading posts. I'm sure the day will come when i know as much as many of you here but for now after reading some posts, the buttonhole and home dialysis is a no for me.

my arm doesn't look ugly yet but i've seen some arms at the center, one guy has two big lumps on his arm that looks like mountains on the plain.

i'm still using lidocaine creme before each dialysis. i guess in time i'll get used to the uglies.

Epoman used to call them battle scars.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »

Look if you are going to fight the good fight, you usually are going to cme away with a few battle scars. The old warriors know that battle scars are knowledge gained through experience.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2007, 07:25:50 AM »

While home dialysis is a no for you now, you should consider having buttonholes.  It makes it much easier on the majority of patients that use them and once on blunts very few, if any, need to use lidocaine any longer.

Start the buttonholes BEFORE your arm gets the "uglies". ;D
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »